Ares Games
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wings of War — Wallpapers

Thanks Guys ....I am back
    For my new composite i used to 90% almost my new design tablet and i am very happy that i finally get used to.
    I use for first time here the Breguet 14.B2...the most difficult plane that i ever edit so far.
    Hope you like it.

Download Here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4djd2t
    More aviation art here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thank you!!

Yet another excellent piece of work. You certainly have a great gift there. It's not just the artwork that makes it so good, it's also the composition.
    Thanks for allowing us to share this.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Impressive pictures. Besides their's artistic value, a set of them could be used for an educational purpose in a history class for the youth. They make imagination work better.

Nice, and good timing as I'm working on a senerio for November this weekend involving bomber formations.
    I do like your artwork, and appreciate you showing us.
    Thanks Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thanks a lot Fellas for your kind words!

I am on fire
    Back again to "Historical" Composite Pictures and here is the serious injury of Manfred von Richthofen.I think after the "Close to Defeat" picture http://roen911.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4djd2t this is my very best so far.Hope you like it

The story :

Manfred von Richthofen "The Red Baron"

-Wounded-
    The history in his medical file is very similar, noting that he did not lose consciousness in the plane. "His arms fell down, legs moved to the front of the plane. The flying apparatus fell towards the ground. At the same time he had a feeling of total blindness and the engine sound was heard as if from a great distance. After regaining his senses and control over his limbs, he estimated that the time of paralysis lasted for only a minute. He descended to an altitude of 50 m to find an appropriate landing spot until he felt that he could no longer fly the aircraft. Afterwards he could not remember where he had landed. He left the plane and collapsed." His memory of his transportation to the hospital was blurred. Upon arrival von Richthofen immediately told his physician that he had only been able to retain control of the aircraft because he had had the firm conviction that otherwise he would have been a dead man.

The initial diagnosis on reaching hospital was "machinegun (projectile) ricocheting from head". The stay in hospital was uneventful after surgery to ascertain that the bullet had not entered the brain.

Download Here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4dnmhy
    More aviation art here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/gallery/

A very atmospheric picture.
    Rob.

The full-sized painting is very impressive with the details. Nice
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thanks a lot

Another very nice piece of work! I think the lighting (or something) might just be a little off on the medic. He seems to stand out a little to much... maybe he is too light overall?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Another very nice piece of work! I think the lighting (or something) might just be a little off on the medic. He seems to stand out a little to much... maybe he is too light overall?
    Thanks....about the light Maybe i dont know..to my pc looks ok.I am not touching finished pictures :P
    I want to saw you something...A small area of my New historical Project and a Spad7...after 6 hours of editing i end up with this..

Ps : with a second though this looks so nice as a picture like it is

I thought the medic looked o.K. but would have placed him a little further into the composition. There we are, i knew getting a job as a critic was easier than being an artist. One artist and a thousand experts.
    The new picture is another masterpiece, with an unusual subject. Very thought provoking.

Rob.

Thanks Rob

Another update

I think you had the angle on the first plane better, and you need to lead the eye back down to the body. Hey I'm getting really good at this stuff, do you think they will give me a job at the National Gallery? Don't answer that one please. They might give me a job sweeping it if I try hard enough.
    Yes! Your incredible work surpasses all expectation.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I think you had the angle on the first plane better, and you need to lead the eye back down to the body. Hey I'm getting really good at this stuff, do you think they will give me a job at the National Gallery? Don't answer that one please. They might give me a job sweeping it if I try hard enough.
    Yes! Your incredible work surpasses all expectation.
    Rob.
    Thanks a lot Rob

about the picture: You not understand this is zoom in to the scene that i am creating A lot of things happens above and near this I posted only what looks finished.

Quote Originally Posted by rOEN911 View Post
    Thanks a lot Rob

about the picture: You not understand this is zoom in to the scene that i am creating A lot of things happens above and near this I posted only what looks finished.
    I am not really an expert rOEN11. Just making a joke at my own expense. I really think your work is fantastic.
    Rob.

I love that "Headache" scene. Great art and a fantastic story to go along with it. Good stuff!

Thanks a a lot Alpine!

I am not really an expert rOEN11. Just making a joke at my own expense. I really think your work is fantastic.
    Rob.
    I did not want to be rude Rob I just notice that its not finished yet My English sucks some times.
    An update

More brilliant work! Since this one is still in the works, might I suggest that the under carriage/land gear look a little to intact. There is a lot of large debris behind the plane that it would have had to roll through to stop there. It almost looks like it was just sat down there as it is now. Maybe even a damaged wing tip where it bounced over, hit the wing tip and then settled back on it's wheels? Just some suggestions, you are the artist by all means!

As for the lighting on the Headache image, I guess what is throwing me off is how much detail you can see in the medics uniform on the shadow side. Compare that with the Baron and even his plane. It also looks like the Baron is sitting in more direct sunlight, where as the medic looks like he is walking in a more shaded area. It may just be my professional photographer's eye over analyzing it too! It's is an amazing work of art!

Finally i can called this finished (to be honest its one of these subjects that never finish) ,Another Historical scene....

Some info:

"................. I kicked over the rudder just
    in time to see the red 'plane passing below. We
    swerved at the same time, and 'round and 'round we
    went, each trying to get on the other's tail ...I kicked over the rudder just
    in time to see the red 'plane passing below. .................My controls ...
    must have gone......."

On that day the Richthofen brothers and their
    comrades dominated the Arras sector and outperformed
    all other Jastas, as well as their adversaries.
    Relatively modest success on Saturday,11 April Evening.
    seven out of nine scored on 6. Armee's front
    - was followed two days later by the best day in Jasta
    11's history. Of the sixteen victories confirmed that
    day for the sector, twelve were credited to Jasta 11
    after fighting that had lasted from morning until
    evening. Rittmeister Manfred von Richthofen led the
    day's scoring with his 41st victory at 0856 hours......
    Lothar von Richthofen ,Werner Voss's followed with the same success...shooting down 2 more enemy planes..

Hope you like it

Download here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/art/qu...quot-265184026

Ps : Hajj i will give a second look to the "Headache" image...
    Last edited by rOEN911; 10-24-2011 at 23:12.

Yes! I love it. Another masterpiece.
    Rob.

Does anyone of you artists care to post a tutorial? That's some impressive artwork. I have a need to salute you, but I can't seem to find the saluting smiley.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Doolittle View Post
    Does anyone of you artists care to post a tutorial? That's some impressive artwork. I have a need to salute you, but I can't seem to find the saluting smiley.
    Go onto advanced, on your reply, then press the [more] and you will come up with them all.
    Rob.

Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 10-25-2011 at 02:52.

Thanks Rob

You mean tutorial how i made this picture ?
    I have in mind to do a video tutorial ,for this reason i always keep all my project files!

Can't wait for it. Congrats

Can't wait for it. Congrats
    Like i promiss but not a video....just a photo tutorial about the process and how i am thinking when i create an aviation-art.

http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4e2npy

Nice tutorial as well! I love the final image.

OK, that's really interesting thanks.
    Karl

Thanks for the insight into your work rOEN911. It was a real eyeopener for someone like me who just potters on paintshop. I've seen my son work on my decals to make them presentable, but to see how you form such a work of art from all the disparate elements is exqusite.
    Thank you for sharing this.
    Rob.

Thanks for showing us how you make your wonderfull pictures...

Thanks a lot guys and glad you liked the tutorial...I will make a video in the future with live editing

Thanks a lot guys and glad you liked the tutorial...I will make a video in the future with live editing
    That will indeed be a treat to savour. I look forward to seeing that with anticipation.
    Rob.

These pictures are really nice! I appreciate you sharing them with us. I enjoy having them on my computer.

As a surgestion ( as I am incapable of producing one myself) could some one come up with calander featuring these pics sold on the Aerodrome Accessories forum?

I dont know why people want to pay for something that its all ready for free..but i will discuss it with Mister Keith.Glad you like everything so far.

Mate, a nicely printed calendar would go rather well I am thinking. Having these wonderful pics for computer wallpaper is good, but a calendar is something I would probably buy. Never knock back more disposable income for more toys!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Rat of Vengence View Post
    Mate, a nicely printed calendar would go rather well I am thinking. Having these wonderful pics for computer wallpaper is good, but a calendar is something I would probably buy. Never knock back more disposable income for more toys!

Dave
    I endorse what Dave sats here. Besides it would be a material way that we could show our appreciation for the work that you do for us.
    Rob.

Indeed, a calendar isn't a bad idea: I buy the "Cross and Cockade" Calendar every year and it is a major money source for that organisation...

Thanks guys for your Support and Kind Words
    Have another one

Download Here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4etgx9
    More here : http://roen911.deviantart.com/gallery/

This one is very nice! You keep raising the bar on these!!

My favourite so far. I've looking for an Albert Ball on the hunt with sky like that for years. All the ones i've ever seen have not had a dramatic enough cloud formation. His last fight with Lothar would look good set against a backdrop like that.
    Superb work as usual thanks.
    Rob.

I'm impressed with how fast you are turning these out along with the quality. Thanks again for sharing your good work.

Love it as usual! You captured the intensity of that situation perfectly IMO.

Thank you all.

My favourite so far. I've looking for an Albert Ball on the hunt with sky like that for years. All the ones i've ever seen have not had a dramatic enough cloud formation. His last fight with Lothar would look good set against a backdrop like that.
    Superb work as usual thanks.
    Rob.
    I accept that as request then you want the Nieuport or the S.E.5.a?

Thank you all.

I accept that as request then you want the Nieuport or the S.E.5.a?
    That's a good one. If his last fight it has to be the SE but all my instinct says Nieuport because that is his Iconic aircraft with its AI insignia.So maybe some earlier engagement would be best.
    Rob.

Thanks grumpybear

Rob the WIP pics of your request like i promise...i am impressed with the results so far.

The heavy modified Neuport 17 so far...

Ok its done...Hope you like it.

Download here http://roen911.deviantart.com/#/d4eysyt
    Last edited by rOEN911; 11-03-2011 at 14:57.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast