Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite plane

Smile Your favorite plane

What is your favorite plane of wings of war ? (ww2)

For me , is my homemade card of a Aichi D3A1

Nice card, but that isn't a Val. Looks like a model 52 zeke.

I like most of the airplanes, depends on the theater and time period, even day or night. Mustangs and Mossies as a base.

Henry

The P-51 is my favorite fighter for WW2. For early war it is the Curtis P-36/Hawk 75. Unfortunately, neither are available yet, though I'm hopeful the hawk will come out in the next year or so as so many nations used it early in the war.

Pooh

I create a P-51 homemade card... the plane is on the page 2 of the pdf file... i you want, i can change the deck and the resistance of the plane... i hope you will like them :-)

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=311

That's a really nice collection of cards. Well Done!

Henry

More plane coming soon for wow1 :-)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Morten Broested
    Sorties Flown

although the p-51 shouldn't use the D deck, or be so low in armor (but as your Vals use the B deck, you must be using some houseruled decks )

I think the P-51 should use the A deck (or faster!), with an armor of 18 or 19.

My favourite aircraft is the P51B with the Malcolm Hood (partial bubbled canopy). I just love the look and the shape of the plane and olive green liveries with bright coloured personal markings.

This is my part 2 of my homemade planes... and yes kombofink I use my homemades decks

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=320 (press download)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Hello I am a newby,...
    And first of all I want to say hello to all...

I play the WWII one and I am total enthusiastically

And my Favorite is the Messerschmitt Bf 109 E

Ps. How I can get upload a picture....

Greets

Andreas

Welcome Papavader !!! If you want, you can upload you pictures on your Album in your profile, after that, you can copy, paste the link of the picture for the forums

Messerschmitt Bf 109 is a great choose.

I guess mine would be the Wildcat.

Although I think it should have more armor and the Zero should be more maneuverable. Now I'm still new at playing this game and started with WW1 first but I love these models.

Tom

wjhupp

My favorite planes are the SE-5a, the P-47 Thunderbolt, and the Douglas SBD Dauntless, all of which I am still waiting for. That being said, there really aren't any planes I don't like.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by franc3555 View Post
    Welcome Papavader !!! If you want, you can upload you pictures on your Album in your profile, after that, you can copy, paste the link of the picture for the forums

Messerschmitt Bf 109 is a great choose.
    Thank you for the quick information franc3555...
    I will try it soon...

Also I like the Focke-Wulf Fw 190...

I hope it would come in later miniatures Series

Greet's

Andreas

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ken
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Papavader View Post
    Thank you for the quick information franc3555...
    I will try it soon...
    Also I like the Focke-Wulf Fw 190...
    I hope it would come in later miniatures Series
    Greet's
    Andreas
    FW190 particularly the long nose versions.
    And also either a Macchi C.202 Folgore or C205 Veltro.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Finally I got my Picture in my Album,...

And Here she is the Messerschmitt Bf 109 E...

Taadaaaaa

Last edited by Papavader; 01-08-2010 at 02:45.

Very nice one !! I also like the Douglas (homemade)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jared
    Sorties Flown

whats the matter with you lot, surely there is nothing nicer than a MKI spitfire in brown and green camo with a black nose cone!!! throw in the siren song of the rolls royce merlin, and you have the sexiest thing that will ever grace the skies!

Users Country Flag

Name
    warren
    Sorties Flown

Default P-40

nope the p-40 warhawk is the best looking plane out there!

Name
    Jesús
    Sorties Flown

CR 42 Falco is one of my favourites.
    Also Macchi C.200 Saetta and German Henschel Hs 123

I love the anachronich look in the WWII

Quote Originally Posted by warrenn View Post
    nope the p-40 warhawk is the best looking plane out there!

Can't wait for an official mini.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andre
    Sorties Flown

I like all the planes released so far but the WWI do have that extra cool factor

favorite plane in WoW ww2? well, the choice is pretty limited to 4 models... anyway, having to choose from any ww2 plane, lots of cool choices, I like all to be honest and if I were to name only one now, today my choice would be the Do335. I know its a strange plane, I just like its kind of different.

Capt. Jack Harkness

Default My Favorite Plane

Hello folks,

I'm am interested in trying this game, but still am trying to work out my schedule with my new job, family life, etc. However, I wanted to add my 2 cents worth. My favorite WW II plane is the F4U-Corsair. I just love the gull wings on that plane.

Uomoruy

My favorite WWII aircraft are the A6M Reisen, an amazing plane, and the SM 79 Sparviero, the only plane that gave respect to the Reggia Aeronautica.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Laurence
    Sorties Flown

After the props, stuck between the Meteor and Canberra. But back when airscrews were airscrews, anything fairey or an F.2.b

Me-262 for sure, Stutka and finally the Corsair!

my favorite planes of WWII were the Corsair and Me 109

Quote Originally Posted by razide View Post
    FW190 particularly the long nose versions.
    And also either a Macchi C.202 Folgore or C205 Veltro.
    Ju-87 G2 (Hans-Ulrich Rudel)
    FW-190 Dora
    IL-2 Sturmovik.

All great planes. None produced for WoW yet.

If I was to chose 1 plane it would be the Australian Lockhed Hudson, those aircraft and the pilots who flew the against the japs in Malaya, and the Dutch Far East were legends!

" o/~ I like big Jugs and I cannot lie... o/~ "

I love most of the late war fighters, they've all got great handling and some very satisfying firepower!

You can't beat a Spitfire for looks, tell me that engine doesn't sound great too??!!

I'm getting a soft spot for the I-16 too

Robin

Tough choice.
    I have the same problems with choosing my prefered WW2 tank : a tincan (FT-17) has its charm, and a big cat (PzV Panther) is nice too, and a medium tank (Cromwell) is interesting...
    I do like the look of the Spitfire (the wings are really unique), but I also like the Mosquito (nasty beast).
    The Stuka is a legend (and its wings are also nice - as the Corsair's) but the Sturmovik is too.

So I would say, I "prefer" about all the WW2 planes... but not all at the same time : depends on my mood (hey : a Gladiator against a Me-109 asks its pilot to have guts to dare the duel).

I always liked the look of the Westland Whirlwind - though not very successful it has a certain menace about it.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

p-39 is a underappreciated awesome WWII plane although it will never see the light of day for WOW2

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by STICK View Post
    p-39 is a underappreciated awesome WWII plane although it will never see the light of day for WOW2
    Fire from the Sky has Bell P-39 Airacobras.

I am a WOW1 guy but this small fact has me at least considering picking up 2

Robin

What would seem difficult in WoW WW2 are the faster end war aircraft (the maneuver cards should offer much greater moves).
    I presume that an "end of WW2" concept could be created - with a caveat that it is not compatible with the Dawn of War system (as the present WW2 aircraft and cards are not compatible with the WW1 system).

I've always been a "Black Widow" kind of guy myself

Users Country Flag

Name
    David
    Sorties Flown

Nice Warhawks, Afilter

For some reason I just love the Ju-87... It was the first model of an aircraft I built as a young teen and had the tankbusters on it. I used to play 1/72nd wargames and used it quite effectively as long as there was no other opposing aircraft. I also like the way it plods around the board playing DoW while the other aircraft motor past and you get several shots from both ends. Many players can't seem to get a grasp on how to attack the Ju 87 for the reason of it's slowness... They often misjudge and completely overshoot opening themselves up.

None I truly hate (aside from the Vietnam-era MiG-21 and the MXY-7), but my favorite for WWII is the custom-card Black Widow that Max Headroom made.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

[QUOTE=Baron;8615]favorite plane in WoW ww2? well, the choice is pretty limited to 4 models... anyway, having to choose from any ww2 plane, lots of cool choices, I like all to be honest and if I were to name only one now, today my choice would be the Do335. I know its a strange plane, I just like its kind of different.

Here Here, one of my favorates, esp among the what ifs. If Nexus ever produces them for DOW (or perhaps a slightly different late war game), I'll probably buy more than there were!
    Karl
    PS> Like the P-39s too; guess I just like odd ball planes
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I have learned to enjoy flying the KI-61. I have built three Minicraft 1:144 scale KI-61`s over the last year, and finally had a chance to fly one! I need to finish two Ki-100`s on my shelf to see how they compare!

Rich

I have learned to enjoy flying the KI-61. I have built three Minicraft 1:144 scale KI-61`s over the last year, and finally had a chance to fly one! I need to finish two Ki-100`s on my shelf to see how they compare!

Rich

FW190 D hands down. The D model Focke Wulf was arguably the best fighter of the war. Yeah Yeah I know the P-51 but my uncle was a 51 pilot with the 487th and he was afraid of them

Quote Originally Posted by IvanTT View Post
    FW190 D hands down. The D model Focke Wulf was arguably the best fighter of the war. Yeah Yeah I know the P-51 but my uncle was a 51 pilot with the 487th and he was afraid of them
    The "Downstairs Maid" was ineffective above 16,000' -- no pressurization for the cockpit (that crew quality had plummeted didn't help). Probably the reason your uncle was afraid of the Dora was due to the P-51 being designed for high-altitude work, thus being less-than-effective on the deck, where Dora lived.

My favorite plane of WW2 will never be in any game as it never entered production. Its the McDonnell xp-67 Moonbat. Its the kind of plane Batman would fly. It had the misfortune to be saddled with the continental engine that was a failure. Now give it a pair of merlins...

Pooh

Rick!

Check out the files section. Max and others have some 190 custom cards. They had a good work out at last months convention.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_3295.jpg   100_3305.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Your favorite Plane
    By franc3555 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 19:12
  2. plane card stats
    By Charlie3 in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 15:39