Ares Games
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Wings of War — Wallpapers

I have a Mac computer and I'm trying to download a picture and make it my wallpaper. I'm new to the Mac world, so can anyone talk me through what I need to do to get this done?

Quote Originally Posted by Goering Ace View Post
    I have a Mac computer and I'm trying to download a picture and make it my wallpaper. I'm new to the Mac world, so can anyone talk me through what I need to do to get this done?
    The one of Albert Ball that rOEN did especially for me is going to a friend of mine who frames pictures for a living. It will be on my workshop wall for Christmas.
    Rob.

Great picture as usual.

rOEN, I salute you

Richard

Thanks guys

I want to see a picture when you place it to the wall Rob :P

Scott,To the Devianart site there is a download button to the right of the screen, download the picture from there and add it as a desktop wallpaper,

Wow! These are just amazing. Glad that I can set up a slideshow for my desktop so that I can keep on admiring the whole set!

I really admire your talent!

Quote Originally Posted by rOEN911 View Post
    Thanks guys

I want to see a picture when you place it to the wall Rob
    Wilco rOEN.
    Rob.

The snowy one has a great feel to it. Thanks for posting these.

I love that I've dragged myself out of the trenches to find this thread still up and running

As promised rOEN here is the framed picture which arrived yesterday now hanging in pride of place in my hallway.
    Excuse the angle of the photograph but it was the only angle that precluded reflections on the glass.

Name:  DSC_2954.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  67.1 KB

Rob.

Very sharp indeed! What was the final size after framing? Did Roen send you a ultra high resolution version, or did you print it from one of those he has on DeviantArt / online?

Fantastic results either way

Quote Originally Posted by Lugburz View Post
    Very sharp indeed! What was the final size after framing? Did Roen send you a ultra high resolution version, or did you print it from one of those he has on DeviantArt / online?

Fantastic results either way
    The framed version is 46"x 24" and yes he sent me the ultra high res version on the super paper. The guy in the framing shop was very impressed by it, especially when I explained that it was done specially to order of Albert Ball in his Nieuport.
    Rob.

Very nice indeed. I'm sure it does the hallway proud.
    Makes me wish for mor wallspace in my house.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Very nice indeed. I'm sure it does the hallway proud.
    Makes me wish for mor wallspace in my house.
    Karl
    It was the only wall in the house big enough to place it on with a decent space around it Karl.
    It was really intended for the Den until I saw it framed.
    Rob.

Top notched to both of you... it looks great!

Thanks for the activity on this thread! I set my desktop to cycle through them. Awesome!

Those images are really awesome!!I know the point is not videos but in this link has one of the game Rise of Flight.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8lTT3BayFnk

Enjoy

Nick

Looking Very good Rob i like the colors of the frame awesome

Guys from my devianart page 90% of my images are uploaded to the original size so...Just download them and do the frames by your self to a local store...Ofc feel free to ask if i got bigger resolution...Or if i have the original psd files so i can resize it for you !
    My favour resolution is 4797x2200 and the size of etc image is about 5mbt ....I have done for a local airshow one of my pictures to banner 3 meters one and the quality was great !

Btw Nick have one of my videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-TCTDHO7Nw

Guys from my devianart page 90% of my images are uploaded to the original size so...Just download them and do the frames by your self to a local store...Ofc feel free to ask if i got bigger resolution...Or if i have the original psd files so i can resize it for you !
    My favour resolution is 4797x2200 and the size of etc image is about 5mbt ....I have done for a local airshow one of my pictures to banner 3 meters one and the quality was great !
    Roen, I just have to tell you again: marvelous work!

Good video rOEN! This video is awesome isn't it?Your video is awesome too.
    What's the computer you use to play this fantastic game?
    Thanks!!

Nick
    Last edited by Nick_ace; 12-20-2012 at 20:18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-TCTDHO7Nw
    Thanks once again rOen for producing the picture for me. It looks even better in real life than the photo, which does not capture all the sublty of colours.
    My picture framer is very good at getting the colours and size of frame to blend with the work. My good Lady gets a lot of her embroidery framed by him.
    What is even better is that his workshop is in the village, so no great distance to go. Also he is an Ex pupil of mine from many years ago, so discounts are good.
    Rob.

No worries i am glad you like it

No worries i am glad you like it :)
    Remind me to call you when I get _Lincoln's Falcons_ finished -- I need a good book-cover. :)

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Remind me to call you when I get _Lincoln's Falcons_ finished -- I need a good book-cover.
    Civil War air action??
    karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Civil War air action??
    The airplane is invented in 1850; development at the time ACW kicks off is about where development was historically ca. 1914, with some notable differences (I'm modeling the inventor off Santos-Dumont, so we don't get the massive court battles which bogged US airplane development in reality). The fun part has been trying to design an effective machine gun when the only repeating-fire weapons of the period were the hand-cranked Gatling, or the Spencer and Henry repeaters. (One irony: It's only been relatively recently that General Aviation has been looking into "alternative fuels" to power GenAv birds; given the paucity of oil, and thus gasoline, in the 1850s, my characters haven't had a choice.... :) )

Any Time Csadn

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_ace View Post
    Good video rOEN! This video is awesome isn't it?Your video is awesome too.
    What's the computer you use to play this fantastic game?
    Thanks!!

Nick
    http://roen911.deviantart.com/art/My...t&ga_changes=1

:P Not only this game,Since i start learning 3D i transform it to a beast because i want to do really fast renders

:P Not only this game,Since i start learning 3D i transform it to a beast because i want to do really fast renders
    Seriously nice video; I like your gaming setup too. If I ever found the time to indulge in RoF, I'd need to get something like it too.
    BTW: by "renders" are you talking about rendering, or some Warhammer Beastie? Something like RoF with dragons would be really cool.
    Karl

Thank you,No by renders i mean 3D renders of scenes including 3D objects and models..If you aware of 3D programs when you want to make a nice render some times probably the render times can take up to one day,I will give you an example this A-10 i made http://roen911.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5oz8dv with my previous pc setup to get results like this you need to render it for about 8 hours,with my new setup i need less than two !I have done one more tank that needs editing to photoshop and took me with my new setup 13 hours :P

Depends what you want and how much are you willing to pay,for example only the Nvidia Quadron 4000 Graphic card i got costs 900 euros only the card...Like i said choose what you want to do with your pc.Since i know my self i had really good pc since Win95 till now :P

Any Time Csadn

WOW nice computer!!!!I want one!

WOW Nice computer!!!!I want one!

Nick

Has anyone heard about Nicolas Trudgian??He do incredible paints, like rOEN.
    Here is the link:http://www.nicolastrudgian.com

Name:  Nicolas Trudgian MOTEN.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  33.8 KB

I am not doing this kind of art ,he is god of aviation art ,i am not even close !

Btw i got three of his arts at my house,one of them is the PEIPER'S LAST ADVANCE that is on the first page

Ever so often I go through all of this thread, it is great just to look at your art rOEN911 I take great pleasure frome it every picture is a master peice.

Just set one up as a background. Very cool thread

Well many of you Asked for WW1 scene...so here it is

Original : http://roen911.deviantart.com/art/Fokker2-395358276

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Superb images! Thank you for sharing.

Wayhey! More here too!

Another great work mate

Dave

Nice, keep them coming!

Cheers,

Have another one .I Did this picture for the new dvd of rise of flight,

hope you like it

Original here http://roen911.deviantart.com/art/Sk...iors-409009500

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Very nice work!

Superb as usual.
    Now that's a Camel they should bring out.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

New DVD for Rise of Flight?

Coolpicture. But this isn`t Kissenberg? He never got shot down in his Fokker D.VII "Optische Tไuschung"

Very nice, even if the Fokker is taking it on the chin

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Cheers guys

Kaiser is for the box version of Steam,I have done few more !About the Fokker D.VII colors ,is the default color but i dont remember squadron

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    New DVD for Rise of Flight?

Coolpicture. But this isn`t Kissenberg? He never got shot down in his Fokker D.VII "Optische Tไuschung"
    No that Fokker only has the B & W striped nose!
    Cant think which No. it is off the top of my head but there is a film clip of their aircraft that shows up in History Channel shows regularly.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567