Ares Games

View Poll Results: Which miniature would you like to have the most?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Wellington

22 15.83%
  • 2. Lancaster

34 24.46%
  • 3. Halifax

11 7.91%
  • 4. Mosquito

72 51.80%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWII: Which Britsh Bomber would you most like to have as a miniature?

Default WWII: Which Britsh Bomber would you most like to have as a miniature?

1. Wellington
    2. Lancaster
    3. Halifax
    4. Mosquito

This was another tough choice for me. My first thought was for the Lancaster of course, but then it was used nearly exclusively as a night bomber. That would really limit it's role in games, so I went with the Wellington instead.

I voted for the Wellington.

thought about the Lancaster but went the Wellington instead..

Cheers
    GW

Mossie every time - you've a capable light bomber/night fighter/ground attack/antishipping torpedo bomber/Photo reconnaisance machine. A real multirole aircraft.

In game I want versatility - I want to be able to play dashing raids, daring dashes to photograph Peenemunde, have a go at operation Valkyrie with the theme from 633 sqn on the stereo at full volume, I want to be able to catch and shoot down V1s, rocket Panzer columns, torpedo enemy destroyers.....

Plodding backwards and forwards to the Ruhr and Berlin isn't going to have the longevity.

D

I voted for the Lancaster, but would like to have a Stirling.

I also went for mosquito's versatility

It was between the Mosquito or the Wellington. Both very nice light bombers and would work well with the game. Just liked the Wellington better.

Tom

Users Country Flag

Name
    David
    Sorties Flown

My vote for the Mosquito.

Dedicated Mossie fan. But it would be nice to have a Lancaster.

Henry

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

I went with the Lancaster.

Users Country Flag

Name
    allen
    Sorties Flown

mosquito

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dennis
    Sorties Flown

Mossie once again, for the same reasons I posted in the other poll where the "Wooden Wonder" appeared as a candidate.

I'd prefer a Bristol Beaufort but the Mosquito will do.

I really like Lancaster - it is too rough and big and it looks really well in night camouflage. A point for Lancester

Lancaster is really high on my list, but I gotta give the edge to the mosquito because I think it's versatility as a light bomber would make it more fun than the heavier Lancaster.

My real answer is...both

I truly dig the Mosquito,but i voted for the lancaster. Its pretty in an ugly way.

I went for the Wellington as yet again it covers the early war period and it was used in daylight!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Stephane
    Sorties Flown

I vote for the Mosquito, due to the versality and the multi-purpose of the plane.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

I don't know, you WWII boys and your fancey flying bombers....I would have liked to vote for the Handley Page 0/400, now theres a real bomber. Wind in your hair ( if you have any ) the smell of grass that has just been cut ( real low flying )......but back to this vote.....The Mosquito has it for me.

Just wait for Flight of the Giants and I think you're going to see that and in the future as a mini as well.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Can't wait to see that out as a painted mini...would what the cost would be ??????

It really depends on if they release them as just miniatures or if they go the route they did with the balloons and release them as a "complete" box set.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

does not matter....I want one...or two..mmm better make that three

Rumpler

I am going for the Halifax. Only because its unsexy and mot many others will vote for it. I always opt for the underdog

I see the Mosquito has taken over..ie @42% as of this post. I guess because of it attack, and fighter and light bomber capabilities.. Makes sense i suppose.
    I use a Lancaster , in my A&A D-Day game, for the British bomber. I like the looks of the plane, but am more inspired or impressed by the crews that flew that bird after watching documentaries on that plane, about how "Bomber Harris" had the Armor plate removed, and the gun crews only had .30 cal guns, instead of 50's , to keep the weight down: so they could carry a bigger bomb load. Crews were so expendable to the bomber staff.

This is why i voted for the Lancaster..
    Last edited by SgtWaka; 02-20-2010 at 21:03. Reason: poor spelling.

Default I like the Wellington and Halifax

These 2 have not been done in 1/144 scale. Lets see the WoW stands for these bombers first!

Mosquito for versatlity and good looks.

The options are somewhat predictable, as are the current results. Given that it is fairly easy to get hold of 1/144 or 1/200 scale Lancs or Mossies, I voted for 'Halifax'. It would be nice to see a Hampden or a Whitley, but that's not likely to happen.
    Last edited by Guntruck; 04-30-2010 at 05:29.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I voted for the mossi, because it is versatile, and an innovation. Also I am mad about plywood.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Gino
    Sorties Flown

Talking about multi-turret big mass bombers, my vote is for the Halifax.

Mosquito is a different category for me.

G.

The Mosquito is a Small fast Bomber used in all War theathers. So i ask for a Mosquito.

I would as stated in an earlier post like to see a Wellingto Bomber as their is a family connection with them. But the Mosquitio is the winner so in that case I would like to see a fighter version, a bomber version and a Canadia night figter intruder version.

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

I went for the Wellington for family reasons but also because it was the best `heavy` in british service during the early part of the war.
    For a light bomber appropriate to the period, how about a Blenheim?

How about a Fairy Battle for France 1939/40

sorry, none of these four are in my wish list.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Voted DH98 Mosquito as it's multi-role functionality and versatility in comparison with the others attracts my vote. Also worth noting is how since this thread was started originally ARES has produced Official WW2 / WGS of the Avro Lancaster and two different variants of it as well.

I have to admit that ever since buying it in May 2015 I have held the Dambuster Edition of the Lancaster as more of a trophy aircraft than a functional one. Compared with Grogs The Shot and the two Boeing B-17 Heavy Bombers I also have which have all since being bought seen action. When I get enough time / space on my hands I will try out the Dams Raid mission which is included with the Avro Lancaster Dambuster special pack ...
    Last edited by Tonx; 07-22-2015 at 15:28. Reason: This is my 700th Posting!

Mosquito.
    Did you know that the Mossie was originally designed as a Bomber but after they produced the first few and found out just how fast it was that they started to look at what else it might be good for. The answer to that was, nearly everything!

Given the choices I'd like to have the WGS304B - Avro Lancaster B Mk. III “Dambuster” I think the history is cool.

I'd also love to have the B-17F “Memphis Belle” and Doolittle's North American B-25 Mitchell

I can't start a new collectible game so, most likely, I won't get to play WII. But these would be awesome to own and look at.

Voted for the Lanc (visited the RAF Museum in Hendon last year, didn't know anything about the Lanc, love at first sight), but the Mossie is handsome (and practical in-game), too.

Mosquito, with an option to do the Highball variant - bouncing bombs vs. battleships, whats not to like?

Mosquito

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

OMG - its a no brainer has to be the Mosquito - I would immediately start buying WW2 planes again if that was available - you have to ask why one of the most iconic planes of all time has not come off the ARES production line thus far... just weird and wrong !!

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    OMG - its a no brainer has to be the Mosquito - I would immediately start buying WW2 planes again if that was available - you have to ask why one of the most iconic planes of all time has not come off the ARES production line thus far... just weird and wrong !!
    Do I sense a 633 Squadron being formed in Doncaster Chris.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Da nan nan nan nan na na.... vroom ! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWXQUhBsUVM

Blimey - blast from the past - looking for the 633 Squadron link I saw this in images - only the first record (back in LP days) I ever actually purchased (this and a Thunderbirds album with some Christmas money when I was about 12)

hqdefault.jpg

There are always the Shapeways models and Aerodrome Accessories have Mosquito bases for sale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 11-20-2019, 16:45
  2. Replies: 116
    Last Post: 09-10-2018, 14:45
  3. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-08-2018, 13:17
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-24-2017, 16:22
  5. Bomber Card Question
    By Kwakelee in forum WGS: Rules Help