Ares Games

Thread: Plane or Card?

Name
    Lt.Binks
    Sorties Flown

Default Plane or Card?

Hay not been playing that long n just wondered wen aiming to shoot do u have to hit just the plane card or the pic of the plane on a card?

thx

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jared
    Sorties Flown

this was recently discussed, though the discussion ended before you joined
    here is the thread http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=974

while some people do it differently, as stated in the thread, officially you only need to touch the card to shoot it.

this is the method i prefer, as I feel the card represents an area where the enemy plane is most likely to be, and that the damage cards then reflect how well the firing pilot had lead his target and aimed before firing as well as lucky elements such as bullets striking fuel tanks or important structures beneath the canvas (ie a 4 or special damage might represent excellent aim, a 0 represents poor aim causing the burst to miss, an explode card might represent a lucky hit on a fuel tank, outright killing of the pilot, or causing the wings or tail to fold or snap off entirely).

Name
    Lt.Binks
    Sorties Flown

thanx

The biggest thing to keep in mind with that topic is that all the pilots at the table should agree beforehand.

After getting some more games under my belt I've found 2 things:

1 - It's important to get agreement on the methodology.
    2 - It's equally important that people not get their panties in a bind because something is 2mm off...the bases adjust as you move, etc. so if its' a hair off...we count it and just say that it'll benefit everyone equally since the minis are a bit fiddly to keep perfectly aligned.

Basic game - card

Advanced game / optional rule - the plane

Thumbs up Red Dot!

I was under the impression that the red dot on the cards was the aiming and target point on the cards. it is the example given in the rules for firing.

Rich

The red dot is where you measure from... but I've never read any thing that says to measure to it for hitting someone.

Angry Firing In Dow!

Kieth
    By the rules definition you are right. The red dot on the firing plane to any point on the target plane card. It goes to show you 12 people can read the rules and interpret as red dot to red dot which is how we have been playing it! Although the dot to dot method has worked as long as you use the firing arcs in conjunction with the red dot. Something to correct in our next game!

Rich

Hey, as long as it works for your group... go with it!

Thumbs up Firing In Dow!

That is what i say. The last game i played had experienced WOW and DOW players no one raised a question or objection. So it worked!

Rich

Similar Missions

1. Anybody Use One Card?
    By KirkH in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-08-2016, 08:49
  2. The wifes plane!
    By SoldierSteve in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 01:59
  3. Shoot the Plane or Shoot the Card?
    By sparty in forum WGF: General Discussions