Ares Games

Thread: Knights of the Air World Wide Campaign fundraiser raffle!

Default Knights of the Air World Wide Campaign fundraiser raffle!

As many of you know I have been working on setting up the Knights of the Air World Wide Campaign for quite some time now. It has always taken back seat to other, more pressing, projects here on the site. Well the time has come to get the ball rolling on this project.

At the heart of this project is an online site (host here on the Aerodrome) that will players to sign in, select their Flight leader and submit game results from the missions played with their local group.

These submissions will be funneled to the Flight Leaders and finally on to me, the Campaign Commander (oh, I sound important!). The results from all of the different gaming groups will be tallied together to determine the overall outcome of that mission. This group outcome will decide if the Attackers advance or fallback on the mission tree.

The site will also track everyone's pilot, his kills and other stats. There will be a results/ranking page as well that will show where every pilot stands compared to everyone around the world.

This is an ambitious project and is going to require many website pages to be coded as well as database integration to be done. This coding is not free, so I have come up with an idea (along with Ed2) on how to raise some of these funds and still give the members something in return besides just the added function here on the site.

Everyone that makes a donation, regardless of the amount will receive the newly created KotA Contribution Medal designed by Max Headroom:

For those of you that like to collect the gongs, this will be the only way to get this new shiny!

Now, I know that a little virtual medal is not really enough, so Ed2 had generously donated a new, unopened Series 3 "Lufbery" Neiuport 17 miniature!

Here is how this will work. I will hold an old fashion raffle for the Lufbery miniature. For every $5 that you donate, you will receive 1 raffle ticket. I have a whole roll of tickets and when I receive a donation, I will PM the member the number on the ticket. All tickets will go into a container and one of my step-daughters will draw the winning ticket. The winner will be contacted via PM for shipping information (shipping covered by me).

Raffle sales will end on May 29the and the drawing will happen on May 30th!

If you have any questions at all, please ask them here!

The purchase of Raffle Tickets has closed.

Hi Keith. I just sent $2o dollars for the Knights of the Air World Wide Campaign Donation but could not find any way of adding to my notes section which did not seem to exist. Hope this helps with the cost of running the above. As I already have a Luffbery or two, just put my tickets back in the pot for somebody else.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks for the donation and the heads up on no Note section... will have to look into it.

Okay, I re-worked the code so it references KotA in the emails. No need for notes now. Also, I will send out the PMs with the raffle numbers during the day time (US) when I'm at home. So please give me at least a day to get your numbers to you!

Great idea Keith, I am looking forward WoW worl wide campaign. You have my full support

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Hey Colonel, if I can do anything else to help let me know. FYI - We're having a WoW tournement through Ivan TT's Vul-Con at our LGS on July 16, 2011. The following Saturday July 23, I've announced the start of KoTA, to follow-up from the interest from Vul-Con. Will this be too late to be in your new KoTA? I have about 5 guys (including myself) confirmed and about the same who've voiced interest locally and 2 possible east valley people voicing interest and I think KiltedWolf and the Tucson boys are coming up for Vul-Con. For KoTA I could have anywhere from 4 people to 10 people to start. Like I said, FYI.

Sounds like you guys have a good showing down there in AZ. The World Wide Campaign will not kick off for some time now. We have to get all the coding finished first. Make sure to keep us updated on your local KotA though!

"That’s the first small step for administrator, one giant leap for Wings of War fans."

lmjarl

Default Donation

Anyway to help - now if I can find some flyers and start a group here in the Winston-Salem area of NC we might be able to do some reporting!

Hi Keith, just added $10.00 to the Knights of the Air World Wide Campaign Donation, and like Rob I have a couple of Luffbery's, so If I win put it back in the pot for someone else.
    Ed

A big thanks to Mr. Ed for the double donation!

I just donated $5. I will have to check my funds but would like to try and donate alittle more down the road. I am looking forward to the KotA World wide campaign and will help out the best that I can.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Sounds like you guys have a good showing down there in AZ. The World Wide Campaign will not kick off for some time now. We have to get all the coding finished first. Make sure to keep us updated on your local KotA though!
    Well, they're coming around more. I'll keep you informed on the progress of our KoTA. This is gonna be great!

Thumbs up

Really looking forward to this Keith & I will sign up our Club players to get involved. Great work mate. You are to be congratulated for all the time you put into making our enjoyment of the hobby even better!

Raffle sales will end on May 29the and the drawing will happen on May 30th!

I've just donated 10 $.. I'm not sure that I'll find a group over here to participate ( so far the enthousiasm is just above freezing point ) but I do like the idea and all the work you put into it.
    If I should win the model I'll gladly put it back in the pot for someone else

( And it IS a very nice medal isn't it ? )

Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

I am excited about this new campaign. The medal does have a certain pinache, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I am excited about this new campaign. The medal does have a certain pinache, doesn't it?
    You only get pin ache if you push it in too far whilst putting the medal on Terry.:eek2:
    Rob.

Question

Gee I thought Pinache was some sort of a Game?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    You only get pin ache if you push it in too far whilst putting the medal on Terry.:eek2:
    Rob.
    That's bad, real bad. I expected more from a man of your station and rank! We all know that Pinache is derived from one of the Three Musketeers, in all actuality there were four, whose nickname was Pinache. He was given this nickname because he acted with much daring and was a snappy dresser and frequented french haberdasheries on a regular basis. His real name was Marcel Les Vosges and he was BFF's with D'Artagnon! A side note both D'Artagnon and Pinache discovered the spring where EVIAN water comes from and began bottling it in 1788. So you see they are still very much involved in our time - Source Hunterpedia.

Now if anyone believes all that...they've been in the mess far too long!!! I have some ocean front property for sale just south of Phoenix!

The window to purchase of tickets has passed. The drawing will happen tomorrow and I'll post the winner tomorrow night. Good luck everyone!

Okay, I had my youngest step daughter draw the ticket this evening, and the winner is........

The Cowman!

Congrats to The Cowman and a very big thank you to everyone that donated to this project. We raised a total of $250 to go towards the custom coding. This will cover a very large portion of it!

Wear your new medals proudly guys, you earned them!

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    Congrats Ken. Yeahaa!!

Tom
    Good for you

Way to go Ken. I believe that is the phrase you chaps use when having a sucessful sortie.
    Kyte.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Congrats Ken!!

Thumbs up

Yee Haa! Congratulations Ken, well done.