Ares Games
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "Series 5" Update!

Are there any August dates left in the series 5 release pool? I'd like a couple, its just a feeling I have.

Are there any August dates left in the series 5 release pool? I'd like a couple, its just a feeling I have.
    This year or next?

Brothers how long was the bomber and WWII wait. Let us all put our karma on the same plane and have positive thoughts. Things will come to be. Hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Brothers how long was the bomber and WWII wait. Let us all put our karma on the same plane and have positive thoughts. Things will come to be. Hopefully soon.
    I second the nomination!

At this rate given an extra 6 weeks from release in the US they should turn up here for my birthday in September.
    Having just shelled out $240 for the 4 bombers my funds manager might just allow me another big spend then with it being my birthday. Might even get the grandkids to pitch in and buy some as birthday presents. I'll have to provide the cash of cause.
    Linz looking forward to his 55th

OK. Let me be the first.............

July 2012 has been here for at least 9 hours and 35 minutes.

Why isn't my series 5 aircraft here yet??????????????????

Is Ares slacking? Is it that they just don't like Americans? Did aliens abduct the entire shipment as it left the factory? -Or just my order?????

I WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!

Somehow, (just don't ask me how I know) I know that Elvis, O.J. and the Rothschilds are involved up to their necks!
    Last edited by Rick57; 07-01-2012 at 09:46. Reason: Political correctness

July 2012 has been here for at least 9 hours and 35 minutes because time moves forward.

Sorry i had to do this

You know, many, if not most of us are waiting for the release. Whining and shouting doesn't make it easier, or pleasent reading. So, with all due respect, please button it, and remember, patience is a virtue worth cultivating.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    You know, many, if not most of us are waiting for the release. Whining and shouting doesn't make it easier, or pleasent reading. So, with all due respect, please button it, and remember, patience is a virtue worth cultivating.
    Karl

Oh c'mon now. Look again. There is no whining -or shouting.

Just a little joking around, for Pete's sake.

Bless Ares Games. Bless every one of you.

With that said, I still think the Rothschilds have something to with my series 5 aircraft not arriving within the last twelve hours and ten minutes!

tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.

It would have been better if they had not chosen to route them through the Bermuda Triangle
    Rick.

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick57 View Post
    ].

With that said, I still think the Rothschilds have something to with my series 5 aircraft not arriving within the last twelve hours and ten minutes!

tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.
    Personally I think that Dan Brown bloke and those conspiracy theorists are to blame

That darn Bermuda Triangle. Not again!

And I know that the secret of getting them to arrive a whole lot sooner is hidden in plain sight within some kind of code in Webster's Dictionary. I just know it is.

Now, where did I put it.................

You guys complaining about 12 hrs it been nearly 36hrs down here.
    You guys are so yesterday.
    Linz

I for one am happy to wait, for I have 30 aircraft lined up on my painting bench.

Once Series 5 WGF and the WGS bombers arrive I know I'll be spending more time at the games table than the craft table!

In the meantime I will keep myself gainfully employed, brush in hand.

Cheers,

Carl.

Just remember, "July" means any time from "12:00:00.00 Jul 1 just west of the Intl Date Line" to "23:59:59.00 Jul 31 just east of the IDL"--it's a BIG window... LOL

Maybe we can start a lottery. Chose a date for when they ship. Closest gets a prize.

I'll choose 6 August 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick57 View Post
    That darn Bermuda Triangle. Not again!

And I know that the secret of getting them to arrive a whole lot sooner is hidden in plain sight within some kind of code in Webster's Dictionary. I just know it is.

Now, where did I put it.................
    Try Morocco Rick.
    Rob.

Maybe we can start a lottery. Chose a date for when they ship. Closest gets a prize.

That my friend is priceless
    Linz
    I'm picking September 10th 2012

Not Casablanca....

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Try Morocco Rick.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Madboyo View Post

Ever the optimist, put me down for July 23rd 2012.

/Niclas

Quote Originally Posted by wargamer View Post
    Not Casablanca....
    I knew that this thread was about shipping, but I never thought you would bring the Battle of the Nile into it Al.
    That should be on Sails of Glory.
    As far as I know Webster's dictionary is Morocco bound.
    Rob.

