Ares Games
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wings of War — Wallpapers

All very fine work.. I use many of yours as backgrounds for my Droid X.. I get many compliments and then I get to talk about thus great artist on deviant art.. haha.. I really like the new balloon one though... I have been wanting to paint that black and white striped DVII for some time now.. might have to see if I can find a dollhouse. Teddybear for it though lol.. very cool bit of historic information and I loved that you used it in the piece.

Quote Originally Posted by rOEN911 View Post
    Something quick ....

Download here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4foo1i
    Just dashed off then rOEN. I only wish that I could "dash off" something as good as that. In fact I wish I could do something as good as that if I took a long time over it.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks a lot guys,
    Rob, this is my first painted landscape and i am very happy about it... looking good but i spend more than 10 hours making it.Placing the planes and add speed about an hour ...so its not something quick after all
    Ps : Dont say that you cant do it,I started photoshop almost a year ago.... at the beginning i had no idea even how to open the photoshop....You just need practise,i am very lucky that i have the knowledge how to add
    weathering and making something look real ...because i used to make a lot of plastic models for national competitions.Since i bought my new plane the only thing that i really enjoy doing is flying and making pictures....

Have another one...

Download here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4fvhkb

Godwin Brumowski (26 July 1889 – 3 June 1936) was the most successful fighter ace of the Austro-Hungarian Air Force during World War I. He was officially credited with 35 air victories, (including 12 shared with other pilots) with 8 others unconfirmed because they fell behind Allied lines. Just before the war ended, Brumowski rose to command of all his country’s fighter aviation fighting Italy on the Isonzo front.

Hope you like this one
    Last edited by rOEN911; 11-11-2011 at 19:49.

This one is superb! You are getting really good at your backgrounds!!

It says the file has not been added yet when I click on your link

Another superb picture rOEN. It seems that your choice of subject keeps coinciding with what I am building at the time. Having just completed my italian Wing for the present, I'm now on the Austro Hungarian aircraft ane just finished Frank Linke-Crawford who was in the same Flik as Brumowski.
    Thanks again.
    Rob.

Another great picture!

Thanks a lot guys,Great support.

I am on fire.....great ideas.Have another one.

Lanoe George Hawker VC, DSO (30 December 1890 – 23 November 1916) was a British flying ace, with seven credited victories, during the First World War. He was the first British flying ace, and the third pilot to receive the Victoria Cross, the highest and most prestigious award for gallantry in the face of the enemy that can be awarded to British and Commonwealth forces. He was killed in a dog fight with the legendary German ace Manfred von Richthofen ("The Red Baron").

Download Here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4fy59p

Good grief rOEN. You are really on a roll now. You are producing these faster than I can do a model one. Incredible work .
    Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 11-12-2011 at 23:17.

another fantastic piece of work

Great!

I would like to see a drawing of the famous duel between Udet and Guynemer. Guynemer passing Udet, whos' guns are jammed, and waving to him just before flying away.

Thanks guys,
    Last edited by rOEN911; 11-12-2011 at 16:33.

Feel free to use any of these images.
    I have an Album titled Rise of Flight Pictures. Click here: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=927 You should be able to view and download these from there.

Name:  Bristol F2B.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  138.4 KBName:  Night Bomber 1.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  51.2 KBName:  Albatros DIII View 2.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  84.5 KBName:  SE5a View 3.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  144.3 KBName:  Albatros DIII.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  184.7 KBName:  Bristol F2b View 2.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  142.7 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 4.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  199.9 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 1.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  108.1 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 5.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  166.2 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 2.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  160.1 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 3.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  151.7 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 9.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  190.6 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 6.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  162.8 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 10.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  180.7 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 7.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  186.8 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 8.jpg
Size:  180.7 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 14.jpg
Size:  55.9 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 11.jpg
Size:  172.4 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 15.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  56.1 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 12.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  120.7 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 13.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  45.4 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 16.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  53.9 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 17.jpg
Size:  92.2 KBName:  Jasta 11 Feb 1917 View 18.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  111.6 KB

Hi usmc1855 ,

Thanks for your help but see how ROF looks to my pc and you will understand why i dont need them

And here is how it looks with the modified Alpha Channel.I have modified all the Alpha Channels with out wires so its easily for me to Edit them.

Anyway my problem is the good ideas....some times takes me hours to find something good to make...

Related question; is Rise of Flight worth paying into? I haven't had a decent flight sim for years. Do you play others online, or is there single player missions? Ignore if this is sidetracking the thread too much

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Rat of Vengence View Post
    Related question; is Rise of Flight worth paying into? I haven't had a decent flight sim for years. Do you play others online, or is there single player missions? Ignore if this is sidetracking the thread too much

Dave
    PM sent to you.

I really like this one .... hope you like it

Download Here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4g2ra6

Indeed we do.
    Rob.

Great pictures! Please keep them coming!!

Great then

Have another one...

Download Here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4g5yqv

"Not only the machine above me is better, but the man sitting in it can do more than I." Ernst Udet, describing an encounter with Guynemer in May 1917.......

Very nice
    But at this altitude (ca 10m guessing from the roofs in the background) i don't think that anyone canpullout to avoid crashing to death

Great work in simple terms I like all your pictures

This one looks nice, but I have to agree that the trees and houses don't match with the placement of the aircraft. Also, Guynemer did not actually shoot down Udet. After a prolonged dogfight, Udet's guns jammed and he thought he was going to be shot down. Instead, Guynemer flew over Udet (inverted) and waved to him before flying home.

Hi guys and thanks,
    Never said that Guynemer shoot down Udet,these are Ubets Words for Guynemer to his report book.About the Background i think its ok... Give a closer look and you will see that the plane fly almost level with the ground and minimum downward .Anyway looks nice

Something that i am making now..

Ps : The firsts picture angle is a little bit different because i took a new one after and delete the original..

rOEN911, i just wanted to point out this thread: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...mpaign-WoW-AAR ... specifically the pictures in Post #14, where you will notice that I desperately "Borrowed" two of your images in order to make up some last minute reward certificates for the Willouhby Event, for Karl. Without your images I would have been "up a creek without a paddle" so I give you my utmost thanks! If you require compensation for the use of those images then please contact me via PM so we can work something out. Thanks so much!

Ken
    Attached Images   
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

They turned out great Ken!

Dave

Hi ken ,

If you share them for free i dont care mate,You have got a nice company there and enjoy what you do so feel free to use them for such purposes

progress...

I am Back with a small update to a new project...I think has the most "Real" look than any project so far.

Thumbs up

Those last 2 are just Fantastic rOEN. You feel like you are really there in the Air!

Can't wait to see the finished version of that last one!

Very good as usual rOEN. Do I detect a smattering of Mr. McCudden in the cockpit of that SE?
    Rob.

Last edited by rOEN911; 11-19-2011 at 13:38.

Superb rOEN. Please will you give us the backstory to it, as you usually do.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Superb rOEN. Please will you give us the backstory to it, as you usually do.
    Rob.
    December 6 15:00H Close to Fontaine James Thomas Byford "Mac" McCudden scored his 26th kill an Albatros D.V probably from jasta 18.

Quote Originally Posted by rOEN911 View Post
    December 6 15:00H Close to Fontaine James Thomas Byford "Mac" McCudden scored his 26th kill an Albatros D.V probably from jasta 18.
    Thanks rOEN.
    Rob.

Thanks again rOEN. My Albert Ball picture arrived today, and it is even better in the flesh as it were. The size is so impressive. Now to get it framed.
    Rob.

Great work, Sir.
    If you ever go back to World War 2, a Dornier 335 would be a great subject, IMHO
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Best one yet mate. I love the textures you have on the SE5a. The whole piece has a feel of a snapshot of a moment.

Dave

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast