Ares Games

Thread: TRIVIA CONTEST #2: AIRPLANE PHOTOS

Default TRIVIA CONTEST #2: AIRPLANE PHOTOS

There are 10 original photos. each numbered as 1 thru 10.

What planes are these pictures of ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1. Albatross G3 twin-engine bomber (Germany).jpg   2. Albatross Taube Model 1914.jpg   3. British Handley Page bomber.jpg   4. Fokker D-7 fighter (Germany).jpg   5. Italian Caproni bomber.jpg  

Here are the pictures of #s 6 - 10:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6. Junker-Fokker CL-1, all metal plane (Germany).jpg   7. Siemens-Schuckert R-8 bomber (Germany).jpg   8. Hansa-Brandenburg single-seat fighting seaplane (Germany).jpg   9. Halberstadt CL-4  (Germany).jpg   10. Fokker DR-1, single-seat fighting scout (Germany).jpg  

2 was hard to get the id from that pic

1 Albatross G 3

2 Taube

3 Handley Page V/1500

4 Fokker D.VII

5 Caproni Ca.42

6 Junker-Fokkei CL I

7 Siemens- Schuckert R 8

8 Hansa-Brandenburg

9 Halberstadt CL 4

10 Fokker DRI

100 % CORRECT !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Potenza View Post
    2 was hard to get the id from that pic

1 Albatross G 3

2 Taube

3 Handley Page V/1500

4 Fokker D.VII

5 Caproni Ca.42

6 Junker-Fokkei CL I

7 Siemens- Schuckert R 8

8 Hansa-Brandenburg

9 Halberstadt CL 4

10 Fokker DRI
    Outstanding job! Well done.

As the winner, you have the option of posting the Trivia Questions for Contest #3. If you have a list of questions you'd like to post, send them in a PM to Col Hajj, and he'll reply with approval, or comments.

If you by the end of the week you don't have anything to submit, I've got plenty of other original images of planes I can post. I even have a number of colored illustrations of a number of WWI planes I could post in lieu of original pictures.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by usmc1855 View Post
    100 % CORRECT !!!!!!

As the winner, you have the option of posting the Trivia Questions for Contest #3. If you have a list of questions you'd like to post, send them in a PM to Col Hajj, and he'll reply with approval, or comments.

If you by the end of the week you don't have anything to submit, I've got plenty of other original images of planes I can post. I even have a number of colored illustrations of a number of WWI planes I could post in lieu of original pictures.
    Can you email me some of them I'd like to see them. Looks like I have some homework to do

Quote Originally Posted by Potenza View Post
    Can you email me some of them I'd like to see them. Looks like I have some homework to do
    I'll post them in a new Album I'll create in my profile. I think I have about 300+ to upload, all identified on their image. (... It's better to share them, than put them out 10 at a time for the Trivia Contests.)

Nice!
    If only there was a way of delaying the posts so everyone could post without seeing what the others have answered

Quote Originally Posted by Seiseki View Post
    Nice!
    If only there was a way of delaying the posts so everyone could post without seeing what the others have answered
    It might be an idea to pull the answers to let other people do the challenge. To prevent this problem in the future to have the answers pm'd in.

Default Which aircraft is that?

Quote Originally Posted by usmc1855 View Post
    100 % CORRECT !!!!!!

Actually, I think you will find the last aircraft is a Fokker F.1, which was the Dreidekker Dr.1 prototype. There were several differences, but the most obvious were the lack of lower wing skids included on the production DR.1 and the rounded leading edge of the tailplane. Leutnant Werner Voss was killed whilst flying an F.1 on 23/9/17 in his famous action against seven SE5a's of 56 Sqn RFC.

Similar Missions

1. TRIVIA/QUIZ CONTEST
    By usmc1855 in forum Trivia Quizzes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-18-2013, 01:57
  2. What other WWI airplane games have you played?
    By usmc1855 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 11:23
  3. TRIVIA CONTEST #1: RICHTHOFEN
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 05:30
  4. TRIVIA/QUIZ????
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 19:24
  5. Balloon Photos