Ares Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much would you be willing to pay for a mini ?

Default How much would you be willing to pay for a mini ?

I just "won" the last mini I needed to complete my WW1set (the hard to get Rahn) on ebay for 36USD. Just wondering what is the top price people on this forum would pay/paid for an out of print mini.

I'm curious to know if I should smoke more crack or am I just simply an imbecile.

Last edited by Willi Von Klugermann; 09-18-2011 at 19:24.

You are lucky all I have seen go for 50.00 plus. Have payed 50. for DVII.

I'd probably pay that if it were the final piece in my collection. As it stands right now, I dont have a Dr 1, DVII, DIII simply because I am not willing to shell out the shekels they command! So put me down for about $20.

I think the 15-20 range is reasonable for an out of print mini. It seems that the mint, unopened ones command a higher rate so if you intend to use them either arrange a swap or buy used.

I have paid over $30 for a single mini. So...I would say if it were the last one I needed, I would shell out no more than $40.

£10-£12. I've managed to pick up most of mine for significantly less by shopping around, getting each release as a set, etc. I did that when i bought my series 4 aircraft - the discount for buying as a set (from the US) meant the cost per plane was about £6.

I bought just in time. 8 € for a scout and 10 € for a two seater.

Missed 1 or 2 scout models and a few two-seaters, but wouldn't pay much more then the price above for a single minatur (+shipping cost).

Save my money for the next series.

I went $35 shipped for a D.VII from a fellow 'Dromer and might again for the other two, but outside that my own cap is ~$20.

I would definitely like to keep it under $20 for an official WOW-quality plane.

New product, I'd say not more than $15--I thought this was about bloodhounding out the last of "Generation 1".

Exclamation

The highest I paid was about $42 for a Goring DV11 on Ebay but I wanted that one for my Jasta 18 Raben repaint.
    Usually only about $15 but the normal Retail price here in Australia for the Scouts was $22 Aus before the scramble due to lack of minis.
    Colbatman & I got lucky with a mate of his in Canberra & we picked up some Dr1s & Camels for $15 each. No Rahns or Richtofens though!

&30.00USD

Try to keep purchases on ebay to £10 including postage.
    Just got a Skytrex Fokker DVIII for £2.94 inc postage, just a couple of struts missing but otherwise OK.
    Would pay a bit more for a bomber.

The max I have paid was £22 including postage ( which was from the US ) Normally i run at a max of £12 scout £15 two seater, depending upon 1. do I have it or not, 2. Can I repaint

Paid $ 20 for a F-toy. Cannot see myself paying more for one.

The most I paid was $15.00 U.S. + shipping if memory serves, and I have way, way over 100 and all of the models. But I started collecting WoW about 2 years ago.
    The most I would pay for the new WG's is some where between $15 to $20 U.S.
    If the price was higher, it would probably cure my, I gotta have it problem (Except for bombers).
    Last edited by Ed2; 09-19-2011 at 23:49.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Interesting. The average price people mentioned here for a mini is about $20 -$25 USD based on all figures given. Yet, I see these things going on ebay, as online stores are emptying and 'dromers are not as greedy, going for upwards of $80 US and beyond. Since pretty much only WoW'rs are the only ones interested in the mini's, well, who's buying them at those exhorbitant prices, hmmm?

I'm not sure how many of the listed in the 70+ range are actually being bought. I lost a brumowski bid @40 and was immediately offered a 2nd chance at my last bid price which I declined. It was placed on buy it now" for 50 and probably sold as there was another by the same vendor the next day for 55. This vendor also has a current auction for a Goering ,Udet and Schaffer DVII and a von Richthofen DrI. Prices ranged from mid 20s to mid 30s when I checked last. I'm curious to know wether there will be further inflation with the demise of Nexus for the minis.

I started this year and have paid $35 for the rare ones. I can't see buying a Goring or Kempf in my future at the going price. I might luck out and get a Schafer for $30 with patience. I did manage to get a couple of Bishops, which I'm happy about. I think the original WoW minis will hold their value even if reprinted by WoG.
    Originals always seem to.
    Just my two cents...

I have contemplated many times spending $60 for a DR.I or some other plane in that range. $30 for a certain plane is something I would aim for if I needed it. Only would make the $60 jump if I was desperate.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

The high prices I referred to above was through the late spring and summer and were for the MvR DrI($91), DVII's Goering ($74), Udet ($60ish), & Schafer ($50ish). Since the ARES announcement I've seen these prices drop. For example, today I found an MvR Red DrI (says MIB unopened) for $20 with 3 days left on the auction, we'll see how long that lasts! Also, there are some DrI's and DVII'S with the "Buy it now/Best Offer" option with the prices ranging from $54.99 up through $74.99, depending on type/color scheme. No one appeaes to be bidding as they have been reposted a few times. So, I believe that when ARES starts to produce official mini's, we may see the NEXUS mini's come down in price. Unless some collector runs up prices because NEXUS are the 'original' mini. Time will tell in the long run.

Most, all in fact, of my hard to get planes I purchased from fellow 'dromers for decent/fair prices. Thank you guys, you know who you are!

The ones that I followed on ebay are now in the 35-50 dollar range with 2 days left in the auction. The cheaper ones are with custom paint schemes from Flyboys.

Current prices on the aforementioned auction.

Richthofen 56.00 Udet/Schafer 36.50 Goering 45.00 USD

I'm not so sure prices will drop significantly when WoG products are out. Personally I would like tohave both in my stable.

It will go higher. The Goring should top out around $65, Schafer $45, Richthofen$?.
    The originals will keep their value, stuff like this always does. Especially if the paint job and sculpt is not as good on the re-releases.
    Spring/summer will tell.

This particular auction has only one day left so I will be curious to see if a bidding frenzy ensuses. It wasn't the case when I purchased the Rahn which is supposedly rare on this side of the pond.

On a brighter note I was able to replace my damaged Brumowski for 15USD although it is unclear if it is mint/unopened or new.

Lucky you, I have not been able to track down a Brumowski yet.
    As for bidding, it just takes two to lose their heads moments before the auction ends.
    I remember a friend saying once that he kept bidding $5 more to win and thinking its just $5. What he forgot was that it was 3 of those $5 later that he won the item. The result was he spent $15 over his self imposed cap.
    I'm watching this auction, as well as previous ones by this seller, to get a sense of what people are paying for rare minis.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

I hope nobody minds but I've just unearthed this thread because of something I have noticed over the last month. Almost started a duplicate thread and chose not to ...

Is it me or has the value / price of the Avro Lancaster 'Dambuster' Edition started to climb? I was interested in buying a second for my collection and approached my local stockist who cannot get hold of one. Then I had some luck trying my other local stockist in Nottingham where they remembered me well and one was in stock - £25.00 to me. But I would have found myself paying £30 upwards on E-Bay at the moment (August 2015) so thank goodness I tried my alternative stockist

Just a quick one: Having paid £35.00 for one Messerschmitt Bf.109E-3 in the box I then went and won a second playing snooker! Just one more to go now and I will have all three allowing me to truly unleash the BoB into the WW2 / WGS games I play. Being advised that like the Bader Hawker Hurricane Mk I the Messerschmitt 109s are amongst the most collectable of the Wings of War WW2 I'm happy with £35.00 as a price to pay for one.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

The Dambuster shouldn't be a problem at the moment - the UK distributor has it listed as in stock as of the other day, so I'm not sure why your local stockist had a problem getting it.

kind of a necrothread but still pertinent i think. id go up to $40.00 for an udet d7 myself.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I went $42 for Holtzem's Pfalz DIII last month - and that's about as high as I'd go...I usually keep my limit at $25, but some of the rarer planes are commanding big money.

All the best,
    Matt

At this point, I'm not sure what I'd pay for a Schaffer, but I'd think hard about it.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Yesterday I was talking to a gentleman who sold me a highly collectable Wings of War WW2 / WGS about the value of both WW1 / WGF and WW2 / WGS aircraft. He is selling off his WGS interest to concentrate on WGF full-time as well as taking up Sails and I know him from my FLGS. Little did I know when my WGS playing career began that I'd be handling valuable collector's items on a regular basis and so I'm always uber-careful with other people's aircraft: Always give them a gentle pre-flight check to see how secure the aircraft is attached to the stand etc.

This is not so noticeable within other wargames although presumably after being discontinued the figures for Bolt Action and the like start to increase in value - especially if painted. But not in the same way that some of the Wings of War in both games started off selling at for example GBP £9.99 (price still on aircraft bought yesterday) and are now commanding sale prices in excess of £30.00. I am aware of how some antique or retro boardgames now sell for greatly-inflated prices when boxed and complete but just never noticed in my wargaming experience a similar tendency involving the miniature figures from other games ...

$50 for an out of print Battle of Britain Spitfire. I was thinking of paying that much for an F-Toys special edition Albatross but chickened out. I have a few Albatri but did not have a BoB Spit. There does not seem to be any non-Turkish Eindeckers around either. Anyone spotted any lately?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    $50 for an out of print Battle of Britain Spitfire.
    Gary,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wings-of-w...item3d00df0de6

Not sure if Seller posts worldwide but it may be worth a try. Realistic start price attached to this item. Hope this is of interest

The most I have paid is £32, for a Voss Albatros DIII.
    It was the only plane missing from my collection.

Silly me.

Two weeks later, I got one for £15.
    Then a friend sold me his for £10.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

Silly me.

That's awful! I'll happily take one of the Voss D.IIIs off your hands for £10. Heck, I'll even pay S&H...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

Silly me.

dont feel bad. obviously the loneliness of the 1st was the catalyst for the acquisition of the latter 2

I thought prices were high for WoW/WoG aircraft until I started looking at the Kickstarter figures for Zombicide on Evilbay. The rarest figure goes for over $200, and this is an unpainted plastic figure.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    I thought prices were high for WoW/WoG aircraft until I started looking at the Kickstarter figures for Zombicide on Evilbay. The rarest figure goes for over $200, and this is an unpainted plastic figure.
    Another good reason to stay away from the whole thing; zombies, that is.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Another good reason to stay away from the whole thing; zombies, that is.
    Karl
    +1

Thanks for the heads up on that one Barnaby

Ok my apologies guys but Sails of Glory starter boxed set 129.99 AUD at Games World Adelaide if any would be swabbies need one.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Ok my apologies guys but Sails of Glory starter boxed set 129.99 AUD at Games World Adelaide if any would be swabbies need one.
    That's fine: I'm also aware of where the Sails Starter set is available in the UK priced at GBP £79.99 if Adelaide is too far to travel - Seen at an FLGS local to me in Nottingham: One left for sure if anyone is interested (August 14th 2015.)

Jokes aside loads of people appear to add Sails to their wargaming activities having been Wings of War / Glory fanatics. Similar situation arises in the world of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 / FSX and JustFlight <-> JustTrains.

Though I would like to trial Sails at least once to experience it / honestly be able to say I have played it the Wife and I thinks me will be staying with WW2 / WGS full-time with WW1 / WGF whenever we have the opportunity to play. I used to be a bit of a NO SAILS!!! supporter however from what I am now hearing I'm becoming a little more open-minded towards the game

Might be worth hanging on and seeing if you can get a deal from Stafford games at Doncaster Barney.
    They have the Starter at £63 at the moment. Might be worth contacting them and asking them to bring you a box to Donny.

http://staffordgames.co.uk/index.php...94145f0a132b4e

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Might be worth hanging on and seeing if you can get a deal from Stafford games at Doncaster Barney.
    They have the Starter at £63 at the moment. Might be worth contacting them and asking them to bring you a box to Donny.
    Thank you for this Heads Up Sir. However at the moment I am looking to just play / trial Sails out once ... Maybe twice now whilst having to save such significant sums of money up for my next WW2 / WGS venture: Dive Bombers. The Wife and I have not got one in our midst and with them all being Wings of War I'm expecting this venture to be a pricey one. Also got that final Me Bf.109E to hunt down (Balthazar - I think?) The gentleman whose selling his WW2 / WGS Collection at the moment is unable to help me out in this quest for Junkers Ju-87 Stukas and Aichi Vals.

The deal from Stafford Games still sounds excellent though - just in case my snooker playing friend has not kitted himself out with a Sails starter set I'll tell him about this. I think he may have done by now although he was interested to know what FLGS / Nottingham had in stock: One left.

Some crazy prices on E bay at the moment , a Buy me now 109 for £80. I think not

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Excuse me while I sigh wistfully about the complete set of series 1 and 2 that I sold for a fiver a model three years ago....

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Excuse me while I sigh wistfully about the complete set of series 1 and 2 that I sold for a fiver a model three years ago....
    Three years ago it would have been hard to envisage what the market would be doing currently - how were you to know? Agree though it is a little bit maddening to think back to then when some of these current and crazy E-Bay Buy It Now prices attract our attention ...

Paul: Agree with you totally. Desperate that I am for the Balthazar Edition Messerschmitt Me Bf.109E-3 I am not prepared to pay GBP £60.00 to £80.00 for it! Two months ago when a Galland Edition Me Bf.109E sold in an E-Bay auction for GBP £41.00 that was at the time thought to be some sort of record. Somebody recently had Molders on E-Bay for auction starting at GBP £30.00 - received a bid within a few hours of listing it. Not sure what price that latest one sold for because I didn't watch it: I don't like doing that to other Sellers when I have no intention of bidding as that sort of thing really rattles my cage when I am selling or auctioning items! The auction ended yesterday whereas I picked up Molders the day before for £35.00 which I was very happy to pay for this aircraft type.

Dive Bombers wise Aichi D3 Vals appear to be selling for better prices with Junkers Ju-87 Stukas appearing to be the more pricey / rare of these aircraft types. Have chosen to work on Vals first and then concentrate on Stukas due to the price / rarity situation. With ongoing searches in process for that final Messerschmitt Bf.109E I need as well as the Bader Edition Hawker Hurricane Mk I ...
    Last edited by Tonx; 08-17-2015 at 06:42. Reason: Typo!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast