Ares Games
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Series one reprint/repaints confirmed! (new pics inside)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick62 View Post
    Possibly because Voss never flew the Dr.I, but a pre-production F.I, which is a (albeit slightly) different aircraft (eg, no wingtip skids). Not that it's stopped the manufacturer calling what appears to be a Gotha G.IV a G.V!
    The F1 also had a distinctive more rounded shape to the tail plane. I think the aileron shape is likely to be slightly different as well. However, if you were bothered by such things I don't think it would be too difficult to modify the model. Whether or not ti's worth it on a 1/144 model is up to you…

Quote Originally Posted by Timmo UK View Post
    I think the aileron shape is likely to be slightly different as well.
    Timmo,
    You're quite right: the F.I and early Dr.I aileron differed slightly from the later production versions which were modified to correct an aileron reaction problem. The most visible effect of this is that the outboard 'overhang' of the later aileron is shorter which reduces the aerodynamic balance.
    BofB

So now its May /June for the WW1 sets, seems Aries learnt nothing from Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    So now its May /June for the WW1 sets, seems Aries learnt nothing from Nexus
    Patience.... A fledgling company needs time to get things in order. I think it's grand that we're getting new stuff. AND that series one is coming back with a few repaints! Relax and save some extra cash so that you can snapp up everything when it comes out! I know I will!

Anyone for a case 'O Fokkers?? lol

I'm pretty stoked by the Luthar paint scheme. It's now possible to set up a scenario similar to Richthofen's last flight. All the rules are in place. The three critical pilots are in place....and we have AAMG rules as well. Could be a fun one just for historical sake of doing it. A what if...of had MvR not noticed his cousin's peril and become so target focused... Perhaps another showdown was inevitable between Brown & the Baron?

looking at the recent pictures:

it doesn't look like they updated the molds for the SPAD XIII.

Disappointing, but maybe they're old prototypes...

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    looking at the recent pictures:

it doesn't look like they updated the molds for the SPAD XIII.

Disappointing, but maybe they're old prototypes...
    But look at those Bombers. Hubba hubba

I'm pretty sure they are the old prototypes Todd. The re-molding is the reason they were not read in Jan as the sign says.

I am just going to be glad to get anything at all. It will save me hours of trawling the net and ordering planes that never turn up because the stock checks are not up to date.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

The boss started this thread on 30th June last year - will Ares beat the thread anniversary ?!
    Perhaps we should have a release date sweepstake !!

Keep yer pecker chaps - the time will fly by.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    The boss started this thread on 30th June last year - will Ares beat the thread anniversary ?!
    Perhaps we should have a release date sweepstake !!

Keep yer pecker chaps - the time will fly by.
    That is so funny. Now that would have been a great contest, pick the date new product would arrive at the stores...

Thomas

Cool kites cannot wait to start adding to my collection perhaps a Gotha or two , anyway good things come to those who wait and we've all be patiently waiting for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    That is so funny. Now that would have been a great contest, pick the date new product would arrive at the stores...

Thomas
    Go on then Tom start a pole for the bombers date, and one for the Re-releases of WW1.
    Rob.

Or, we could do a "football square"...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S1Square.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	35208

Squares would cost US$1 each. All the funds would be held until the release date (actual date determined by our sponsor 12-7 Games). Whoever picks the correct date wins an entire set of the Series 1 reprints.

What do you guys think about that?

Could be a good laugh Herr Oberst an well in the spirit of the period. However, there should be a limit on how many squares you can have, otherwise the Aussies will get the lot!( no racial stereotyping intended Barry)
    Rob.

I would certainly be up for that comp.
    Agree there does need to be a limit and are we talking actual official release date or when they are shipped to distributors etc ?

not too well andd didnt read your answer properly Herr Oberst, you do of course state Date to be determined by sponser,,,, back to the sick bed for me

And what would you want to limit the number too?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    And what would you want to limit the number too?
    Judging by the number of people who usually take a punt at this sort of thing devided by the number of squares I'd limit it to 25 each max. That would cater for 7 big punters and a dozen or so smaller players who take a few, but only you know how many big players there normally are. You may want to adjust that total in light of your superior knowledge.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    How much for a square?
    The Oberst said $1 per square.
    Rob.

10 each would work for me, but I don't mind. Good idea though

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Or, we could do a "football square"...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S1Square.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	35208

Squares would cost US$1 each. All the funds would be held until the release date (actual date determined by our sponsor 12-7 Games). Whoever picks the correct date wins an entire set of the Series 1 reprints.

What do you guys think about that?
    I ,am down with that .

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Could be a good laugh Herr Oberst an well in the spirit of the period. However, there should be a limit on how many squares you can have, otherwise the Aussies will get the lot!( no racial stereotyping intended Barry)
    Rob.
    I could never take offence at any comments you make Rob!
    Anyway I will owe Zoe far too much for my Shapeways stuff to lash out on 'squares"

I also have my Grand Daughters wedding at the end of March & that means Air Fares to Qld, suit hire, presents etc etc etc.

Hate to throw any damper on this but is it legal to gamble. An informal office pool is one thing but international gambling? Might want to check it out before you "sell" any squares.
    Tony
    Maybe a all knowing crystal ball gazing medal.

Hey.. if it's legal I'll take 5 or so... I could use some repaint fodder.. lol

How can we recruit new pilots, if you buy out the complete frist charge of series V models?

Maybe I should ask Ares Games for a general partnership and establish a miniature pipeline from China to Australia.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Looks like the idea caught on (I never thought anyone would go for it) so I'm in !!
    Two questions Herr Oberst:
    IF there is any money left over will it go to Guntrucks fund and/or funding of the site ?
    And... will it roll over to 2013 ? The cynic in me couldn't resist !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Looks like the idea caught on (I never thought anyone would go for it) so I'm in !!
    Two questions Herr Oberst:
    IF there is any money left over will it go to Guntrucks fund and/or funding of the site ?
    And... will it roll over to 2013 ? The cynic in me couldn't resist !
    I must admit I was very tempted too Dave, but I have milked that one too often over the years, so left it to someone else to say. I am actually much more optomistic about this one though. They do seem to be using the same callendar, even if it is the Julian one.

Rob.

I'd maybe suggest that you couldn't buy 2 dates per person per week for the first few weeks.
    Nice idea.

I want in on the contest! I will buy 5 squares! LOL!

I hope for repaints but never know when they could be out since each series is being pushed back. But have to keep an open opinion.

Great to hear things are moving forward though. Sure glad that the shapeways has filled the void... Anyone got the bombers? How are they. I think I am waiting for everything shipped together from the 7 guys...

Quote Originally Posted by calfaber View Post
    Great to hear things are moving forward though. Sure glad that the shapeways has filled the void... Anyone got the bombers? How are they. I think I am waiting for everything shipped together from the 7 guys...
    I have both bomber types, however, so far I managed to only test the Gotha. The Gotha is the best fighter plane in the game. Manouverable for its size and speed given that you have very wide fire arcs, sturdy and deadly with two MG's.

Check this: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...-of-the-Giants

Good news,will have to get MVR's,Lothar's and Udet's DVa for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    I have both bomber types, however, so far I managed to only test the Gotha. The Gotha is the best fighter plane in the game. Manouverable for its size and speed given that you have very wide fire arcs, sturdy and deadly with two MG's.
    Provided of course one's opponent doesn't manage to kill both gunners.... (That's how the fight between The SO with a SPAD VII and Nieuport 17 and me with a Gotha ended: I about-wrecked the SPAD, and nailed the -17 a couple times; but withdrew with both gunners dead. We called it a draw.)

Or pop the pilot on the Gotha... instakill, which is why I preferred the Caproni in our "Bomber Duel" at Enfilade.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post

Check this: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...-of-the-Giants
    Yup, they're tough birds! Trust me I know!

Quote Originally Posted by calfaber View Post
    I got a Gotha, rally nice model, good colour scheme, but how on earth did it get past the design phase with the engine and cabine struts missing?
    This make the model very weak in the centre,for me, to pay Ł25 then have to add basic construction bits has stopped me going further down this particular route.
    But as I said the Gotha schemes are very nice, can't comment on the Caproni.

Looking forward to the re-release of the series 1. I have already repainted a couple of them but this will allow me todo a couple of others.
    I am really wanting the "striped" Dr1 got a couple of repaints in mind there and the Jasta 5 bird to add to my Jasta, the others not too sure about, as I said already repainted the Lothar tripe, the red Spad and both camels that are proposed.
    But let's hope they're not too long in releasing them , lol who am I kidding, maybe by Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Or pop the pilot on the Gotha... instakill, which is why I preferred the Caproni in our "Bomber Duel" at Enfilade.
    I'm not sure that is as easy as it sounds.
    If you play the basic rules is says "Unless the Expanded Crew Damage optional rules are used, crewmen who do not fire machine guns (i.e., crewmen that don’t correspond to a firing arc) cannot be wounded – wounded crewman tokens with their numbers are not used." (Page 6 FOG rulebook.) So you can't kill the pilot.

In the expanded rules on page 10 it says "Pilots are wounded with no effect to their maneuvering abilities the first time that they are hit and are incapacitated the second time that they are hit." So I believe you would have to wound the pilot twice to bring down the plane.

I know this isn't the rules discussion area, but since I had the rulebook handy I thought I would chime in.

Grabbed this snippet from an email posted today by Andrea, "Fonk's SPAD XIII was in Wings of War, Madon's SPAD XIII will be released in a few weeks."

Well it is just a repaint of Series 1so may not take as long as the others. I see that the WWII bombers have been pushed back to Oct. Any planes are a welcome for me. Thanks for the info.

From a Facebook post 6 hours ago by Ares Games, the WW2 bombers have been shipped. The usual lottery of sailing and customs, and then they'll be at the US and European warehouses to start being distributed.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    From a Facebook post 6 hours ago by Ares Games, the WW2 bombers have been shipped. The usual lottery of sailing and customs, and then they'll be at the US and European warehouses to start being distributed.
    Yeah!!!!

Thomas

Andrea that is great news. I wasn't expecting any news like that. Going on vacation Sunday so should have a nice package waiting when I return.

I do not have to put down what I have just done. No. That desire was stronger then me. I have clicked. Yes, I have done that .
    Now my battles over Britain and in the East will look even more meaty. Heinkels. 12-7, do your job as fast as you can, please.
    I'll tell my SWMBO she can afford two new pairs of shoes as well

Got to admit I am looking forward to these, will also be a help in determing stats for other twin engined bombers.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast