Ares Games

Thread: From Max Headrooms Cards

Default From Max Headrooms Cards

I in the past have asked Alan to produce some cards for some of the unofficial planes I have built.
    By looking at the stats of each aircraft and matching them as closely as posible with WOW planes I have come up with the following stats for these aircraft.
    Fokker BI...........K B 12.......C9 R6
    Fokker DII/DIII...C B 13.......C10 R4
    Fokker DV.........D B 13.......C10 R5
    Fokker DVI........C A 15.......C14 R2
    Fokker DVIII.......A A 17......C14 R2
    Maxs Card is R but this is to slow for a 200kph plane A is not right either it does not allow enough agility. I think O Deck
    Sopwith Baby.....C B 15.......C11 R4
    FE 2b................K b/b 14......C11 R5
    Avro 504...........H B/B 15......C11 R5
    ....................or H B 15 Single gun front or rear
    Bristol Scout......G B 13.........C11 R4
    Bristol M1C........G B 13.........C14 R3
    This is to slow for a 200kph Discussion went with B B 14 C13 R3
    AGO C1.............P B 14.........C10 R5
    Viosin 5 Ca........P C 11.........C10 R5
    Farman F40.......XD 18 1 B....C10 R5 Wilst not a bomber the size of the aircraft denotes larger base.
    Short Bomber.....XD 24 1 B
    Caudron G4.......XD 22 2 B/B
    AEG GIV ............XD 24 2 B/B
    I would like to know your thoughts on these.
    Linz
    Last edited by Linz; 06-13-2011 at 17:45.

About the Caudron, do you mean the G.3 or the G.4?

If it's the G.4, I agree with the stats, but would like to state that there's only ONE gunner in the front part of the nacelle manning both front and back guns.
    Therefore, only one arc can fire per mouvement.

Right?

petitbilbo

Yes Yes and Yes again. Its the G4 sorry missed rthat in the post will retify that.
    What ceiling and climb rates do you think they should have?
    Linz

Anybody want to comment on these?
    Or can we add these to the list of unofficial plane stats
    Linz

I would be nice to confirm each of these with a bit of discussion before adding them to the list. The intent of the list is to provide stats that have been confirmed by group consensus. This is certainly a good start, though.

May I assume you mean Fokker DVIII not Fokker DVII? ...because otherwise you are reallly confusing the heck out of my poor Origins-overloaded brain right now....
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Cheers Ken Dyslexic typing finger have corrected it.
    Jon I'm open to disscusion on these should we start at the top and work our way down?
    Linz

Sure, Linz. Go ahead. Perhaps put a few together in a group and open a new thread. Since we already have a baseline, it shouldn't take a whole lot of discussion to get consensus (I hope!).

Linz,

Forgive me if I'm in error... but, isn't their already stats for the Fokker D. VIII (I assume that we are talking about the E. V/D. VIII, aka the "Flying Razor") monoplane? I thought I saw somewhere that it had the same stats as the Fokker Dr. I Triplane (A-A-13). If we are talking about the same plane... It was a relatively light weight plane, but had a mediocre engine, so good climb, but not so fast as many of its competitors. A damage rating of 17 seems a bit high for this plane, compared to 16 for the SPAD XIII and S.E.5a (both known for their strong, durable construction); is their something I don't know about this plane? I thought that the Damage rating of 13, that I have been using was a bit low, but I don't know how to justify anything higher. Can you help me justify to myself (and others, I suppose) something better?

Chris

A Fokker Triplane has stats of D A 13 @ 185kph the DVIII has a speed of 204kph hence A or better still O would be correct.
    I had intended to start discussion on these aircraft in another thread. So will start with this aircraft.
    Linz

The 15 hit for the sopwith baby isn't a too much ?