Ares Games

Thread: Question to our French pilots

Default Question to our French pilots

An ancestor of a friend of mine was a pilot during the WWI.

Last weekend i visitd the local graveyard and saw his grave again. I noticed that it said he had been a "Knight of the Legion of Honour".

His name was Josef Černohous (he was probably an Austro-Hungarian, unless he had lived in France for some time before the war). I should have some pictures of his grave (including his photo and dates of birth and death in 1924) soon from another member of the Aerodrome, von.rybnik.

The friend of mine used to have a whole bag of absolutely unique photos from his heritage, with planes, uniforms and other interesting things. However, long time ago she refused to give or sell them as a family treasure (and then thinking she could get a fortune for those). Then she and her boyfriend bought a house and moved there. Needless to say she threw away the photos as rubbish then, without even letting me know.

I thought I would kill her.

I wanted to ask our French pilots whether there is a chance to find out more about him and why was he awarded with the rank of Knight of the Legion of Honour?

I think this would be a good starting point:

http://www.musee-legiondhonneur.fr/0...?sid=320&lid=2
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

For some people money is the only thing that's important to them... they don't realize how poor that really makes them... What a shame to throw away such an important historic collection

But I hope you find what you are looking for despite that womens act of barbarism...

Indeed, that is a shame.. and she probably is still clueless as to what she had in those bits of history.. they could have been donated to a museum or given to yourself as well.. but to be discarded as rubbish... such a tragedy.. history should be cherished, not discarded..

Very interesting Blog. I've learned something today which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    I think this would be a good starting point:

http://www.musee-legiondhonneur.fr/0...?sid=320&lid=2
    Thanks for the link, Steve. I am going to contact them.

Hi Jan If you need any help in translating French to English drop me a line . Live in france and speak the lingo.