Ares Games

View Poll Results: Read Thread first! How many bags would you likely order?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • None, thank you.

36 18.75%

50 26.04%

67 34.90%

12 6.25%

14 7.29%

6 3.13%

3 1.56%

0 0%

1 0.52%

1 0.52%

0 0%
  • 10+

2 1.04%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Altitude Pegs again

Users Country Flag

Name
    Adam
    Sorties Flown

Well I`ll buy 3 bags of the blue .... going to need them for my AFC project at the very least

Might by more in the future ... but that will depend on projects

I wouldn't buy any simply because my dad and I don't need any more. We already have over 50 pegs, and with a max of 6 planes on the board at a time and only about 3 pegs per plane, I don't think we'll be needing anymore anytime soon. However, I thinks It's a great idea and you should follow through with it, because new players who don't have that many minis may be in need of some, for the pegs are small and easy to lose.

I also think you should do a side-project selling pegs with thier bottom sticks cut off for your aerodrome accessories flight stands. I would definately purchase a bag of those.

Hunter, once the pegs are made, my bases will start coming with a modified peg included.

That will be a good move Herr Oberst. Is there no end to your ingenuity.Don't answer that! I will keep buying your bases, honest.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Heer Oberst any updates if the pegs are going to be produced?

Still waiting on the prototypes to come in. As long as they pass inspection, they will go into production.

I've had an update. Prototype pegs should be to me around the middle of Oct. You guys might not get any WWI planes for Christmas, but it looks like pegs will be an option!

That is good news Herr Oberst. I will have some money saved up by then. My computer screen died yesterday.
    Rob.

I agree although one would have to explane carefully to loved ones when one asks for pegs for Xmas!
    Last edited by Doug; 09-29-2011 at 03:28. Reason: spelling

Red face Pegs for me!!!

Having purchased a large number of bases and still have bombers bases without pegs to finish them off please put me down for 10 packs this should give me and my friends a good start

regards Kev

Hurrah, I be waiting to order when they come in

I have decided that I would like to buy a pair of pegs with the magnetic ball bearing gimbal mounts already glued on. (ball bearing on one peg, ring on the second peg so I don't have to alter my planes) I would pay for not having to do the mod myself.
    Last edited by greenalfonzo; 09-30-2011 at 19:15.

I'd be in for a bag or two of the blue tinted.

Now that it looks like the bombers are going to use the balloon pegs, I'd definitely be in for a few bags of those for the kits I've been collecting and building ever so slowly should they be available in the future.

From hereon, it might be an idea selling base+pegs for an extra dollar.

Meanwhile, with all of the Shapeways releases, I'll need to change my order from 2 bags of clear to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by mr7q View Post
    I'd be in for a bag or two of the blue tinted.

Now that it looks like the bombers are going to use the balloon pegs, I'd definitely be in for a few bags of those for the kits I've been collecting and building ever so slowly should they be available in the future.
    Larger size - definitely need some blue tint to mount the Gothas and HPs properly
    Last edited by Kahlerclan; 10-02-2011 at 17:45. Reason: Accidental post before comment

Guxx_Fufadoo

I the bought the magnetic ball bearing gimbal mounts. I tried mounting them the way you referred to and I found that it didn't work well as the magnets weren't strong enough to hold the plane at a certain attitude that far from the base of the aircraft, especially for the larger planes. I've found the best way was to cut the mount pin on the plane halfway down and gluing the magnet directly on the pin. Then I glued the bearing on the end of the aircraft peg mount, that way the pivot point is right on the plane itself. That way you are not altering the plane to much and adds more stability when angling the plane. If you want to go back to the planes original configuration, just take an X-Acto blade knife and pop of the magnet off the planes half pin. The altitude peg will still fit over the planes remaining mount pin with no problem. Also note that to cut the pin on a few of the planes is difficult because they are steel pins, I had to use my Dremel Tool with cutting wheel to half those, otherwise small nippers do the trick. No big deal it one has the right tools.

Two bags of clear for me thank you. However, they have to be compatible with the ones I have now.

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Guxx_Fufadoo View Post
    I the bought the magnetic ball bearing gimbal mounts. I tried mounting them the way you referred to and I found that it didn't work well as the magnets weren't strong enough to hold the plane at a certain attitude that far from the base of the aircraft, especially for the larger planes. I've found the best way was to cut the mount pin on the plane halfway down and gluing the magnet directly on the pin. Then I glued the bearing on the end of the aircraft peg mount, that way the pivot point is right on the plane itself. That way you are not altering the plane to much and adds more stability when angling the plane. If you want to go back to the planes original configuration, just take an X-Acto blade knife and pop of the magnet off the planes half pin. The altitude peg will still fit over the planes remaining mount pin with no problem. Also note that to cut the pin on a few of the planes is difficult because they are steel pins, I had to use my Dremel Tool with cutting wheel to half those, otherwise small nippers do the trick. No big deal it one has the right tools.
    Did you try roughening the surface of the ball-bearing with a file?
    I`ve not had any problems of this kind with even some metal Skytrex models since doing this with my bearings.

Guxx_Fufadoo

That had occurred to me, but I haven't tried that yet.

The prototype run for the pegs is going to be attempted this coming weekend from what I've been told. So, although behind schedule, things are happening. Some pics of the mold for you guys:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pmould2.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	25593

Name:	Pmould1.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	25594

Ah! The expensive bit. I'd better start counting how many non official planes I've made.
    Rob.

Great news Herr Oberst! I'm going to be putting in a good order for these as soon as there ready. Especially when I start to hack away at my pegs for the new gimbal mounts

As soon as I have the working prototypes in hand, I'll put them up for pre-order... which I highly recommend people take advantage of. There are not going to be a product that will be quickly re-stocked once they are out. A re-stock will happen, but there is going to be some delays as the sheer quantity that I have to order them in!

Thanks for the heads up Herr Oberst. I will drag myself away from the Officers' Mess and go and count now then.
    Rob.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

I'm in for two blue bags and two bags of clear.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

I guess I misunderstood, I went to the Aerodrome Accessories and I just tried to pre-order the pegs but they are not listed and pre-ordering is not an option. I'm ready whenever you are.

hurrah, ill will eagerly await the opportunity to pre-order the pegs for my shapeways birds

I'm guessing 3 bags two blue and one clear. Maybe more as I will be gluing them together.

Tom

I am now thinking of trying some blue ones for my Sea Planes.
    Rob.

Not yet Tom. I do not want to open up pre-orders until I have the samples in hand and have made sure they are 100% ready to go. Once this happens (should be in about 7-10 days), I'll put them up on the site for pre-orders.

DRAT!!!! I have beeen gone so long I forget what I said I would order... it was either 2 or 3.... I wanna make sure I am good for my word!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Hi,

Gaming's on a bit of a back burner at the moment, but I'll probably go for at least one of each anyway - so I put down 2.

/Niclas

Being that we already have a butt load of pegs from all the minis we've bought, I'd probably not buy any.

The project is still moving forward. Just working out the production and quality control kinks right now. A little eye candy for everyone:

Name:	pegs1.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	29383

Name:	pegs2.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	29382

Name:	pegs3.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	29381

They certainly look very impressive Herr Oberst. I can't wait to get my hands on them.
    Rob.

Default Well done that Man!!!

Well Done that man please please when can we buy some, my bomber bases are standing ready to go and just need those to finish them off.
    With those available I can now look to buying more fighter stands

Regards Kev

They look great. Transferring money over to PayPal to get ready for pre-order.

Tom

They look spot on, cannot have to many pegs. I am one of those people who must have pegs for each of my planes and considering I have quite a few non Nexus WW2 planes I want pegs for them also as well as spares.

there's probably some handy SF uses for the sprues, or even the pegs still on the sprues. The whole assembly looks like some kind of spindly starship with a ring of engines.

They are looking good. Thank you for all your hard work so far.

Hip Rah, they look the bussiness Herr oberst, am perched ready to order as soon as they come available

Totally awesome! Love 'em! Sign me up for a bunch when they come out!

There are still some production issues. About half the pegs come out perfect, but the other half are not fitting correctly. More parts or replacement parts are needed for the mold. I hope to have more detailed info on the issues later this week.

It's going to be a little longer, but as you can see, they are shaping up!

When can I pre order - Me wants to pre order!

Whoa! What's all this red stuff?
    Aha, there's this Christmas-theme going on it seems...

Users Country Flag

Name
    ERIN
    Sorties Flown

Having every model currently in distrabution, plus many spares, I currently have several hundred pegs, so I am good with the clear pegs.

Thanks for the effort you are putting into this for the community.

Aw, well, I am just anxious to get a couple bags of each (clear and blue). So when can we get em?

I think it is going to be after the first of the year Just make sure to keep some funds set aside for these when you are buying all of those new minis that should be hitting the store around the same time. Once these are sold out, it might be a year before another run is produced.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Well, I'm ready to stock up! Give a shout when I can order/pre-order.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast