Ares Games

Thread: DH4 Help!

Default DH4 Help!

Bought a DH4 yesterday. The card says B/A for the damage. Which gun fires what?

Cheers, Ash

If you look on the model you'll see the forward firing guns are the twin (A) and the observers gun a single (B)

Nice a/c the "Flaming Coffin" - fast and powerful. Almost a true fighter-bomber if only it would climb a bit faster

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_14 View Post
    Bought a DH4 yesterday. The card says B/A for the damage. Which gun fires what?

Cheers, Ash
    I asume that it is the Atkey DH4 to which you allude Ash. If so the forward gun is a B and the Observer's is an A double gun to the rear. The Airco model has A rated guns fore and aft whilst the third plane in the set has B/B. This reflects the diverse uses and stratergies adopted in the use of this very versatile machine.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Okay, two different answers :O It's Atkey's DH.

Okay, two different answers :O It's Atkey's DH.
    It also helps to avoid confusion Ash if you remember also that the first named letter always reffers to the forward gun.
    Rob.

Okay, thanks.

Not adding any additional information, but just affirming Rob's answer that it is a B front gun and an A rear.

Carry on!

2-1 settles it for me.

Bloody hell! I've been flying it backwards! - My round as a penance

Quote Originally Posted by AlgyLacey View Post
    What a pilot! Flying the only DH Pusher in the R.F.C. He deserves a drink. To the bar.
    Kyte.

DH2 - DH4 who's counting?
    LOL

I'm right! then I have been reading the right way, Whew! I was going to jump im but I question it, was I right or did I do it wrong.

Nope I dude it right.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AlgyLacey View Post
    Great reply. Made me laugh. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I asume that it is the Atkey DH4 to which you allude Ash. If so the forward gun is a B and the Observer's is an A double gun to the rear. The Airco model has A rated guns fore and aft whilst the third plane in the set has B/B. This reflects the diverse uses and stratergies adopted in the use of this very versatile machine.
    Rob.
    That would be right; I have the B/B model. Typical, I just went with the one that reminded me of chocolate...

Dave

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rat of Vengence View Post
    That would be right; I have the B/B model. Typical, I just went with the one that reminded me of chocolate...

Dave

Hummm Chocolate with BBs? Dont think that will sell. How abouts one with Nuts?

I've got a similar problem though... The card says B/A but the model's got only one rear gun and two front. Is it a mis-print or is the model a mis-cast (if there's such a word)?

I 'think' they have just done the one model for all three varieties.

Dave

From what I have read I would say B/B is the most common variant for early war with B/A more 1918. At the club we play it with B/B except for the American one which is A/A.

Smile

I have the Atkey DH4 & the Card says B/A but it does have 2 M Guns onthe nose & one only for the Observer. Is this a case of WYSINWYG?

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    I have the Atkey DH4 & the Card says B/A but it does have 2 M Guns onthe nose & one only for the Observer. Is this a case of WYSINWYG?
    Yup. It annoys me no end.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    It would be easier if it was Wysiwyg. But why cast two front guns and a single back. It doesn't match any of the cards for the minis.

It would be easier if it was Wysiwyg. But why cast two front guns and a single back. It doesn't match any of the cards for the minis.
    It could be another assembly mess up like putting the Albatross struts on backwards. Maybe the guns were intended to go the other way round. Who Knows?
    Rob.