Ares Games

Thread: Original pic Camo painted Vickers Gunbus

Exclamation Original pic Camo painted Vickers Gunbus

G'day All!
    I came upon this pic of a Vickers Gunbus done in an early effort of a Camo paint job.
    Whilst the pic is far from perfect I thought it might give our Shapways painters something different to try. Cant tell if the top of the wings were camo as well but the Nacelle & Tail certainly are.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW1 Camo Gunbus.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	27182

Yep! I'll certainly bear that photo in mind when I come to do mine Barry.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Yep! I'll certainly bear that photo in mind when I come to do mine Barry.
    Rob.
    Rob, do you have the Osprey Pusher Aces Book ?
    This pic is shown in it with some interesting details including the fact it has small Union Jack flags on the Rudder. You can just see part of one if you look hard.
    I am doing mine with the top of the Top wing & Tail plane in camo as well as rudder & nacelle panel. Rest will be in CDL.
    Will look different at least!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Rob, do you have the Osprey Pusher Aces Book ?
    This pic is shown in it with some interesting details including the fact it has small Union Jack flags on the Rudder. You can just see part of one if you look hard.
    I am doing mine with the top of the Top wing & Tail plane in camo as well as rudder & nacelle panel. Rest will be in CDL.
    Will look different at least!
    Yes I do have that book Barry. I have seen the Union Flag on several other early aircraft, be can't say I spotted that one. Thanks.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Good book by the way ...