Ares Games

Thread: Pics of WW1 Aviators Uniforms.

Exclamation Pics of WW1 Aviators Uniforms.

G'day All!
    My youngest Daughter brought home a book from the Libreary at the High School where she teaches that was considered redundant as it had not been borrowed since June 2004.
    It is titled "Knights of the Air" & appears to be one of an Aviation Series published by Time-Life Books.
    It has many inaccuries particularly in Colour drawings of the Flying Circus which are actually Aircraft from Jasta 18 "Raben". Must have been the Red Noses that confused them.

However there are some nice Colour Photos of Uniforms & other Items which I will Scan & Post.
    Here is the first installment. Enjoy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW! Allied Uniforms.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	25576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW1 Central Powers Uniforms.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	230.2 KB 
ID:	25575

I have the same book in the german translation "Kampfflieger des Ersten Weltkriegs" Very enjoyable as it describes the evolution of the airforces of the various nations from the very beginning to 1918

Very cool looking forward to other pic
    Thanks
    Linz

Fun pictures! Thank you for posting!!

Now if we could get some of these with them in the various types of flying kit they wore, that would be really useful. Nevertheless this is really interesting in itself after seeing all the old B&W. photos of groups of airmen.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."