View Poll Results: Which THREE planes would you like to see offered as T-Shirts

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sopwith Camel

    51 48.57%
  • Fokker DR.I

    54 51.43%
  • Fokker D.VII

    29 27.62%
  • S.E. 5a

    37 35.24%
  • SPAD XIII

    31 29.52%
  • Albatros D.Va

    35 33.33%
  • Pfalz D.III

    10 9.52%
  • Nieuport 17

    15 14.29%
  • Sopwith Triplane

    18 17.14%
  • Fokker Eindecker E.III

    15 14.29%
  • Vickers FB.5

    6 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 43 of 43

Thread: T-Shirt Poll - What planes?

  1. #1

    Default T-Shirt Poll - What planes?

    READ BEFORE VOTING!!

    Many of you have expressed interest in some Wings of War related T-Shirts. I have sourced two artist to work on these for us. What I would like for you guys to do is vote on the three planes you would most like to see as T-Shirts.

    The artwork is not going to be in color (costs to much and getting the correct colors for most of the WWI planes would be near impossible). Below is a sample of a Camel done up by one of the artists (our very own Gray Wolf in fact).



    Depending on what color shirts I end up offering (thinking black, white, navy blue and maybe an off white or bone color), the artwork would be screen printed in either black (on lighter color shirts) or white (on the darker ones).

  2. #2

    Default

    Update, just because I am only asking for you to pick three, that does not mean I will not produce more then that. I just need a clear starting point. If the sales of the first shirt are good, then there will be a second... and so on.

  3. #3

    Default

    A zepp or bomber choice (Gotha) would be my preference, too bad they were not listed.

  4. #4

    Default

    They might be an option down the road, but more popular planes will have to come first to get this project off the ground.

  5. #5

    Default

    I would vote for the Pfalz D.III, altough it is not as famos as the Fokker Dr.I but it´s (in my opinion) the the most beautiful plane in the game.

    Matthias

  6. #6

    Default

    I went for the obvious, plus a Nieuport for Albert. Shirt colour any colour so long as it's blue.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  7. #7

    Cruthers's Avatar
    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Geoff
    Location
    Ashford, UK
    Sorties Flown
    81
    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default

    Have you considered axis and ally logo T shirts? Maybe some slogans too? "Dhuga dhuga dhuga!" springs to mind.

  8. #8

    Default

    Planes: Camel, Fokker Dr.I and Albatros. I like "old style" Camel nad Dr.I and love clear lines of Albatros.
    Colours: Navy blue, light blue, dark grey and red.

  9. #9

    Default

    I'd go for the Camel, Albatros and a Nieuport. Don't forget the French! Camel is one of the most known British planes I think, the Albatros was one of the most important German planes, and the Nieuport (in some guise) was used by everyone at some point, almost by The Central Powers too. And all three are visually pleasing too!

  10. #10

    Default

    I picked all jerry planes. Sorry granddad .

  11. #11

    Default

    Any plane any colour, but I voted Dvii , DVa and Nieuport

  12. #12

    Default

    Camel, Albatros, Spad, as symbols of the
    most significant powers of the GW (I would vote for SE 5 as an American one if we could pick 4)

  13. #13

    Alexandre's Avatar
    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Alexandre
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Sorties Flown
    37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default

    O Dr. I é muito legal mesmo mas é o avião que mais aparece da 1°Guerra Mundial. Faz com um avião diferente.

  14. #14

    Default

    Wow, the Albatros has really picked up speed from the early voting!

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    I'd go for the Camel, Albatros and a Nieuport. Don't forget the French! Camel is one of the most known British planes I think, the Albatros was one of the most important German planes, and the Nieuport (in some guise) was used by everyone at some point, almost by The Central Powers too. And all three are visually pleasing too!
    I couldn't agree more As far as the shirts colours go: (navy) blue, grey, black and white or red.

  16. #16

    Default The three that I'd like to see if it were up to meeeee......

    S.E. 5a because of Bishop (yes I am Canadian)

    Sopwith Triplane because it was the first Tripe

    and last but not least the Vickers FB.5 " Gun bus" because it was the world's first operational fighter aircraft.



    No matter which aircraft are first chosen they have to have "Wings of War" on them as a great conversation starter for new perspective players to ask you about the game...

    Just my thoughts....
    Shane

  17. #17

    Default

    Planes: Fokker DR.I S.E. 5a and SPAD XIII.
    Colours: Navy blue and red.

  18. #18

    Default

    I voted.

    My real preference would have been for a nice piece of WWI aviation art. Something like one of Mark Miller's images. It captures the color and excitement of the era and game much better, and would lead to "nonbelievers" checking out the logo online much more often.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguy001 View Post
    No matter which aircraft are first chosen they have to have "Wings of War" on them as a great conversation starter for new perspective players to ask you about the game...
    I agree! Would it be possible to have our squadron or flight (here on the 'drome) on them as well?

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Ross View Post
    I agree! Would it be possible to have our squadron or flight (here on the 'drome) on them as well?
    It could, but the shirts with the Squadron/flight logos on them would cost about an additional $25-$30 each. I separate screen would have to be made for the logo, a separate run would have to be made, and each logo is in multiple colors. So, due to the costs involved, this option will not be offered. Sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    I voted.

    My real preference would have been for a nice piece of WWI aviation art. Something like one of Mark Miller's images. It captures the color and excitement of the era and game much better, and would lead to "nonbelievers" checking out the logo online much more often.
    I'd love to have something like Mark Millers work, but once again, cost is just to much of an issue. I full expect to sell less then 100 of each shirt over the course of a year. At that low volume, anything full color would cost so much no one would buy the shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguy001 View Post

    No matter which aircraft are first chosen they have to have "Wings of War" on them as a great conversation starter for new perspective players to ask you about the game...

    Just my thoughts....
    Shane
    Due to copyright issues, putting Wings of War on them is not an option either. Before Nexus went under, I was in negotiations with them to do just this thing, but we all know where that went.

  21. #21

    Default

    Nexus no longer owns rights. Andrea does. You should ask him. 100 shirts or whatever probably won't cut into his own WOW t-shirt sales much. He might even know enough of business to understand free publicity, like letting fan sites use copyrighted logos on their websites.
    Last edited by greenalfonzo; 08-18-2011 at 21:05.

  22. #22

    Default

    I would not ask Andrea or the future company to use the name with out a license agreement. Regardless if he personally would be fine with me putting the Wings of War on the shirts, he has to protect the use of the name. Once a copyrighted name is allowed to be used for free, it become very hard to protected later on.

  23. #23

    Default

    So are the shirts going to say anything at all about this site or game at all?

    If you are concerned about cost number produced, color, etc., why don't you just upload your images to cafepress or zazzle and let people choose their own? Then people could get mugs, aprons, hats, bags, or whatever with the images besides shirts Much less of an upfront outlay, and you could do more with color as well without spending more in production.

  24. #24

    Default

    I've done Cafepress before and not been overly impressed with some of their stuff. Besides, I think I can offer better quality at a better price then what they have. The front of the shirts will have either a logo for this site or the Aerodrome Accessories logo on the front. Wording on the back for the type of plane it is still being discussed.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I've done Cafepress before and not been overly impressed with some of their stuff. Besides, I think I can offer better quality at a better price then what they have. The front of the shirts will have either a logo for this site or the Aerodrome Accessories logo on the front. Wording on the back for the type of plane it is still being discussed.
    Having wasted funds on purchases from Cafepress, I would be really be surprised if a kindergarden class could not produce better quality than what they sell.

    I would not purchase from Cafepress unless it was free, with free delivery and cash from them thrown in.

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wargamer View Post
    Having wasted funds on purchases from Cafepress, I would be really be surprised if a kindergarden class could not produce better quality than what they sell.

    I would not purchase from Cafepress unless it was free, with free delivery and cash from them thrown in.
    Not overly impressed with Cafepress then gentlemen.
    One thing I would like to see is the Wings Aerodrome name on the shirts to let everyone know what we are all about.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  27. #27

    Default

    Ah well. I am not a t-shirt guy, but might have gone in on a mug or golf visor or something. Then again, without some mention of the game itself, I doubt I would bother with anything.

    But good luck with the shirts anyway!

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Ah well. I am not a t-shirt guy, but might have gone in on a mug or golf visor or something. Then again, without some mention of the game itself, I doubt I would bother with anything.

    But good luck with the shirts anyway!
    Mugs would be better IMHO

  29. #29

    Default

    I'd like to se mote blueprint style drawings. Top, side underneath.
    P95 of the osprey aircraft of the aces Albatross aces of WW1 is a fine example. Or something like this:
    http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...tros_d3_3v.jpg

  30. #30

    Default

    They are all good but I would have to go with the with the Vicker's Gun bus I think it has more of a WW1 look or the Focker Eindecker.

  31. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madboyo View Post
    I'd like to se mote blueprint style drawings. Top, side underneath.
    P95 of the osprey aircraft of the aces Albatross aces of WW1 is a fine example. Or something like this:
    http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...tros_d3_3v.jpg
    Very nice idea that!

    I voted Camel, Dr1 and Eindecker.
    For me, the Eindecker, as the first real "fighter" in history is too iconic not to be in the list.

    As for colour, I don't care, as long as the shirts come in XXL...


  32. #32

    Default

    Looks like it's a race for third
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  33. #33

    Default

    Okay, time to pick which DR.I for the shirts guys.

  34. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Okay, time to pick which DR.I for the shirts guys.
    OK, NOT Manfred. Voss would be my choice.

    I would also like to suggest putting the Aerodrome logo on the sleeve. I find something subtle preferable to an in-your-face logo splattered on the back; trying to avoid what Nexis did to the game mats IMHO.

  35. #35


    Users Country Flag


    Blog Entries
    3
    Name
    Robin
    Location
    Devon
    Sorties Flown
    14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default

    Hi Chaps. The three I voted for are Sopwith Camel,Spad X111. & the Albatros. All Well known planes.with a typical ww1. look. Most planes of that era had a certain appeal. I Would not mind what aircraft was emblazoned on my oil stained chest. Maybe not a Yellow shirt,this could lead to adverse comment With reference to streak on the back etc; Hope the T-Shirts sell well, a lot of effort go into this type of project. Well done to the Co. robin43

  36. #36


    Users Country Flag


    Blog Entries
    3
    Name
    Robin
    Location
    Devon
    Sorties Flown
    14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Okay, time to pick which DR.I for the shirts guys.

  37. #37

    Question

    How about Udets Black & White striped one with the Red LO!

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  38. #38

    Default

    I have two t shirts already purchased through Hexcell games that I love. They are US baseball style with longer arms and very comfortable. One has the Red DR1 and the other a nice green Bristol Fighter.

    From your list I would go for the Sopwith Triplane and the DR1 and the FB5. I think the DR1 is a sort of holy icon, the Sopwith Triplane would be for contrast and interest, the FB5 is probably the most WWI looking plane of the lot.

  39. #39

    Default

    Had to go with the S.e5a,pfalz DIII and the Eindecker,love the Se5a and the pfalz is beautiful while the Eindecker started it all,in my opinion.

  40. #40

    Default

    Is this shirt still happening Herr Oberst ?

  41. #41

    Default

    Yep, just had a ton of stuff going on and it got put off. Sometimes I've just got to much stuff going on!

  42. #42

    Default

    What sizes are you planning on?

  43. #43

    Default

    Whatever size you need! lol
    Last edited by Oberst Hajj; 05-10-2012 at 17:14.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •