Hi,

been away for a while, busy with work and painting the 3D printed Bomber. It's been an adventure alright, painting the thing...

As usual, first a light twin coat of diluted PVA, then a grey primer spray

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b1.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	31214

It was fun painting, especially the wing leading edge, where two colours meet... took me a week!

Name:	b18.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	31217

Name:	b4.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	31211

Name:	b912.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	31212

Except for the roundels, I made my own decals and that was fun, too. The wheel hubs are transparent decals, the edges smoothly (well, more or less) painted over to blend with the tyre colour

Name:	b8.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	31210

The white lettering on the fuselage was printed on a green background and then painted over to better blend in. I first printed some 15 different shades of green to find the right one, then put on the letters.

Name:	b7.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	31213

Lessons learned?

1. transparent decals are, well, a special case. Bright decal over dark background? Forget it! I ruined some decal paper while trying to produce the lettering which would be visible on a transparent decal.It worked with wheel hubs because they are bright.

2. white background decals: paint tends to crumble when you cut them. I had to give the rudder decals two coats of liquid decal film and still had a devil's time to make it right. More or less. In the end I painted the things over...

Jure