Ares Games

View Poll Results: Which DR.I paint scheme for the shirts?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frommherz

41 71.93%
  • Kirschstein

16 28.07%

Thread: Pick the Dr.I profile for the first T-shirt!

Default Pick the Dr.I profile for the first T-shirt!

It's apparent from the other poll that the Dr.I will be one of the first planes to make it onto a shirt. I've narrowed it down to these two based on how they will print up and look in black and white. Now it's time for you guys to pick which one of the following paint schemes will be on the shirt.

Frommherz

Kirschstein

Frommherz - I do not like stripes only on the part of plane.

For me its Kirschstein - while I would agree on Frommherz having "nicer" paint, then on a T-shirt, Kirschstein's stripes will end better (taking details & whole plane "out" of the picture)

I went with Frommherz, because in black and white it is better on the eye.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hard choise both would look good. I hope you will make some of the shirts in tent size because I am fat.

Like them both but gone with frommherz ,again think it would look best ,and again xxxl please.

Kirschstein for me, for it's dynamic & sporty look
    I have made some T-shirts with printed pictures of crates on my own already (Albatros Bohning for my buddy and Brumowski for myself) - like below:
    Name:  2011-07-28_20.11.26.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  33.0 KB

Brilliant Andrzej!

I voted for Frommherz as well. The contrasts would be more pleasing to the eye on a t-shirt.

That T shirt looks great Andrzej.
    Rob.

My avatar sais it all

I picked Kirschstein; how could I not after I did a repaint of him. But honestly I think if you're gonna make a shirt for a Wings of War site, you should use a paint job from an existing miniature. I guess if we're lucky that won't be a concern in a few months...

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Frommherz!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Kirschstein for me, for it's dynamic & sporty look
    I have made some T-shirts with printed pictures of crates on my own already (Albatros Bohning for my buddy and Brumowski for myself) - like below:
    Name:  2011-07-28_20.11.26.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  33.0 KB
    Wow - nice! Are you selling those someplace?

I hope not... he is using copyrighted artwork

I agree with Pseudotheist

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I hope not... he is using copyrighted artwork
    Of course I do not sell them (they are just 1 copy each for personal use). But I didn't find any copyright mark on the pictures

I know you only made one for your self and your friend, my post was more for greenalfonzo. It looks like you made your shirt with the iron on transfers? Oh, and just as a note, artwork does not have to display the copyright mark on it to be copyrighted. Per international law, artwork is copyrighted the moment it is created by the artist In the case of Wings of War artwork, it gets even more complex with the current state of Nexus.

All that said, everyone should try and keep this thread on topic... including my self

I have enough t-shirts, where are the mini's???????????

looks like Frommherz in the lead.. too bad.. I prefer the other ... so.. one less sale.. I hope those who voted for it .. buy one.. lol.. I'd have bought two of the Kirschstein... ah well..

Can't please everyone!

As an update, the DR.I artwork is on it's way to me... should have an image up for you guys to drool over here soon.

too true Keith.. I may end up getting one any way.. just cause it would be cool.. but I hope those that are voting swamp you with orders too.. lol.. I'd hate to have all these votes against my choice and no orders for them when they get in..

I received the artwork for the DR.I this weekend, it is very nice! Have a look!

That is superb Keith. Can't wait to see what the Allied one is like. I may even have to buy both!
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Gino
    Sorties Flown

Both,

but if I, by force, should choose: Kirschstein.

Bye.

G.

Now that is cool cannot wait to see what the Camel looks like!

The shirts will most likely be done in "runs". Meaning that I'll do the DR.I first and sometime later do the next one. That should make it were you guys can pick up more than just the one with out breaking the bank.

That looks fantastic! Will they be available under the Aerodrome Accessories tab, or somewhere else on the site?

They will be on the AA site under a new Apparel tab.