Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earn a Charity Medal

Default Earn a Charity Medal

I think this might only apply to our US based pilots, but not 100% sure.

Anyone that mails me 25 Box Tops for Education will be awarded a Charity Medal. The Charity Medal is the 3rd highest medal that you can get here on the site.

There is no time limit on this.

So, 25 of these:

You will get one of these:

Wish they had them in Aus. I really want a medal. Might donate when I get some money so I can get a medal.

I'll scratch around the house and see what we have, I'm oblivious to things sometimes so some pointers on which products have them would help. Also I'll need your address.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_14 View Post
    Wish they had them in Aus. I really want a medal. Might donate when I get some money so I can get a medal.
    Have a look at the Medals page, it'll give you some ideas on how you can earn a few.

Quote Originally Posted by STICK View Post
    I'll scratch around the house and see what we have, I'm oblivious to things sometimes so some pointers on which products have them would help. Also I'll need your address.
    They are literately on hundreds of items in the grocery store. You can see a full list here.

I have lots of these at work....will get right on it!

ziplock bags...one on each box & we use alot of these, found 8 without even trying.
    Last edited by Tommy Z; 10-06-2011 at 18:09.

I see these all over the house. Expect something soon Hajj!

I didn't even get home yet and I found 5, Had the box from chewy granola bars in my work desk, it has 5 on it, I know we have LOTS of hamburger helper at home so I'm sure I can scrounge 25 out of what is there. Expect a PM for address soon

Hmmmm, we save these for my Better's nieces. I wonder if I can sneak some out of the stash?

I'm on it Col.!!! Warm up that medal.

I also think we should have a metal for referrals. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    Great Idea....Recruiting Medal.

Thanks guys, this is a much better response then I expected! If you have more than 25 of them, they will all be appreciated. I just needed a decent cutoff mark to award the medal.

I'll post up address you need to send them to in the next day or two. I have to ask the wife what our new address is going to be! lol

Tom, I'd love to do this but there is no easy way for me to track referrals. I'll see if I can't figure something out though.

Okay guys, finally made it to the new house and have an address were you can send these:

Keith Upton
    7965 Mount Hayden Dr.
    Colorado Springs, CO 80924

Thanks everyone!

Enjoy your new House, Herr Oberst. Have a cold one by the fireplace

It's a pity we cannot contribute to the charity action. No coupons like those here

Keith!

No small children to eat any cereal, but i have found one!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Keith!

No small children to eat any cereal, but i have found one!

Rich
    You found a child? Congratulations!
    (don't let it play with your airplanes)

Brad, bsmith13, was the first pilot to get in 25 Box Tops and earn himself a medal. Congrats to Brad!

Well done Brad!

Thanks guys! This is far better than a Captain Midnight decoder ring - send your box tops in today!

Wow look at the shine on that thing! Congrats Brad!

Nicely Done Brad!....I knew I should have sent mine Next Day Air!

Medals are still up for grabs on this!

Slowly collecting....
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

ditto, very slowly, unfortunately

Same here...we can combined our tokens and give it to the guy who has the least metals.

Tom

Regretfully you won't get a response from the Canadian pilots, I just checked a large box of Ziplock freezer bags and we don't have that coupon on our boxes. (sigh).

Keep working at it guys. This event is going to be on going.

As for our international pilots, thanks for checking to see if you have the boxtops where you live. There is going to be another charity event that you guys can participate in here soon... the annual Toys for Tots drive. I am going to have a special medal made up for that one this year. Stay tuned!

I'm on it but there seems to be a lack of box tops in the pantry so this might take a while.

Same here...we can combined our tokens and give it to the guy who has the least metals.

Tom
    I'll save all my extras for the next time I see you guys.

I have the luck of scanning out damages as part of my job at the grocery store. While none of the cereals we eat have them, I can scavange off the tops from the donated or trashed boxes (currently called shrink in the industry, for those interested).
    Envelope on the way Monday, Keith. I stopped counting at 30. Nice idea; I think I'll try to keep doing this, to donate to the magnet elemantry school by my house. No kids for me, so I can help the local ones.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Great Karl, I know your local school will be thankful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Okay guys, finally made it to the new house and have an address were you can send these:

Keith Upton
    7965 Mount Hayden Dr.

Thanks everyone!
    Got mine and mailing them out

Herr Oberst?
    Does the expiration date matter? (Your example is a bit past date!)
    I also have some that are past due so if that's ok let me know please.
    Sorting now if not but either way you will get at least one set from me.

Voss

No, I do not think it matters.

Just saw this and started looking. Found one so far. Now that I have a list have to buy some of those items as they are common things I use.

Jumped on this and have 4 so far. These are products I use so this is a simple task.

Like Santa I printed the list and checked it twice so will try to be nice. Since I use these things should get the couponds sooner then later.

Default Boxtops

Hry if I can find them any one can. Not only on cereals. Chex mix bag only certain sizes, or even sandwich bag box.

anything general mills, check their site. Come on people its for a good cause.

I went to the commissary today and the wife wanted the Hefty EZFoil trays. WOW they have the BOX TOPS on them so anyone that bakes or uses disposible trays check it out. Also Totinos pizza rolls got a double hit on that one. Only need three more and may get them this weekend when I visit family for Xmas. But will have them this weeks. Happy Holidays all.

Keith!

Is the address good for mailing i have finally collected my box tops!

Rich

Yep,

Keith Upton
    7965 Mount Hayden Dr.

I did know and am working on collecting them; however, it's just my wife and I and it's going to take a very long time. I only have 8 so far

Dwarf I have sent in quite a few. They are not hard to find. If you eat soup try Progresso/biscuits Pilbury/cerial has them its not hard to find them. Just keep trying cause they go to a worthy effort.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Dwarf I have sent in quite a few. They are not hard to find. If you eat soup try Progresso/biscuits Pilbury/cerial has them its not hard to find them. Just keep trying cause they go to a worthy effort.
    My wife recently found out the hard way! She mentioned that she just noticed that some of the storage bag boxes in the pantry had holes cut in them! I replied with mock surprise...really?! I then explained to her I was collecting them for the Aerodrome forum charity effort and I was the one who cut them out! A box of cereal that I like and bought last weekend had one. Unfortunately, we don't buy most of the items that have them from the list.

Yes I have a few boxes (Hamburger Helper) with holes in them. I have learned how to cut them form Pilbury biskits before I use them. I am getting good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Yes I have a few boxes (Hamburger Helper) with holes in them. I have learned how to cut them form Pilbury biskits before I use them. I am getting good at that.
    Well, if money ever becomes tight, you always have a career as a Box Top thief to fall back on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast