Ares Games

Thread: New from Reviresco

Thumbs up New from Reviresco

Reviresco has some new WW1 plane listings kits. Including a Sopwith Trip, and Snipe. Plus a Macchi m5. Plus others!

Rich

http://www.tin-soldier.com/soptriplane.htm

http://www.tin-soldier.com/MacchiM5.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails macchi m5-1.jpg   triplane5.jpg  

I ordered the Macchi M5 it is a nice kit, and does not look too hard to build. A plus is you can order a set of decals that cover the whole plane so no painting, you still have to primer it before you put on the decals. I just finished my mock up(prebuild, I always do this, no paint and use white glue so it is easy to take apart, this makes sure everything lines up and fits) of the Sopwith Triplane. What a pain!!! I made my own struts out of flat brass, I cut up and used three of the wing jigs to get the wings straight. It still took me about 7 tries to get it to work. The cowling included with the kit is terrible so I modified a WoW Sopwith Camel, again a major pain, and used the landing gear as well. After all that I'm scared to take it apart for painting and decals. A lot of John's kits are real nice, If I were new to building these kits I would not start with the Triplane, the Macchi M5 would be a good choice though.

Smile New from Reviresco

I do WW2 and just received an order of Cr-42`s and Gladiators! So i am about to have fun with them!

Rich

Thanks for that information, I am now going to have to get the Marcchi M5 as I consider it to be one of the nicest WW1 flying boats!

Thumbs up New from Reviresco

Doug I thought it was an interesting looking plane. Not your typical WW1 float plane!

Rich

Name
    Victor
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Thanks for that information, I am now going to have to get the Marcchi M5 as I consider it to be one of the nicest WW1 flying boats!
    What deck would you use for it?

Have not worked that one out yet at the moment I am getting it as I like the aircraft

Similar Missions

1. Reviresco Kits
    By Mackenzie in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 15:02
  2. Reviresco Distributors
    By Doug in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 13:29
  3. Reviresco AEG GIV pictures
    By IRM in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 11