Ares Games

Thread: U.K. Suppliers.

Default U.K. Suppliers.

David(Naharaht ) has suggested that we start a list of U.K. suppliers for WoW. If the Oberst gives the go ahead you can post them here.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Orc`s Nest

6 Earlham Street
    City of London WC2H 9RY
    020 7379 4254
    (Leicester Square tube station)
    (Charing Cross British Rail )

I second that Lee - as I also use them for my D&D and board game purchases (one of the perks to being asked to work in London for a few months by my boss is that I now have easy access to the shop - although my bank manager might not agree)

There are two shops in Norwich, which sell 'Wings of War' materials:

The Games Room, 29a, Elm Hill, Norwich, Norfolk. NR3 1HG Tel. 01603 628140 www.facebook.com/TheGamesRoom

Langleys Toys, 12-14 Royal Arcade, City Centre, Norwich NR2 1NQ Tel. 01603 621959 www.langleystoys.com

Langleys carry more stock but The Games Room prices tend to be lower and the owner is very friendly.

Blimey, is the Games Room still going? I haven't been there for donkeys years. Handy to know - I've got a week up there in September.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Yes, Steve, The Games Room is still open but Duncan runs it alone now following his father's death a few years ago.

A large model/gaming store in Cardiff that does 10% off and free postage:

Firestorm Games
    8A Trade Street
    Penarth Road
    Cardiff
    United Kingdom
    CF10 5DT

Telephone: 02920 227117
    Web: www.firestormgames.co.uk

(and if you're visiting there, let me know and we'll have a game! )

thesignaller

Is there any near Warrington, Cheshire?

Still need a few series 1 to finish them off my series 1 collection.

Thanks

gb030104

Dom's Decals has some WWI stock - including bombers. Plus the added advantage of extra decals

Leisure Games
    100 Ballards Lane
    Finchley
    London N3 2DN

5 minutes walk from Finchley Central tube

Got the Gothas and Capronis, and still had a Hurricane, Spits and Stukas in a couple of weeks ago (at least until I got there)

You gentlemen are very nice. I usually buy some things in the UK, even if the pound is pounding on the Euro, since sometimes is still cheaper than to buy in other countries that, being closer to Portugal and sharing the currency, one would assume that with would be cheaper. It is not.

So this information is also nice for me, even being I in Portugal.

Thanks.

Mickowenuk's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Mick
    Sorties Flown

Dave Ryan at Caliver Books usually has quite a good stock, and often discounted, especially at shows. Good online presence and rapid delivery.

Charlie at Northumbria Games stocks WoG stuff:

by email: enquiries@northumbriagames.co.uk

by phone: 07783 723 163

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Marquee Models at Harlow.
    Unit 71, The Harvey Centre, Harlow.
    01279 423334

Marquee were at Salute and recently supplied me with all the Wings of Glory types. Changing stock so ring them first to check.

I Know this is not a U.K. supplier but thought for the U.K. members it was an appropriate place to store the info.
    Rob.

James writes:-

Ordering Directly from Valom

After my large Valom 1/144 WWI order fell through I decided to contact the company directly to see if they could recommend any preferred retailer or distributor here in Japan.

The response I got was outstanding to say the least as he informed me that I could order directly through the company and pay via paypal.

So for those interested you can contact Vįclav Lomitzki directly through the contacts on the company website.

http://www.valom.net/index_en.html

Thanks, Rob.
    This is an excellent piece of information.

Fox has come up with these addresses for gimble magnets large enough for the bombers.
    Rob.

This is what he said.
    I got magnets from another ebay shop, Guy's Magnets based in the UK.

I was able to use quite a flat 10mm x 2mm ring magnet for Capronis.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131248810939

This wasn't enough to support the Gothas, so I upgraded to 12mm x 5mm countersunk magnet, which interacts more strongly with the ball.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141104512392

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kev
    Sorties Flown

If only there was a store in Liverpool to buy from

How many of you buy miniatures in-store? As someone who has to buy from online sources it'd be interesting to see just how popular physically going to the shops is.

I buy all mine online or at the wargame shows I go to as there are no shops in Lincolnshire

I live on the outskirts of Bristol, plus work in Guildford neither of which have a local store selling WGF or WGS, at least not that
    I have found.
    I get all my official models either at shows or on line

I also have no local source, and buy on line or at shows from Stafford Games, who give anyone in Wings of Glory shirts 10% discount. My shirt has now paid for itself several times over.
    Rob.

Lost all the local game shops now, none ever stocked WoW, I once saw Famous Aces (before the minis came) in a toy shop - have always had to shop on-line and at shows.

I haven't found any locally either.

I buy online, mostly from IGUK and Gamesquest, who I have found to be prompt, accurate about their stock and competitively priced.

I buy online, from Dom's Decals and from Keith at Aerodrome Accessories, but by far the majority I bought on ebay.

Used to be all E-Bay but get most of mine from the shows. Although Travelling Man in Leeds and York often has planes in.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Trevor
    Sorties Flown

I now get all my aircraft from a shop called Gameslore that is only around ten miles up the road from where i live. I haven't found any place cheaper in the Uk with an average price of £9.99 for single seaters . Also wing commander Kyte if you read this thread are you still looking for Dewotines as Gameslore had at least one of each retailing at around £8.00+ p+p . And to anyone else i think they still have copies of the wings of war cards the ones with spitfires and the one with messersmitts ,can't remember the names as of a few weeks ago one set of each if anyone is interested they don't show up on their web page i found them when furckling through their wings of war box

I know Baron Rolf shops at Gameslore. I tend to have a bit from Keith, and IGUK.

IGUK recently sent me an incorrect item, and that's a one off for them.
    Dealt with it very promptly, ans instantly refunded me the return postage.

The way I see it, these mishaps happen to everyone. It's how it's dealt with that really counts.
    Customer service was A*.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Trevor
    Sorties Flown

Why i like gameslore is not only because of the price and saving on postage but also i can go at a time when the wife is out and then slip them back in when SWMBO is not around and she's non the wiser , no explaining the packages arriving through post and why i NEED more aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by TALLY HO View Post
    Why i like gameslore is not only because of the price and saving on postage but also i can go at a time when the wife is out and then slip them back in when SWMBO is not around and she's non the wiser , no explaining the packages arriving through post and why i NEED more aircraft.
    Smooth moves! I do get cross examined on all packages. She hasn't added any taxes as yet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HTRAINo View Post
    IGUK recently sent me an incorrect item, and that's a one off for them.
    Dealt with it very promptly, ans instantly refunded me the return postage.

The way I see it, these mishaps happen to everyone. It's how it's dealt with that really counts.
    Customer service was A*.
    I could not agree more.

Gamesquest sent me the WGS rather than WGF plane; somewhere along the line something had got miscatalogued.
    They were enthusiastically appologetic, and did their best to sort it out as quickly as possible.
    One can't really ask for more.

Quote Originally Posted by TALLY HO View Post
    Snap Trevor, I live closer now to Games Lore LTD which is great news for me, but not for my wallet though. They're a online retailer but if you're local they allow you to pop across to pick up what goodies that you require, but you have to contact them first, it's a warehouse full of temptation lad's

Quote Originally Posted by hawkhurst View Post
    I buy all mine online or at the wargame shows I go to as there are no shops in Lincolnshire
    Theres a new shop called Battle Bunker opened in Lincoln, and although it's mostly Warhammer, 40k etc he is stocking Flames of War and might be open to suggestions for stocking or obtaining Wings of Glory too if there is enough demand perhaps?

War and Piece, Ashington, has just opened. Run by Grumpy1. He's in the process of stocking Ares stuff once he can get an order in.

warandpiece.co.uk
    See you on the Dark Side......

I've just ordered my first WoG stuff. The starter ww2 box from http://www.gamesquest.co.uk/

Free postage over £50 and they've responded to an email I sent them the same day. The rules and Accessories set with the normal 4 starter planes was £46 which seemed fair. Of course, I'd have mad to pay postage so I had to buy another plane.....

Firstly welcome to the Drome Wingman.
    You made a good decision with the WW2 Starter set as it gives a few different type and speed aircraft to experiment with.
    Which other aircraft did you choose?
    See you in the Officers' mess later for a few beers and a chat.
    fly safe.
    Rob.

Another succumbed to the dark side, welcome to the madness, the 'Drome and many happy hours of flying.
    See you on the Dark Side......

I went for a Messerschmitt Bf.110 C-4 because it was quite different to what was in the starter.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Experience with Glory stockists in the UK Midlands prompts me to make the following recommendations. Other than buying and accessories from AA of course who are excellent through and through:

Gameslore - an excellent expert stockist who sells WGF and WGS material on E-Bay. Located in Telford I would certainly recommend them to a friend. Order Accuracy - 16 orders placed, zero mistakes.

Caliver Books - located in Nottingham. Another expert stockist who always has a comprehensive range of in stock. Very pleasant to deal with. Visited very busy trade stand at Hammerhead 2015.

Galactic Models - located in Derby. To start stocking Wings of Glory material in 2015. Current situation is although not an 'official stockist' GM can obtain Ares Games items to order. EXCELLENT shop and my local Glory outlet.

Interesting Barney.Galactic Models sounds good. Will you let me know when he starts stocking regularly, as he may be nearer or at least easier to get to than Caliver, unless we are doing an IKEA run at the time.
    Rob.

I just noticed that Spirit Games of Burton on Trent are not on here.
    They are FLGS, mail order and are on the web also
    .....and they give BAD Wargamers 10% discount

Rich

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Interesting Barney.Galactic Models sounds good. Will you let me know when he starts stocking regularly, as he may be nearer or at least easier to get to than Caliver, unless we are doing an IKEA run at the time.
    Rob.
    Will do so - It's the same Galactic Models as in Galactic Models Gaming Night on Wednesdays where as you know the Wife and I play WGS. Unless Simon (Maverick) is with us too in which case we play both WGF and WGS ... So the game is currently getting plenty of exposure at this location.

Also forgot to mention Spirit Games in Burton-upon-Trent who are a major Ares Games stockist. But I have not bought anything from them yet even though they have been recommended to me.

DieLaughin

The travelling Man stores in Leeds and Newcastle are good stockists, the York store tends to sell out quickly as they only order in small quantities.

Thanks for your information Die. It may well be useful to members.
    I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome you formally to the Drome.
    Rob.

I just thought I'd add to this list for the Midlands, these chaps always have a good range in stock and its a chance for a browse around a nice shop.

http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/results...h=wings&menu=2

Based in Burton on Trent and there is a car park opposite.

Users Country Flag

Name
    chris
    Sorties Flown

excellent service and prices from these lads http://www.hellfiregamingindustries....lory-c121#t160

uk postage is around £3

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Leisure Games
    100 Ballards Lane
    Finchley
    London N3 2DN

5 minutes walk from Finchley Central tube

Got the Gothas and Capronis, and still had a Hurricane, Spits and Stukas in a couple of weeks ago (at least until I got there)
    Just a item to note the staff will hold anything you want (without a deposit) for up to a week+