Ares Games
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Videos of WW1 Aircraft

Very exciting footage Allan.
    Being able to see what it would be like to face Jasta 11 in its heyday.
    The coments by the narrator were also informative especially about the later life of those pilots who did see out the war to it's end.
    thanks once again for posting.
    Rob.

Last Flight Of The Red Baron: Airshow reenactment video. Please note that the reenactment was designed to explain the final day of von Richthofen to an airshow crowd -- it was not designed to be a 100% accurate portrayal! :-) Additionally, this was filmed before the DR.1 shown was repainted in the full red colour scheme of 425/17.

Nice video Allan.
    Seemed to cover all the bits that a non informed crowd would need.
    Thanks for posting.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Video: Replica Airco DH.2 and Airco DH.5 fighters in the air.

Video: Replica Nieuport 17 air-to-air.

Sopwith Camel versus Fokker Dr.1 Triplane... with some in-cockpit shots...

Another very nice bit of footage Allan.
    Not unreminiscent of some of my one to one table dogfights, in the fact that no one could actually shoot each other down.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    And to think, those guys were trying to shoot each other down in those back in the day!

HA!.....flying machine guns.

Great videos Allan!

Great videos!
    How was I unaware of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Great videos!
    How was I unaware of these?
    I have a suspicion that these get 'buried' pretty quickly and that quite a lot of people here don't realise that we've been posting some relatively interesting video material for quite a while. We're almost finished with the bulk of our archived WW1 material, so in the next few months you're going to start seeing much more recent HD footage of the aircraft of The Vintage Aviator :-)

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiAce View Post
    ... in the next few months you're going to start seeing much more recent HD footage of the aircraft of The Vintage Aviator :-)
    Looking forward to that!

Now I'm aware and I'll check them all the time.

Short video of an original WW1 R.A.F. B.E.2f -- orginally built in 1917 ...

Allan, these videos are awesome! Visiting New Zealand was already on my bucket list. Now, it is even more so if I could actually see these replica and authentic WWI planes. Keep posting videos. I love watching these graceful birds soaring for real and not just in my imagination

Nice bit of footage, of an aircraft we don't see much of in the air.
    The commentary was also very informative.
    Thanks Allan.
    Rob.

Very nice vid. Thanks for another one Allan.
    Interesting detail is the 2 Lewis MGs mounted on either side of the observers cockpit. While better than wrestling a single between the two mounting points, I can't help to think that they made it more difficult to do anything useful without banging into one or the other. Plus the weight.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thanks, Allan.
    Now i have to build me another Be2...

1916 Halberstadt D.IV Replica takes to the air...

First I've seen of this thread. Great material Allen. Love it, keep 'em coming!

Yep, very cool thread and nice collection of videos.

Great to see a Halberstadt D.IV in the air after all these years even if it is a replica.
    Thanks for the posting Allan.
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Berel
    Sorties Flown

What a great thread, glad it popped up on my radar this morning.

Here's what a Sopwith Snipe REALLY sounds like with a Bentley BR.2 rotary engine....

Very impressive Allan.
    I always enjoy any of these soundtracks.
    The guns, the machines, the songs.
    Thanks again.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Very impressive Allan. I always enjoy any of these soundtracks.
    We've been a bit remiss over the last few months in keeping this thread up to date with out new video releases, so over the next few days I'll post a few more here so you can all catch up.

Allan

More Nieuport 11 video -- with original 80hp Le Rhone rotary engine -- great sound!

More great stuff Allan. These are definitely fun to watch.

Very interesting to see Lombardi's 11 in action. It makes me want to get my Italian Wing into action again.
    Maybe when Kyte visits Rome he may find time to emulate your very fine pilot in the clip Allan.
    Thanks for posting.
    Rob.

Default New Mosquito DVD

Hi all - not strictly WoGS as we haven't got the Mosquitos yet (will we ever?), but I thought some of you might like to see our new DVD/BluRay trailer...

Apologies if the posting of this here offends anyone -- but at least you know than I am a 'regular' and not just a dirty rotten spammer!

