Ares Games

Thread: Availability of WOW

Default Availability of WOW

Guys I live in Devon England and whilst I am a lover of minis the attraction of WOW is that you don't need them
    I have limited time space and money so I was looking for the expansion packs for Dawn of war ie Eagles of the Reich and Flying legends. My local games shop said he was having trouble getting them.
    does anyone know if there is a problem or should they be available & if so where?
    I know online is an answer but I like to put the money i have if poss into hobby shops as I fear they may be a dying breed

The only thing I can tell you ist that Amazon UK has them in stock. I also prefer buying my gaming stuff at my local gaming store but when they don't have the things I want I have no problem buying them online...

From time to time some items become hard to find. It's just the natural ebb and flow of the market. They should be available in your local area again pretty soon.

Double Deuce

I was kind of in the opposite situation. The nearest game store (almost 90 miles away) only carries the expansions and so I had to order the WOW and DOW base games online to get those.

I have two gaming stores one is 45 minutes drive from me ther other is 1 hour and half away from me. [there are others but they are 3-4 hours away by car]

the problem I have is they have only a few of the planes, not many of the expansions, and as for the box sets its a hit and miss if they have the ones I want or not.

So I took the next best approach. I'm importing WoW into NZ and selling it to my mates and other gamers out there. I support local clubs and players get the right stuff when they want it. and I must admit at a better price then the local stores as well.

I guess it was out of frustration I took this path wasn't planning on doing it but I am glad I am now.

Cheers
    GW

Wow, that is a lot of commitment! Great job!

its been a dream for me to have my own gaming site/store. since I was 14. [wow twenty years....where has that time gone]

I am only doing customer orders at the moment will get a stock level in the next few months once I get some capital up and running. and hopefully an e-commerce site mid next year. mainly supply gamers in New Zealand and Australia. [Greyknight Miniatures]. I can pretty much get everything with the exception of the deluxe box sets, still trying though to get them.

Cheers
    GW

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Future WoW miniature releases
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 13:51
  2. WoW Stocking Issues?
    By LazyEyedPsycho in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 07:01
  3. In praise of WoW