As many of you know I have been working on setting up the Knights of the Air World Wide Campaign for quite some time now. It has always taken back seat to other, more pressing, projects here on the site. Well the time has come to get the ball rolling on this project.

At the heart of this project is an online site (host here on the Aerodrome) that will players to sign in, select their Flight leader and submit game results from the missions played with their local group.

These submissions will be funneled to the Flight Leaders and finally on to me, the Campaign Commander (oh, I sound important!). The results from all of the different gaming groups will be tallied together to determine the overall outcome of that mission. This group outcome will decide if the Attackers advance or fallback on the mission tree.

The site will also track everyone's pilot, his kills and other stats. There will be a results/ranking page as well that will show where every pilot stands compared to everyone around the world.

This is an ambitious project and is going to require many website pages to be coded as well as database integration to be done. This coding is not free, so I have come up with an idea (along with Ed2) on how to raise some of these funds and still give the members something in return besides just the added function here on the site.

Everyone that makes a donation, regardless of the amount will receive the newly created KotA Contribution Medal designed by Max Headroom:

For those of you that like to collect the gongs, this will be the only way to get this new shiny!

Now, I know that a little virtual medal is not really enough, so Ed2 had generously donated a new, unopened Series 3 "Lufbery" Neiuport 17 miniature!

Here is how this will work. I will hold an old fashion raffle for the Lufbery miniature. For every $5 that you donate, you will receive 1 raffle ticket. I have a whole roll of tickets and when I receive a donation, I will PM the member the number on the ticket. All tickets will go into a container and one of my step-daughters will draw the winning ticket. The winner will be contacted via PM for shipping information (shipping covered by me).

Raffle sales will end on May 29the and the drawing will happen on May 30th!

If you have any questions at all, please ask them here!

The purchase of Raffle Tickets has closed.