For anyone in the UK who is vaguely interested, a small HAFU team (myself and photographer Alex Mitchell) will be in the Northern Hemisphere on the HAFU UK Tour 2014 from early August to early September. We'll mainly be filming for our channel so will be pretty busy, but we're hoping to be able to take a bit of time out to meet up with like minded folks while were there. :-)

Thumbs up

Alan thats super & NEVER apologise for posting any of your clips.

We do play WW2 as well mate!

Default WW1 Reenactment and Dogfighting

Here's a dramatised WW1 reenactment -- not sure if this is everyones cup of tea. There's a link in the video to watch Part Two if you get that far and want to see the end...

Thumbs up

What a really great clip Alan!
    Some wonderful shots of J 11 & allied Aircraft as well as the land battle.

Thank you for that.

Part 2 - Fokker D.VII, Pfalz D.III & SE5 - Yeah I watched that ! Great to see these wonderful reproductions in their natural environment.

"He is wise who watches"

Awesome movie Allan! It seems a great time was had by all the reenactors and pilots.

Default Royal Aircraft Factory B.E.2e's - two together

Here's a video of the two R.A.F. B.E.2e's that are currently in the UK, and which will be displaying at a few events over the next couple of months...

Thumbs up

Here's a video of the two R.A.F. B.E.2e's that are currently in the UK, and which will be displaying at a few events over the next couple of months...

Very topical as we have just commenced an Early War Campaign in which the BE's figure often.

That's nice work Allan, thank you. I was just on the Shapeways site looking for(and found) some BE2 models. I've become enamored with them from watching the Wings series(BBC) that some poster here got me hooked on.

Thanks for that Allan.
    i caught a few details which will come in handy such as the size of the Roundel on the underwing and the fact that my model has no triangular support over the outer struts.(Yet)
    Rob.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    That's nice work Allan, thank you. I was just on the Shapeways site looking for(and found) some BE2 models. I've become enamored with them from watching the Wings series(BBC) that some poster here got me hooked on.
    Was that me William?
    Its one of my most watched WW1 DVD's.
    Thats where I got Capt Triggers & the "Hearts of Oak" Squadron from.

Allan

Always a pleasure to watch your new videos!

Rich

Dogfight! WW1 Aircraft Displays from The Vintage Aviator now available on DVD in the UK.

It's been a while since I stopped by the Aerodrome - have been a bit busy for the last few months. For any of you in the UK/Europe who'd like to pick up a copy of the WW1 aircraft video disk that we produced back in August last year, please be aware that it is available directly in the UK from the Aviation Book Centre. At the moment only the DVD version is available - if anyone really wants it on BluRay then we might look at getting some produced for UK distribution as well.

Here's the Trailer video:

Allan

Question

Dogfight! WW1 Aircraft Displays from The Vintage Aviator now available on DVD in the UK.

It's been a while since I stopped by the Aerodrome - have been a bit busy for the last few months. For any of you in the UK/Europe who'd like to pick up a copy of the WW1 aircraft video disk that we produced back in August last year, please be aware that it is available directly in the UK from the Aviation Book Centre. At the moment only the DVD version is available - if anyone really wants it on BluRay then we might look at getting some produced for UK distribution as well.

Here's the Trailer video:

Allan
    Is it available in Australia Allan?

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Is it available in Australia Allan?
    Yes it is, directly from the Historical Aviation Film Unit website.

Cheers
    Allan

LOOP

Wow! How could I miss this thread. NICE!!

Very good.
    Only one thing missing. The staccato rattle of gunfire.
    Would be nice to be able to use as background sound effects for events.
    Rob.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

What a lovely series of videos, Allan! I've just stumbled across these in my exploration of the site and will visit again often. As many have said before me, Keep 'em coming! Thanks so much for sharing them,

All the best,
    Matt

Hi all, it's been a while since I've had a chance to stop by with some WW1 aircraft video. Here's one for all you Albatros fans:

CANNOT wait for Warbirds over Wanaka. T minus 5 days!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canestri10 View Post
    CANNOT wait for Warbirds over Wanaka. T minus 5 days!!!!
    Should be good, but it's a pity there'll be no WW1 birds down there this year. All things going well we will see the Catalina back in the air:

So, you liked the Albatros video? How about another with THREE Albatros fighters...?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast