Ares Games

Thread: Spad VII Conversion info please.

Default Spad VII Conversion info please.

I am about to try and convert a WoW. Spad into a Spad VII. Can anyone tell me if there are any marked changes that I will have to make, before go to the lengths of poping it in the freezer?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I would say the biggest change you would have to do, is making the plane look like, it only has one of those .303 Vickers machine guns, and it's never fun to work with the pewter part of those small planes. The rest I think are very minor details.

I myself have a plan to make a unit of SPAD VII's at some point, but I'm thinking of using the Skytrex models and just shorten the struts a bit as the top wing seems to be to far removed from the mainbody in the pictures.

Skytrex Model picture right here. It may just be the angle but I think the top wing looks off like that.

Good luck with the job though... would very much like to see pictures of your conversion when your done.

Cheers!

/Jesper

Thanks for the help Attilio and Jesper. I will certainly apraise you of the conversion as it goes down.
    Rob.

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

To be honest, some of the photos on the Skytrex site look a bit `off` somehow.
    Like there is some sort of perspective problem.
    I cant say for sure about their SPAD model but some of the ones I have built have turned out a bit better than the photos suggest.

Rob, I don't have time to look right now, but there was a thread here on the site about this very thing.... I think I even posted comparison profile and plan views of the two.

Lightbulb

Good Morning Mr Kyte, Sir!
    Rob might I suggest a better option than trying to convert the X111 is to buy the
    F-Toys SPAD V11 via Ebay. They make them in both British & French versions & they usually cost around $10 US or less.
    One source who is reliable is Baron Von Plastic.
    Both Colbatman & I have brought them & they are nice little models. Definately smaller than a X111. I have a British 23 Sqd one & I added a Lewis to the top wing as some of the Brit ones did. Cols Gynermer one is quite exquisite & better than the WOW X111

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Rob, I don't have time to look right now, but there was a thread here on the site about this very thing.... I think I even posted comparison profile and plan views of the two.
    Found it thanks Herr Oberst.
    Rob.

Thanks also Barry. I won't do E-bay unless I have no other choice, but it is just the desire to do the conversion that I want to try. thanks for the suggestion anyway.
    Rob.

I'd go FToys too Boss. In fact I did (see photo's in my album)

Quote Originally Posted by AlgyLacey View Post
    I'd go FToys too Boss. In fact I did (see photo's in my album)
    I enjoyed the pictures from your long range recon Algy. I admit that Spad does look good. I seem to have plenty of info to get me started now. Thanks!
    Rob.