Ares Games

Thread: WWII House rules

Default WWII House rules

Happy flight to everybody!
    First of all excuse me for my bad English.
    I must be sincere, I have played to Wings of War WWII, but the rules have not convinced me. If I remove the rule on the double speed (high and low), the sequence of the movement founded on a card movement instead of three and a greater ability of fire, I can take the rules of the WWI and not to change anything.
    I make an example: an aereoplane of the WWI (Spad XIII) had an rateo of climb of 2M/sec and a maximum climb of 45M, therefore the Spad spent 22/23 seconds to reach 45M, a Hurricane climbed of 650M in 18 seconds.
    Another example? The manoeuvre Immelman in the WWII was not used during a dogfight, to perform this manoeuvre was equal to commit suicide him.
    Then as you understand with alone these 2 examples,everything we should correct the distances of the ray of fire, then the ability of climb and dive while a manoeuvre is performed even if this manoeuvre is a turn, turn or stright. For ability of Climb or Dive during a manoeuvre I intend to earn or to lose a Chit. The card Climb makes to earn a level immediately and it must be performed after a manoeuvre to high speed. The airplanes can be shot only to the same quota, 1 ray of distance if both have or don't have chits, 1/2 ray if an airplane has chits and the other airplane it doesn't have chits,that is the same system who we uses for the rule of the collision.
    These are the 2 principal house rules that I use for playing with the airplanes of the WWII, I don't add other because my discourse becomes too much long
    Hi to everybody
    Paolo from Massa-Tuscany-Italy

So you tried to improve also WWII rules. Good job! I'm trying to merge all the information I'm finding here. It's not easy at all... Uff...

Similar Missions

1. Spinning as house rules
    By Druid_ian in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-31-2023, 03:08
  2. House Rules - Altitude
    By Carlos Lopes in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 13:08
  3. Our House Rules
    By Eserchie in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 6