Battle of the Nile???

I knew that this thread was about shipping, but I never thought you would bring the Battle of the Nile into it Al.
    That should be on Sails of Glory.
    As far as I know Webster's dictionary is Morocco bound.
    Rob.
    One would have thought that Kyte would applaud anything even remotely associated with Gin joints...

/Niclas

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Battle of the Nile???
    Oh sorry Dave. I thought he said Casabianca.

http://endtimepilgrim.org/boystood.htm

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Niclas View Post
    One would have thought that Kyte would applaud anything even remotely associated with Gin joints...

/Niclas
    Thanks Niclas.
    Now I remember where I left my Piano!
    Rob.

Oh sorry Dave. I thought he said Casabianca.
    Those pesky "i"s and "l"s. always responsible for something. Round up the usual suspects

Please all the mantra of THE PLANES WILL BE HERE will calm you. Drink a nice cup of hot tea or in my case massive ammounts of beer to dull the pain of WHEN. Only the first week of July 2012.

Well guys to help my fix for Series 5 I just ordered a P-40/Zero/RE 8/Rumpler. These are all doubles for missions I have in mind. Remember just the first week in July so maybe soon.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Going into the second week of July...

I'm happy. It gives me more time to save up some money so I can buy them.

I think we need to just accept they will be here when they get here. A week after they do hit the streets this will be a dead thread.

Irritating they cant hit the release date, but in the grand scheme of things not that important

Great point Ken. I went through the same thing with Series III WWII.When they show up they show up and all will be good. Just have to be patient. Remember it is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Madboyo View Post

OK. I choose July 17th at 4:07:24pm Pacific Time.

All I hope is before 12/7 goes on vacation on 7/20/12. Please before then.

Straight from Ares:

The information I have is that the WGF airplane packs will be in distribution by the end of this month, and the Rules and Accessories Pack by mid August.

Great news! Thank you for the update Herr Oberst!!

With that insider information Keith, I will go for a revised date of the 31st of July as it is my Wedding anniversary.
    Rob.

Well just a few weeks. Not like the months for the last release. Just look forward to any release.

Not going there...

With that insider information Keith, I will go for a revised date of the 31st of July as it is my Wedding anniversary.
    Rob.
    Really? Will be celebrating 41st anniversary that date!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Niclas View Post
    Not going there...
    Very wise Niclas, me neither!

Well two week into July. Received my doubles order so not bad. Historicon next weekend and have a small shopping list for things.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Good for you Bob!

I'm...well, still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by wargamer View Post
    Really? Will be celebrating 41st anniversary that date!
    It will also be my 41st. What a coincidence Al. Let us hope it is an auspicious one as far as Ares is concerned.
    Rob.

Congrats and enjoy! Good luck on the pool

It will also be my 41st. What a coincidence Al. Let us hope it is an auspicious one as far as Ares is concerned.
    Rob.

Well last week ordered another set of WWII doubles and they came today. Me 109/Yak/Hurricane/Wildcat/D520. Have to try my hand at repains since I got these. Hope Series V comes out soon. Running out of planes to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    . Hope Series V comes out soon. Running out of planes to buy.
    Is that actually possible Bob? I will have to start considering my future then.
    Rob.

Well, since it's the 19th and hasn't been in to retail/e-tail this week, the soonest anything can possibly go out at least from 12-7 is the 27th. (No rush for me... as long as I get my minis in the end I'm good. )

I've been thinking about how well series 5 might sell. I think there are die-hard fans that will buy any planes for WOG. Then there are the tournament folks. They bring the Fokker DVII's and the SE5a's and try to rack up the most kills. From what is easily available currently (the RAF 8's, rumplers, bruegets, rolands) it seems to me that the competative planes find a wider audience and sell more planes. I worry about a whole series of weaker less shooty planes as the first big wave from Ares. I hope they have the resources and guts to stick it out until the reprints and series 6 if series 5 doesn't sell well.

Of course there is the possibility that people like me will buy two of everything now "just in case." I'm certainly not messing around buying a plane here and there anymore. One of each at the release for me. A product of pent up demand I guess.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast