Ares Games

Thread: Future WW2 Minatures

Thumbs up Future WW2 Minatures

Whilst we are talking about new miniature I would like to see Nexus finish of the aircraft for the Battle of Britten. To that end I and my colluges would like to see two important aircraft to finish off the aircraft for the the battle, they are:
    Heinkel He111
    Dorner Do 17e

First they would need to publish a bomber expansion with rules and cards for them. Currently we play them with fanmade rules and cards -see files section-.

I would love to see some more aircraft from the Battle of Britain. Both bombers you mentioned would be great! I don't think the Defiant is a plane that I would have to have until about 50 others had been done, especially since it was only in two daylight engagements...

Nachinus, in the 2nd bathch of WW2 plane a Stuka is on the cards, so if it does come out Nexus are going to have to produce some bombing rules for it (so Nexus may as well do rules for all bombers), as what use will a Stuka be other than a target!

The rules for bombing are already out and the special rules for the Stuka dive bombing are already out. The Stuka mini will be out in January (or so says Nexus). Andrea has already said that there will be a WWII bomber set (meaning multi engine aircraft) coming out. It should be the 3rd boxed set if I've gathered my information correctly.

Yes, I have the dive bombers expansion, and there are nice rules to come with them

I was thinking on medium or level bombers as the ones that you mention, for whom the FftS rules aren't really suitable. There are no official rules for multiengined aircraft with more than 2 crew and multiple defensive guns. And ofc there are no decks for this kind of a/c.

Quote Originally Posted by nachinus View Post
    Yes, I have the dive bombers expansion, and there are nice rules to come with them

I was thinking on medium or level bombers as the ones that you mention, for whom the FftS rules aren't really suitable. There are no official rules for multiengined aircraft with more than 2 crew and multiple defensive guns. And ofc there are no decks for this kind of a/c.
    Not yet

Name
    Dent
    Sorties Flown

It's not like multi-engined craft would need many new rules. New deck, for sure, but crew hit could simply knock out a random gunner. Engine damage might need a small tweak (1st restricts you to only slow, second restricts you to slow and regular required stalls or something). Multiple defensive guns wouldnt be too hard, just add the fireing arcs.

I'd like to see a damage counter set for air-to-air rockets... In all the air combat sims I've played, they were my weapon of choice vs bombers...

Dent.

My thoughts as well Dent. For the rockets, I'm sure they would just be D damage chits.

Users Country Flag

Name
    warren
    Sorties Flown

Default too few minis

i love the minis but they release only a few and only 3 paint schemes? y only so few??

Quote Originally Posted by warrenn View Post
    i love the minis but they release only a few and only 3 paint schemes? y only so few??
    Actually 4 paint schemes with Set 1 thanks to the deluxe set

You are right though I too wish they came out a bit more frequently every 6-9 months would be nice.

I think some folks here have been spoiled a bit by companies like Games Workshop!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jared
    Sorties Flown

gamesworkshop spoiled us? i was under the impression they lured you closer with promises of new codexes and minis and then proceeded to beat you to death with price raises. battlefront spoils us, fair prices, good minis and free briefings online!!! GW screws you.

well spoken

LOL, I removed my GW chip many years ago. Battlefront does do a good job though and I can't wait until they do their aerial combat game!

Users Country Flag

Name
    warren
    Sorties Flown

Default battlefront?

is battlefront a company or name of rule publisher ? what aerial game are the coming out with modern future or..?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jared
    Sorties Flown

battlefront is the company that produces flames of war, i dont think they have any air combat in the works, but perhaps one day they might, at the moment flames of war is their focus.

The owner of Battlefront is a friend of my friend (that owns my LGS) and I have worked with him back when his rules were still in the draft phases. I was building the Army Builder files for him back in like 2002.

Anyways, they do have an aerial combat game in the works... or at least in the planning/design phase. It is supposed to be WWII.

I tried to keep the comment short and simple but you all missed my meaning, I meant that because GW release items every month that peoples appetites are constantly fed, there is an expectation now by gamers at large that other companies should be doing the same.
    This game is a bit more like a fine wine, its batches are small and its only released when all the conditions are right.

On all the forum stuff I've read about this game over the last few years I have rarely read an article that moans about a particular element thats gamey or destroys the balance. Where as when companies like GW release something its nearly always the case with what ever they release, Whizkids were worse and then WoTC are well I won't go there....... The difference is that those companies rush stuff out for the mass market dollar and they seem to either not play test or I don't know what. A good example of testing would have to be Steve Jackson Games, the playtesting and market testing of that company was extreme and it seemed to take forever for things to mature there, but the wait was worth it, there was rarely ever anything wrong with the product and the game play was always good, some times there was a slight erata but thats neither here nor there.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jared
    Sorties Flown

i knew you meant that, but after GW screwed me with my IG army (and i sold them for two FOW armies) i will bash their practices when the oppurtunity arises, and i felt like taking a shot at that moment (the door was wide open, i could not resist).

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Future WoW miniature releases
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 13:51
  2. Need Some WW1 & WW2 advice
    By Greywolf in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 06:24
  3. Picked up Mats and Series 1-WW2
    By WilliamBarkerVC in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 10