Ares Games
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WW2 Aviation-Art

Default WW2 Aviation-Art

I gather all in one....i also add something new

Winston Churchill summed up the effect of the battle and the contribution of Fighter Command with the words, "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few". Pilots who fought in the Battle have been known as The Few ever since....They become "The Local Heroes"

Original Here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4merpf

Original Here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4lgllf

Major William “Dinghy” Dunham, C.O. of the 460th FS, 348th FG ,early plane colors...dogfight for air superiority.William D. "Bill" Dunham was the second leading ace of the 348th Fighter Group, and the second leading Thunderbolt ace fighting against Japan. He scored 15 out of his 16 victories while flying P-47s ,Here is his early P-47 Razorback dogfight over Pacific.

Original Here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4m0qnr

That 110 nose art makes it look like it's about to eat that Hurricane !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I think it already ate it!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    The favoured livery of 6/ZG76.

Very nice work, as always

Dave

Thank you guys

Super nice; I like the details, e.g. the bullet casings being dropped from the Messer's wing mount.
    Thanks muchly.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Adlertag!

Great pictures!
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

already out them in mysreen saver.

love all this art work thats appearing .

Thank you all

Thank you all Have another one

Original Here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4mn6r2
    Last edited by rOEN911; 01-17-2012 at 09:28.

This one is so gorgeously serene, specially for war time art.

Another great artwork, thanks for sharing!

Thank you all
    Have another one

Something that i spend a lot of time doing it ,i want it to be if i could say The "Perfect" composite because i really like The Flying tigers Story and the P-40 plane

Flying Tiger ace Edward Franklin Rector was born on 28 September 1916 in Marshall, North Carolina. He grew up there and subsequently entered Catawba College, where he graduated in 1938. joined the Navy in 1939, was accepted for flight training, and graduated at Pensacola with a reserve commission as an ensign in June 1940.

Flying SB2U-2s off the USS Ranger with VB-4 in June 1941, Rector and two other VB-4 pilots were recruited for an "American Volunteer Group" to protect the Chinese "Burma Road" from Japanese attack and were soon on a ship headed for the Far East Assigned to the AVG's second squadron, he participated in the Flying Tigers' first combat on 20 December 1941 and was credited with the AVG's first victory, a Lily bomber downed near Kunming.

Over the next six months, Rector shot down another bomber and two fighters, shared in the destruction of a bomber and observation aircraft, and was credited with a "probable" fighter. When the Flying Tigers were disbanded on 4 July 1942, Vice Squadron Leader Ed Rector was one of five AVG pilots to stay on with the newly-formed 23rd Fighter Group. Promoted to major, he was given command of the 76th Fighter Squadron. He shot down two more fighters while with the 76th, on 25 September 1942, before returning to the UnitedStates.

He returned to China in 1945, was promoted to colonel and given command of the 23rd Fighter Group. His last aerial victory came on 2 April 1945. Colonel Rector remained in China following the war, serving with the Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG) until Chiang Kai-shek was driven from the mainland in 19 47. He later served in a variety of command and staff positions before retiring from the Air Force in June 1962 to become an aviation and communications consult

Tally record: 10 ˝ , one probable.

Decorations: Legion of Merit, Silver Star, Distinguished Flying
    Cross, Air Medal, Chinese Order of the White Cloud and
    Banner, and British Distinguished Flying Cross

Original http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4msc2k

Great pics! Thank you for sharing!!

As great as your work is rOEN911 that picture of the Avro Anson is the iceing on the cake

Thanks guys .

Quote Originally Posted by rOEN911 View Post
    Thanks guys .
    Is your current avatar pic supposed to look like the poster for the little-known '80s horror movie _Great White_? :)

Thank you all
    Have another one

Something that i spend a lot of time doing it ,i want it to be if i could say The "Perfect" composite because i really like The Flying tigers Story and the P-40 plane

Flying Tiger ace Edward Franklin Rector was born on 28 September 1916 in Marshall, North Carolina. He grew up there and subsequently entered Catawba College, where he graduated in 1938. joined the Navy in 1939, was accepted for flight training, and graduated at Pensacola with a reserve commission as an ensign in June 1940.

Flying SB2U-2s off the USS Ranger with VB-4 in June 1941, Rector and two other VB-4 pilots were recruited for an "American Volunteer Group" to protect the Chinese "Burma Road" from Japanese attack and were soon on a ship headed for the Far East Assigned to the AVG's second squadron, he participated in the Flying Tigers' first combat on 20 December 1941 and was credited with the AVG's first victory, a Lily bomber downed near Kunming.

Over the next six months, Rector shot down another bomber and two fighters, shared in the destruction of a bomber and observation aircraft, and was credited with a "probable" fighter. When the Flying Tigers were disbanded on 4 July 1942, Vice Squadron Leader Ed Rector was one of five AVG pilots to stay on with the newly-formed 23rd Fighter Group. Promoted to major, he was given command of the 76th Fighter Squadron. He shot down two more fighters while with the 76th, on 25 September 1942, before returning to the UnitedStates.

He returned to China in 1945, was promoted to colonel and given command of the 23rd Fighter Group. His last aerial victory came on 2 April 1945. Colonel Rector remained in China following the war, serving with the Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG) until Chiang Kai-shek was driven from the mainland in 19 47. He later served in a variety of command and staff positions before retiring from the Air Force in June 1962 to become an aviation and communications consult

Tally record: 10 ˝ , one probable.

Decorations: Legion of Merit, Silver Star, Distinguished Flying
    Cross, Air Medal, Chinese Order of the White Cloud and
    Banner, and British Distinguished Flying Cross

Original http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4msc2k
    Great photos and I love the avatar.

Thomas

Love them both; the P-40s are very timely since we should be getting some in the mail soon
    Nice avatar too: your work? it looks like a different style. Any larger views of it?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thank you,

Nope its not mine art the avatar i mean,

http://roen911.deviantart.com/

get it here is By Robert Bailey

Have another one,
    I realy like this a lot.
    Original *http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4n7drj

I like that one a lot as well... the plane ID is the same as my professional initials... UN!

Another master peice !

Wonderful pics

My favourite is P-40 pic because I like Flying Tigers Story too (I tried to read - translating page by page - the Daniel Ford's Flying Tigers book. A great labour).

Thanks a lot fellas.

I would love to see some 112 Squadron RAF Tomahawks done up like the Flying Tigers picture. 112 Sq in North Africa were the first to use the sharks mouth on the nose of their aircraft and had a couple of Australian aces flying with them too.

Dave

Nice art. They all look so majestic.

Rat of Vengence ,

Is to my Futured plans dont worry :P

Thanks a lot petho.

Thank you, Have another one ,I know Not A WW2 but Little feather....

F9F-2s, F9F-3s and F9F-5s served with distinction in the Korean War, mainly as attack aircraft, showing noticeable resistance to anti-aircraft fire; despite their relative slow speed, they also managed in downing two Yak-9s and five Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15s for the loss of two F9Fs. On 3 July 1950, Lieutenant, junior grade Leonard H. Plog of U.S. Navy's VF-51 flying an F9F-3 scored the first U.S. Navy air victory of the war by shooting down a Yak-9.

Original http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4nhnrw
    Last edited by rOEN911; 01-24-2012 at 18:37.

Rat of Vengence ,

Is to my Futured plans dont worry :P
    Wooo!

The latest one is great. As always, amazed by your attention to detail with these

Dave

Have another one :P .....
    I will return to WW1 planes now.

original here http://roen911.deviantart.com/art/qu...quot-282472707

Wow very very nice!

http://roen911.deviantart.com/art/quot-Welcome-Home-quot-282472707
    We call this one "Private Smith learns to not park his jeep on the overrun".... :)

Think he has to search his teeths, if he's getting alive out of "this" situation.

Seven angry crew members.

Have another one :P .....
    I will return to WW1 planes now.
    original here http://roen911.deviantart.com/art/qu...quot-282472707
    Really nice!!!

Thank you all

Deleted,I will update soon !
    Last edited by rOEN911; 02-17-2012 at 10:31.

Many thanks fella,
    Well guys i found some free time to make something new....
    ....extra detailed

original http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4r22dh

Now there's a mismatch! Does this one have any historical basis? It would be hell of a story

Great work mate, love the attention to detail. The little piece of burning Zeke dropping off is a great touch.

Dave

Looks nice, but were are the allied fighters?

Can't believe that this cucumber shot down the jap fighter...

Thanks again. Your work is truly magnificant. I'm truely moved by your work. again thank you.

Whether it is fact or fictional it still one hell of a good painting

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Looks nice, but were are the allied fighters?
    Can't believe that this cucumber shot down the jap fighter...:confused:
    I can -- it's a *Japanese* airplane, which means "tinfoil terror". I'm guessing the Walrus midship-gunner (obscured by the plane's wing) got off a burst straight into the engine while the IJ was lining up "a perfect shot on a sitting duck".

Many thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Rat of Vengence View Post
    Now there's a mismatch! Does this one have any historical basis? It would be hell of a story

Great work mate, love the attention to detail. The little piece of burning Zeke dropping off is a great touch.

Dave
    Thanks a lot mate,

yes it is historical accurate,

Okinawa Japan 1945 the crew of this Supermarine Walrus claim one enemy plane down in a desperate of the IJA attacks although never credited with it because the plane wreckage never found.Info from the Warpaint 39 - Supermarine Walrus e-book,
    Well is possible because that time the Japanese pilots were inexperienced with only few hours of flying...so was easy prey even for this flying boat

Okinawa Japan 1945 the crew of this Supermarine Walrus claim one enemy plane down in a desperate of the IJA attacks although never credited with it because the plane wreckage never found.Info from the Warpaint 39 - Supermarine Walrus e-book,
    Well is possible because that time the Japanese pilots were inexperienced with only few hours of flying...so was easy prey even for this flying boat :D
    That makes sense. Flying boats weren't always pushovers -- I'm reminded of the pack of eight Ju-88s which jumped a Sunderland over the Bay of Biscay; several minutes later, the -88s ran for it, minus three of their number.... >:)

Thanks for that rOEN. I have noticed you like to recreate historical events, so I thought there might be something there however unlikely

You have a knack for pulling up some obscure scenes, and then working your magic on them

Dave

Thanks a lot mate,

yes it is historical accurate,

Well is possible because that time the Japanese pilots were inexperienced with only few hours of flying...so was easy prey even for this flying boat

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast