Ares Games

Thread: Recon 2011 Coco Beach

Default Recon 2011 Coco Beach

Come to Coco Beach to win this trophy in the First Recon Wings of War Tourney!Name:  plaque.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  55.3 KB

There were six entries into the Tourney, started off with a one on one, for three rounds. One of the pilots ran away, swatting down three kills, while four of the other five succeded in getting one kill apiece, and one not getting a kill at all. Time was running short, so it came down to a six man free for all, highest kill wins; previous kills counting.

It started with twisting and swirling, and the first goes down, by the pilot with no kills. He quickly gets a second, shooting down the leader; but due to an error in misplaying cards, his plane crashed. So it's down to three players, each with one kill each. Six man free for all is looking to end in a tie for the leaders. One of the pilots bags another, so we are sitting with the two pilots left, one with two killes and one with one. They swirl for fifteen minutes, trading shots. They go head to head, and the pilot with one kill bags his second, leaving the original leader Donovan with the trophy for the Ace of the Convention. Join us at Hurricon (HMGS South) in September for another round in Orlando, Florida.

bobrunnicles

I'll be there for Hurricon (weather permitting lol)!! I wanted to go to Recon but when they moved it from Easter weekend to the end of April I was hosed - I have to work month end weekends

Do you use altitude rules for the tourney?

Bob

P.S. First post here! Great site!

Yes, that made for a swirling knife fight that lasted for forty five minutes, both pilots were sweating bullets (pun intended). It a was a DR1 vs. a Camel, and the DR 1 came out victorious. One would clime, the other would dive, and it was a tough fight. The DR 1 would keep inside that Camel, until the third card. and then the camel would slip away until the next turn, then they would reverse, and go at it again. It was prolly the best fight of the tourney.

I'm planning on doing a senario game for Hurricon.

They changed the date cause they figured no one would show for easter weekend.

bobrunnicles

Yeah, I know why they changed it and to be honest it makes sense - it just sucks to be me I guess lol.