Ares Games

Thread: Aviatik Berg D I Profiles.

Exclamation Aviatik Berg D I Profiles.

G'day All!

Thought you might enjoy some Profiles & a 5 view plan of this Aircraft as there are now models available via Shapeways & (I think) others.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	O.Aviatik Berg D I Profiles.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	31407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	O.Aviatik Berg DI 5 view.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	31406

Some nice Schemes there.

What a coincidence Barry. I started cleaning up a casting yesterday. You been taking lessons from Zoe?
    This may change my whole take on this build.
    Filed likewise.
    Thanks.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Very interesting color schemes.

Enrico

Contrarian opinion: The airplane is ugly; the paintwork makes it downright hideous.

I think I found my most ugliest plane for WWI. As much as I enjoy the paint schemes of WWI none of these are pleasing to the eyes. thanks for sharing but I won't use any of these.

Thanks for sharing Barry!

That blue 115.20 alone was worth the price of admission. Aviatik Berg D.I definitely going on my must have list.

/Niclas

Nice one Barry, think I'd pick the simplest one !!

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Contrarian opinion: The airplane is ugly; the paintwork makes it downright hideous.
    You may be right, but it's still the only plane that uses the Q deck, which nestles nicely between the Famous Aces decks and the powerful late-war fighters (it might be a better match for the SPAD XIII than the Albatros is).

I like it a lot because of the Q deck argument too. And I don't have any ... yet.
    They are in my winter scratch build project list along with the SW Pup and a German 2-seater as pathetic as the Be2c from the 1915-16 period ... any ideas?

I think the colour schemes are very "Austrian"; sort of an understated German look over-painted with confusion.

Looking forward to building some of those. These profiles will be most helpful, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingryno View Post
    I think I found my most ugliest plane for WWI. As much as I enjoy the paint schemes of WWI none of these are pleasing to the eyes. thanks for sharing but I won't use any of these.

I like to think of them as having character.