Ares Games

View Poll Results: Read Thread first! How many bags would you likely order?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • None, thank you.

36 18.75%

50 26.04%

67 34.90%

12 6.25%

14 7.29%

6 3.13%

3 1.56%

0 0%

1 0.52%

1 0.52%

0 0%
  • 10+

2 1.04%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Altitude Pegs again

Default Altitude Pegs again

Please Read Before Voting!

Okay guys, this is getting much, much, closer to becoming a reality.

The pricing I have been able to workout at this point will be a bag of 25 pegs for $9.95.

I would like to have your honest input on this final poll. Please vote for the total number of bags (clear and blue tinted)you would most likely purchase in your initial order of pegs.

Feel free to comment in this thread, but please take the time to actually vote on the poll as it allows me to get accurate numbers. This poll could very well decide if I go ahead with this project.

One with 25 pegs will be enough for start. Thank you for your initiative Herr Oberst.

Crud, I think I skewed your results. I hit 10+ instead of 1 bag! Guess I get to be mess officer for the month.

At that price the clear ones are not worth it at all. I would like a pack of blue though so just one probably.

The price just hurts so bad.

Couldn't we get the manufacturer in China to run some off........

Being one who hopes to make a number of models from cardstock, my supply of clear pegs from purchased models will be inadequate, so I would most likely pick up three bags of clear pegs to cover me.

Doug
    Last edited by georgerutherfor; 09-01-2011 at 07:18. Reason: Forget to stress I'd be looking for clear pegs.

I seem to have far more pegs than I need having bought a fair number of WOW planes in the past.

I would start with one of each and will probably pick up more Blue if they are compatible with the WOW pegs.

James

At that price, two bags of tinted blue at the most.

Three bags of clear for me, with a further two a month later (payday)
    Will this curtail the thicker ones for balloon and bombers ?

Budget requirements hold me back, but while I can fake the bases for f-toys and dogfight conversions, I need the pegs. So will have to stretch out the order over the next year. Two of each to start with, then repeat that about every three months for a year. That would pretty much take care of it for me.

Default Bags of pegs....

I would definately buy one bag of pegs.

well, hopefully the response is good enough to make a go of it. At the moment, I think I can swing a bag, more possibly after seeing how they work out. My preference is clear, but the blue would work just as well, I'm not picky

I would like to say that I know the price is a little more then what we had hoped for, but this is seriously the best I could do and I'm already going to have to order at least 10,000 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by somaliavet View Post
    Crud, I think I skewed your results. I hit 10+ instead of 1 bag! Guess I get to be mess officer for the month.
    No worries, I was able to adjust it.

Oh, I assumed that you were working for the best deal possible, I hadn't guessed that it would require quite that many pegs though. Again, hopefully we can get the numbers to match up.

Alas none for me. At the last count I had something like 400 already.

Yes, even at those quantities, my initial out lay is in the thousands

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Alas none for me. At the last count I had something like 400 already.
    Oberst, have you thought to check here for supplies

I would get two bags.. not sure if clear or blue if that is an option... I also want moer gimble mounts so that is why I want them.. plus maybe some of the new altitude bases.. I like that they leave room for the original base to be seen clearly.. nice job that..

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Yes, even at those quantities, my initial out lay is in the thousands

I'll up my initial order to four bags of tinted blue.
    If you decide to go for it, when do you think they would be ready for sale?

Wepamyepi

If this comes through, count me in for two bags of clear... and this may go higher if the other WoW players I know'd be interested.

Two bags should do me for now, plus some other bits and bobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Burt View Post
    I seem to have far more pegs than I need having bought a fair number of WOW planes in the past.
    I'm with Burt on this one, but if a bag of only blue pegs were available I would order one.

Both blue and clear would be made and sold in separate bags (each of 25). I expect prototypes in about 2-3 weeks with the production run parts showing up 2-3 weeks after that. So, between a month and 2 months (I would think the latter being more accurate with the way any project goes).

Gray Wolf

Sorry, but I've got more than I need now. Hope it works out for you!
    Gray Wolf

Thumbs up

2 Bags of Clear for me thanks!

kutnmufn

Default Kutnmufn

I would buy at least one bag of the blue

Users Country Flag

Name
    Steve
    Sorties Flown

I don't have every plane but do nhave 1 of each. So i think 1 bag of clear for me! Thanks!! Okie

2 x bags of blue and 1 bag of clear as an initial order. Then there will probably be a follow up when other WoW players realise they can be bought. $10 a bag is not so bad when you consider the only other option is to buy a plane you don't really want for the base and 4 pegs at $20 - $25 bucks!

4 bags - 2 of each type, Herr Oberst.

Might order more later as well.

I would go for 2 clear & 2 blue to supplement the clear ones I already have from the minis.

Looking at the poll thats just over 4000 pegs "ordered", are we looking viable herr Oberst ?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Rob
    Sorties Flown

Dohh... Posted this in the wrong thread, so reposting it here.

I voted for two sets because a couple of us who play the game have been talking about going to the magnetic mounts, but we don't want to do it right now because we don't want to use the limited supply of pegs we have for our planes. One bag of clear pegs for each of us would allow us each to make 10 sets of magnetic mounts (with a few pegs left over just in case). So, in this case, you'd sell two bags of clear pegs and two sets of magnetic gimbal mounts as well.

Guxx_Fufadoo

Can't see needing anymore than 2 bags.

At the risk of seeming dense, what's the appeal of blue tinted pegs?

Are we talkng solid color or a tinted clear?

I believe clear blue tint, some people would like it for visual appeal or mixed with clear, it might make it easier to see how high a plane is.

Quote Originally Posted by Burt View Post
    The same here. Owning 50+ minis I have at least 50*4 = 200 pegs. Why should I need more

Well, some folks don't want to borrow pegs from other planes for their non-Nexus planes, or might like to have the blue peg option. *shrug* matter of personal taste, I suppose. Also, I'm sure there are a few 'I need to replace a broken peg' folks. Personally, 1 bag maybe 2 would suit me for the moment, but if I start purchasing Shapeways then I'll want pegs & stands from here.

I hear good reasons for needing extra pegs.

Add to it replace missing pegs. And a blue tint might help you find it on the floor easier. We have a white floor at our gamestore.

I would go for 2 then, and blue if possible. And yea, now I can feel better about experimenting with the gimball mounts.

Guxx_Fufadoo

When would these pegs be ordered and available?

Here Obest after speaking to my son's about the possible availability of replacement pegs I will need more. 3 x bags of blue and 3 x bags of clear, so can you change my vote from 3 to 6. (This also may increase once I have spoken to members of our club next week).
    Last edited by Doug; 09-03-2011 at 21:24. Reason: pressedd wrong keys

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamus View Post
    4 bags - 2 of each type, Herr Oberst.

Might order more later as well.
    Definite Ditto, Herr Oberst!

greenlight1107

Default Altitude Pegs

I think this would be awesome this is one thing that is greatly needed and I'm all for it. Thanks for looking out for us.

Guxx_Fufadoo

I said 2 before, I would like one clear & one blue. I already messed up a couple of pegs mounting the magnetic bearings.

Don't mean to open up another can of worms but, I hope the blue tinted pegs are a very light sky blue. Kind of like this background.

May I remind potential U.K. buyers that if the sales value is over £18 they may be liable for customs duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    May I remind potential U.K. buyers that if the sales value is over £18 they may be liable for customs duty.
    Indeed it is often better to send the order in two lots and stand the extra postage than pay duty and handling charges. I got stung badly that way with an order earlier this year.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Indeed it is often better to send the order in two lots and stand the extra postage than pay duty and handling charges. I got stung badly that way with an order earlier this year.
    Rob.
    I agree. Actually, the Royal Mail handling charges are worse than the customs duty.

How close are we to an order?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast