Ares Games
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Origins Game Fair is the official convention of Wings of Glory Aerodrome.

As of an hour ago, our events are approved. I am just waiting to hear about compensation now.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    As of an hour ago, our events are approved. I am just waiting to hear about compensation now.
    That's good Ken.

Looks like this is shaping up to be another cracker Keith and Ken.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I'm in for that Herr Oberst - don't do WW2 but what the heck, anything to help get Gunners across the pond !!

Glald to help out and get the lad across the pond.

*does happy dance*

can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I'm in for that Herr Oberst - don't do WW2 but what the heck, anything to help get Gunners across the pond !!
    And hopefully back again

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    What Gunners said.
    Rob.
    What did I say ???

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    And hopefully back again

What did I say ???

Quick, while he is confused, liberate some of the German aircraft he is holding hostage!!

Excellent!
    You said this.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Quick, while he is confused, liberate some of the German aircraft he is holding hostage!!
    Did you notice what he said about "back again" Herr Oberst.
    Kyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    You said this.
    Rob.
    Blimey, that was February - I have trouble remembering what I said yesterday sometimes

Yesterday? What day was that?

The first part of the prizes supplied by Ares showed up this week:

Wish i could go. I was slated to host a 28mm Bunker Hill game with Rick Obrien "The Flag Dude". Stop by while your ground crews arefreshening up your machines and let him know how great the terrain looks! If you need a break from flying, try slogging up Breed's Hill. It aint pretty.

SWEET!

Awesome ! wish I could be there.

That's great for me...but what are the other guys going to get???

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    That's great for me...but what are the other guys going to get???

Thomas
    I think the Smack-Talk has started!....better watch your 6 Squadron Leader!

It is with great regret that I must withdraw from Origins. So wanted to be there. So very disappointed that we cannot.

WHAAAAAATTTT???? I am bummed! Paul does that mean your two buddies are not coming as well?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    WHAAAAAATTTT???? I am bummed! Paul does that mean your two buddies are not coming as well?
    Ya am afraid so. It became career ending request and I had to stand down. They were going cause I was and set it all up. Sorry lads. Another time.

Yep.... now I am triple bummed. Called and adjusted our reservation for the 94th...

Even worse, I now own two all in badges I cannot use! Gotta love it!

Consolation prize is a Con in Toronto June 16th . I'll listen in and try to replicate some of the missions offered at Origins for the lads in Toronto. [sigh].

Sorry to hear, Paul. We'll have to hoist one in honor of our brothers across the lake!

Paul you will be missed. You better start laying the ground work for next year now... Cause I don't want to hear this again next year.

Thomas

Hope everything works out for you.

Part two of the Ares prizes support:

Sweet! I think I see my name on one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Z View Post
    Sweet! I think I see my name on one of those!
    That's funny, I only see German pilots on them! lol

The prizes just keep stacking up!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prizes.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	46681

*swoons*

Maybe there should be a special prize for old lady pilots from Canada...

Can't wait until next week!!!

(and my thanks to everyone helping to organize this shindig - it's a handful and a half and it's great to have you all stepping up to make it happen!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheryl Nantus View Post
    *swoons*

Maybe there should be a special prize for old lady pilots from Canada...

Can't wait until next week!!!

(and my thanks to everyone helping to organize this shindig - it's a handful and a half and it's great to have you all stepping up to make it happen!)
    Thanks Sheryl, and I hope I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth when I say; we, Buckeye Gamers in Flight, love doing this and meeting with everyone and making new and lasting friendships. And Keith you are a Buckeye Gamer now too. Look forward to meeting you again and everyone else. We are all hoping this year will be better than last years which was great. Steve after this trip you will be one too.

Thomas
    Last edited by CappyTom; 05-24-2012 at 14:56.

Thanks Sheryl, and I hope I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth when I say; we, Buckeye Gamers in Flight, love doing this and meeting with everyone and making new and lasting friendships. And Keith you are a Buckeye Gamer now too. Look forward to meeting you and everyone else. We are all hoping this year will be better than last years which was great. Steve after this trip you will be one too.

Thomas

Well Said sir!

So, I was wondering... Do you Buckeye Gamers have a standard rule set you use for these games? It would be great to know ahead of time so it's not something I have to re-establish for every event I sit down at. Let me see if I can list the likely variations...
    Explosions in deck?
    Special Damage?
    -"Observer Incapacitated" icon may result in "Pilot Wounded" special damage?
    Altitude?
    -with collisions?
    Illegal move: straight or dead?
    Targeting: center to base or center to model?

I thought this might warrant a new thread, for ease of reference, but apparently I'm not cool enough to do that here...

We do not have a standard set... and some of our events are listed as advanced while some are easy... so the rules may change between events and depending upon the event GM. Sorry I can't give you a less "chaotic" answer

Thanks Sheryl, and I hope I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth when I say; we, Buckeye Gamers in Flight, love doing this and meeting with everyone and making new and lasting friendships. And Keith you are a Buckeye Gamer now too. Look forward to meeting you again and everyone else. We are all hoping this year will be better than last years which was great. Steve after this trip you will be one too.

Thomas
    ^this!

I keep my rules very simple... I win! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Even worse, I now own two all in badges I cannot use! Gotta love it!

Consolation prize is a Con in Toronto June 16th . I'll listen in and try to replicate some of the missions offered at Origins for the lads in Toronto. [sigh].
    Origins has refunded my and my buddies' tags. Excellent customer Service and a positive outcome for us. Thanks Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Origins has refunded my and my buddies' tags. Excellent customer Service and a positive outcome for us. Thanks Origins.
    Glad to hear it... I was hoping they would!

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    So, I was wondering... Do you Buckeye Gamers have a standard rule set you use for these games? It would be great to know ahead of time so it's not something I have to re-establish for every event I sit down at. Let me see if I can list the likely variations...
    Explosions in deck?
    Special Damage?
    -"Observer Incapacitated" icon may result in "Pilot Wounded" special damage?
    Altitude?
    -with collisions?
    Illegal move: straight or dead?
    Targeting: center to base or center to model?

I thought this might warrant a new thread, for ease of reference, but apparently I'm not cool enough to do that here...
    At Origins I stick to the rules set in the game. I mostly use altitude and once I give a quick explanation of the rule everyone gets it. I tell them that if your climb rate is 3 then you get 2 climb tokens and on your 3rd climb you move up a peg and remove your climb tokens. Simple. I tell them that each move represents about 10 seconds of movement, that gives them perspective on the game.

Thomas
    Last edited by CappyTom; 05-25-2012 at 02:50.

More prizes....

Where did you get those??? And can you make some for WW2? They look great.

Thomas

More prizes....

Outstanding!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast