Ares Games

Thread: Miniature, card, and real plane comparison

odobenus

Default Miniature, card, and real plane comparison

Hi,

I just found some thing about DH4 miniature I have acquired. It has double guns in front and single in back but damage at the base is depicted in opposite way, i.e. B front, A back, same as at card. The photos of real DH4 seem to support the B/A version.
    (for example here or here )
    In my understanding to damage schemes, I thought that double (powerful) guns bring more damage, i.e. A damage deck use, and vice versa, for single gun the B deck is used. Or am I completely wrong? For the gameplay it does not have to be substantial, I use the scheme B/A as printed at card, but comparison with model and real plane has drawn my attention.
    The model:

Pavel,

I believe that all the models are the same except for paint. The cards have varying arrangements of guns from A/A, B/B & B/A. It just depends of which pilot you got.

Pooh

odobenus

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Pavel,

I believe that all the models are the same except for paint. The cards have varying arrangements of guns from A/A, B/B & B/A. It just depends of which pilot you got.

Pooh
    Yeah, now after inspection of detailed photos of DH4 miniatures I found it, it is exactly like you said, probably simulation of different pilot/observer skills and presence. So, it is opportunity for modding the miniature according to the crew Thanks.

It also depends on the period of the war. I think it was mid 1917 that the RFC started putting twin guns in the rear of all their two seaters.

Similar Missions

1. Anybody Use One Card?
    By KirkH in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-08-2016, 08:49
  2. comparison chart
    By Leuchtturm in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 11:03
  3. plane card stats
    By Charlie3 in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 6