Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 401 to 450 of 560

Thread: "Series 5" Update!

  1. #401

    Default

    So, they've started showing up in FLGSs, eh? I guess I'll be making a stop on the way home this evening!

  2. #402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodromoi View Post
    I'll always support a local supplier rather than order from overseas unless there is absolutely no other choice.
    Agreed - I've already got my order for one of each lodged with our friendly local pimp.... err bookmaker.... err game supplier

    Edit: although I must 'fess up to getting the bombers off of the Oberst while I was in the U.S.

  3. #403

    Default

    So I stopped by the game store closest to me on the way home from work. The guy behind the counter barely registered my existence when I walked in. I asked about the new fighters. "No," was his answer. That was it. Nothing more. No, "I can see if I can order them for you" or "let me see if we are scheduled to get them anytime soon." He made a critical fail on his customer service roll, that's for sure.

    I called the next closest. The guy was much nicer, but he made it sound like they have enough old Wings of War that they don't plan on stocking Wings of Glory. He offered to order some for me, but I know I can do that myself, and get them at a better price.

  4. #404

    Default

    there is a small gaming convention this weekend in williamsburg and this is where I met the supplier that got me hooked. when I saw him at historicon he said he has them all ordered and is planning on being in williamsburg. so if your up for a road trip you could probably get what you want.

  5. #405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    I called the next closest. The guy was much nicer, but he made it sound like they have enough old Wings of War that they don't plan on stocking Wings of Glory.
    Did you inquire as to what he meant by "old Wings of War" products?

  6. #406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Did you inquire as to what he meant by "old Wings of War" products?
    No, I didn't. I was there not too long ago. They had a handful of DH.4s and maybe a Rumpler or two. They had a better collection of old WWII, including a Stuka or two. I should have bought them, even though I'm not that interested in WWII, because I doubt they are still there.

  7. #407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    So, they've started showing up in FLGSs, eh?
    You know, it's a bleak sign for Local stores when Internet stores can put product on your doorstep on release day, but store orders mysteriously remain unfulfilled...

  8. #408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    You know, it's a bleak sign for Local stores when Internet stores can put product on your doorstep on release day, but store orders mysteriously remain unfulfilled...
    This is why my "FLGS" only sees me when KenzerCo releases a new _KoDT_ compilation.

  9. #409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    You know, it's a bleak sign for Local stores when Internet stores can put product on your doorstep on release day, but store orders mysteriously remain unfulfilled...
    I guess the question is whether it's the stores fault or the distributer. Generally speaking, I have no problems getting orders filled by my LFGS, just when Alliance has it's "buy 6 of the same plane" policy.

    Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    This is why my "FLGS" only sees me when KenzerCo releases a new _KoDT_ compilation.
    I get my KODT for my LFGS too.
    Karl

  10. #410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    You know, it's a bleak sign for Local stores when Internet stores can put product on your doorstep on release day, but store orders mysteriously remain unfulfilled...
    Really!?!? That's sad news. They're usually pretty good about that sort of thing. Btw, there's yet another new game store that has opened in our area. It's called Dropzone Games, and is at the opposite end of Glen Burnie from Games N Stuff. Not much stock, but lots of table space.
    http://www.dropzone-games.com/

  11. #411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Good news Chris. Mine was sent the same day - I hope the package hits Australian shores in time for the weekend.

    Cheers,

    Carl.
    No series 5 in Brisbane this week, but won't be long now.

  12. #412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    You know, it's a bleak sign for Local stores when Internet stores can put product on your doorstep on release day, but store orders mysteriously remain unfulfilled...
    I'm not fortunate enough to have a LGS that stocks this product. Consequently internet ordering is the only way to go. I was going to wait until they arrived in the UK but my lack of patience got the better of me (again). So I've ordered from the U.S. At least this way I've got one of each. When they do arrive here I'll probably get some duplicates too.

  13. #413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I guess the question is whether it's the stores fault or the distributer.
    I don't see how, if the store placed an order, it can be their fault. I worry that the distributors are preferentially treating the internet stores which can afford to order in larger quantities. That may be protectng their short term profits, but at the expense of growing the market.

  14. #414

    Unhappy

    Well I was hoping mine would have arrived in Fridays mail seeing Linz got his but our Customs do tend to be slow so heres hoping for Monday!

  15. #415

    Default

    I am just SOOOOOOO EXCITED to have models available to the public!!!!! New victims, I mean new friends, yeah that's the word! Suddenly we are not just another game gone to the back room! Our LGS has ordered them all in and I hope we can get the game back on the weekly schedule. Sweet Combat . . . Clipper ready to rumble!

  16. #416

    Default

    Got my series 5 comming ,,,now I get word the WW2 bombers are delayed again.

  17. #417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Well I was hoping mine would have arrived in Fridays mail seeing Linz got his but our Customs do tend to be slow so heres hoping for Monday!
    Just got my Series 5 from 12-7 on Saturday Morning. So you may be lucky.
    12 aircraft for $130, postage included.

    I could have gotten them from Milsims - their price is $15.40 reduced from $22. Plus postage.

  18. #418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post

    I could have gotten them from Milsims - their price is $15.40 reduced from $22. Plus postage.
    Is that saying that Milsims has them in stock? My order is with them and I have yet to have heard anything about it shipping yet, although I do live in constant hope.

  19. #419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AllDeadDave View Post
    Is that saying that Milsims has them in stock?
    No, but they may have them in before Christmas.

  20. #420

    Default

    Well that's kind of like good news. Sorta.

  21. #421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Just got my Series 5 from 12-7 on Saturday Morning. So you may be lucky.
    12 aircraft for $130, postage included.

    I could have gotten them from Milsims - their price is $15.40 reduced from $22. Plus postage.
    That was fortunate Zoe, I'm hoping for Monday.

    From my experience with the WW2 lines, Milsims are at least a month behind 12-7.

  22. #422

    Default

    They arrived today, according to CoolStuff, "Unfortunately Ares used only one distributor and only one warehouse of that distributor. Retailers that are closer to that warehouse could have them a little sooner than us." However, they were nice enough to overnight them instead of the usual fedex ground. So for 2 sets of the new birds, $226.14 with free shipping.

  23. #423

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Just got my Series 5 from 12-7 on Saturday Morning. So you may be lucky.
    12 aircraft for $130, postage included.
    LUCKY ZOE!

  24. #424

    Default

    Hope 12-7 Games restocks soon! Ready to order now, but appears most of the new WWI release is out of stock!

    Note: I could order them now from another site that has them in stock, but would prefer to order from 12-7 Games since they are a site sponsor
    Last edited by Dwarflord22; 08-11-2012 at 22:08.

  25. #425

    Default

    Here in the Uk it is still very bleak. I was speaking to my FLGS and they were unable to get UK distributers to fill smaller orders, apparently they require minimum orders which will mean Alan would need to risk a big order or not stock at all. In the current economic climate he cant take the risk. Interestingly he mentioned that this was old Games Workshop policy too, but they have now changed their policy to allow smaller orders.

  26. #426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PilGrim View Post
    Here in the Uk it is still very bleak. I was speaking to my FLGS and they were unable to get UK distributers to fill smaller orders, apparently they require minimum orders which will mean Alan would need to risk a big order or not stock at all. In the current economic climate he cant take the risk. Interestingly he mentioned that this was old Games Workshop policy too, but they have now changed their policy to allow smaller orders.
    I wonder if they (the British distributers) are using the same policy that ALLiance in the States is; that is requiring the stores to buy boxes of 6 of each item rather than singles that they did under Nexus? This was the reason I ordered from 12-7, dispite being a big supporter of LFGSs. I didn't want mine to be stuck with product that would move slowly or not at all.
    Karl

  27. #427

    Default

    Well it's been a long time since July 2009 when Heer Oberst 1st anounced these mins, but mine came today thanks to 12-7 Games. I have got to admit there were times I thought I would never see them. I have a WoG game at my place on Thursday playing early war, so I am hiding them so nobody gets to use them before I do. Even my soon was only allowed to look at them in their boxes

  28. #428

    Dom S's Avatar
    Captain

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Dom
    Location
    People's Republic of South Yorkshire
    Sorties Flown
    1,355
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PilGrim View Post
    Here in the Uk it is still very bleak. I was speaking to my FLGS and they were unable to get UK distributers to fill smaller orders, apparently they require minimum orders which will mean Alan would need to risk a big order or not stock at all. In the current economic climate he cant take the risk. Interestingly he mentioned that this was old Games Workshop policy too, but they have now changed their policy to allow smaller orders.
    Interesting - I'll have to check in with Esdevium, but they've not mentioned any change of policy - they've always had a minimum order (about £150 iirc) for an order to ship post free, but smaller orders are accepted, just not post-free. (They also stock many many other lines, especially board and card games, so unless a shop is exclusively miniatures-focused it shouldn't be a major obstacle.) As for 6 of each item, no they've never had that rule, although sometimes you can get a slightly improved discount level if ordering 6 of the same.

  29. #429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Well it's been a long time since July 2009 when Heer Oberst 1st anounced these mins, but mine came today thanks to 12-7 Games. I have got to admit there were times I thought I would never see them. I have a WoG game at my place on Thursday playing early war, so I am hiding them so nobody gets to use them before I do. Even my son was only allowed to look at them in their boxes
    Lucky man Alastair, I'm still waiting for mine. Tomorrow for sure!

  30. #430

  31. #431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Congratulations! I'm ordering mine tonight!

  32. #432

    Default

    Good to see that supplies are getting through better than the Bombers did Carl.
    Rob.

  33. #433

    Thumbs up

    Yee-Haa!
    My first 2 were in the Mail Box at the P.O. this morning & I must say VERRY NICE!
    The Green Eindekker looks great & the Red nosed Morane will look even better with British Rondels & some rigging. The E.III will get rigged as well.

    I do have another order but that is part of the new Rules pack etc.

  34. #434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Good to see that supplies are getting through better than the Bombers did Carl.
    Rob.
    12-7 appears to be the way to go for Wings of Glory in Australia as elsewhere.

    I have the WW1 Rules and Accessories Pack and eight WW2 bombers on pre-order with them as well.

    I also agree with Barry that the miniatures do look very good.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1757.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	220.7 KB 
ID:	56998

    Dare I say it...worth the wait

  35. #435

    Default

    yes, I should get around to ordering some shouldn't I?

  36. #436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    yes, I should get around to ordering some shouldn't I?
    With the exception of the pygmy pilots, they look first class.

    If you want to fight 1915-16 battles, definitely worth the investment.

  37. #437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Most of those foot pictures I've seen have been with a beach and the sea in the background. Boardgame in foreground is aninteresting development...

    /Niclas

  38. #438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I wonder if they (the British distributers) are using the same policy that ALLiance in the States is; that is requiring the stores to buy boxes of 6 of each item rather than singles that they did under Nexus? This was the reason I ordered from 12-7, dispite being a big supporter of LFGSs. I didn't want mine to be stuck with product that would move slowly or not at all.
    Karl
    With this set Alliance is selling them in 9-packs, not 6. Each box has one aircraft type (Eindecker, DH2, etc.) - 3 each of the 3 paint jobs.

    As of this date Alliance has not yet had them in stock in any of its 4 warehouses. There is at least one other distributor (ACD) that has some in stock and sells them individually.
    Last edited by tuladin; 08-14-2012 at 15:12. Reason: typo

  39. #439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    12-7 appears to be the way to go for Wings of Glory in Australia as elsewhere.
    12-7's new advertising jingle: "America -- F*** Yeah!" from _Team America: World Police_.... :)

  40. #440

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    yes, I should get around to ordering some shouldn't I?
    Definately Nigel. Stop "Horseing Around".

  41. #441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niclas View Post
    Most of those foot pictures I've seen have been with a beach and the sea in the background. Boardgame in foreground is aninteresting development...

    /Niclas
    Good observation skills there Niclas, I wondered how long it would take for someone to notice!

  42. #442

    Default

    I wonder if they (the British distributers) are using the same policy that ALLiance in the States is;
    I'm wondering if there ARE any British distributors in the UK.......

  43. #443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I'm wondering if there ARE any British distributors in the UK.......
    If there are, why don't they take advanced orders. At least then we could identify if it was safe to wait rather than panic buy from the U.S.
    Rob.

  44. #444

    Default

    Mine arrived yesterday - lovely stuff
    There was a slight glitch with the order but Bill at 12-7 has sorted that already - great customer service
    By the time customs & the post office had had their way it added about another 25% onto the purchase price though

  45. #445

    Default

    Has anyone else noticed the tail strut is just a single pice and not the characteristic v strut

  46. #446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Definately Nigel. Stop "Horseing Around".
    Yep, cheers mate! I should have seen that coming...


  47. #447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Good observation skills there Niclas, I wondered how long it would take for someone to notice!
    we ALL noticed but are just too polite to comment on such blatant nudity.

  48. #448

    Dom S's Avatar
    Captain

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Dom
    Location
    People's Republic of South Yorkshire
    Sorties Flown
    1,355
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    If there are, why don't they take advanced orders. At least then we could identify if it was safe to wait rather than panic buy from the U.S.
    Rob.
    Feels like we've been here before; yes there's a UK distributor, the same one there always has been, but they won't take pre-orders without a solid release date, which Ares and Nexus before them have never been able to provide. So we're reduced to "they'll email retailers when they have 'em in hand" as frankly there's not much else they can do. Unless Ares are able to up their game and supply release dates in advance, and manage the shipping / warehouse chain sufficiently that they can stick to them, the distributors anywhere other than the USA are rather thin on options. (For that matter so are the US ones, but at least they know they've got the shortest supply chain....)

    Dom.

    [Edit]. Just got off the phone to them; no release date still, but their system shows them as "in transit" so yes the UK has a shipment on the way, somewhere, just as has always been certain. (Sorry if I'm sounding like a stuck record, but I've really no idea why people seem to think the UK won't get the product; it always has, and nothing's changed, so wearing my "UK retailer" hat, after a while it just gets a bit exasperating....)
    Last edited by Dom S; 08-15-2012 at 03:36.

  49. #449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Feels like we've been here before; yes there's a UK distributor, the same one there always has been, but they won't take pre-orders without a solid release date, which Ares and Nexus before them have never been able to provide. So we're reduced to "they'll email retailers when they have 'em in hand" as frankly there's not much else they can do. Unless Ares are able to up their game and supply release dates in advance, and manage the shipping / warehouse chain sufficiently that they can stick to them, the distributors anywhere other than the USA are rather thin on options. (For that matter so are the US ones, but at least they know they've got the shortest supply chain....)

    Dom.

    [Edit]. Just got off the phone to them; no release date still, but their system shows them as "in transit" so yes the UK has a shipment on the way, somewhere, just as has always been certain. (Sorry if I'm sounding like a stuck record, but I've really no idea why people seem to think the UK won't get the product; it always has, and nothing's changed, so wearing my "UK retailer" hat, after a while it just gets a bit exasperating....)
    I'm sorry for being a bit thick Dom, but how does that stop Retailers from taking advance orders? If they do not specify a date.
    Amazon do it all the time with books. I pre ordered one a year last Spring from them and they just keep giving me a revised reprint date.
    Rob.

  50. #450

    Dom S's Avatar
    Captain

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Dom
    Location
    People's Republic of South Yorkshire
    Sorties Flown
    1,355
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default

    It doesn't physically stop it, but frankly most retailers consider it terrible service to go taking pre-orders with a delivery date of "one day". It also doesn't in any way change the availability if they do take pre-orders; the goods are no more or less likely to turn up promptly and in the desired quantities because someone's stuck them on their website months in advance.

    Then there's the payment issues - pre-orders are fine for companies that can keep your card details on file indefinitely, but anyone who takes cards via Paypal has a problem - either you charge up front; very poor form without even a release date, or you simply make a note of the "definite" pre-order and hope the customer decides he still wants it when the goods arrive - I've been stung that way before, and in all honesty will be amazed if I'm not again with some of the Series 5 pre-orders I have noted down. The lack of a release date means you can't even get back to the customer a few days before the planes turn up to check "are you still wanting these?" - all you can do is grab them when they become available, email the customer snd hope they've not changed their mind / forgotten all about it / succumbed to impatience and ordered from the States....
    Last edited by Dom S; 08-15-2012 at 06:15.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •