Ares Games

Thread: Contents of 'Famous Aces'

Default Contents of 'Famous Aces'

Is it normal that there is no plastic tray in the box to hold the cards, counters, etc but three rules manuals?

SuthSaxe

Sounds a little unusual to me!

That doesn't sound right Daniel - should be a plastic insert that holds the cards & tokens, oh, and one set of rules !

"He is wise who watches"

Thats strange. The box was wrapped in plastic. So it wasn't opened.
    The cards semselfes where shrinkwrapped (not the "envelope" wrap as in, for example, the Deluxe Set ) in one single package.

Well i don't blame the two extra manuals but without the plastic tray the card get all mixed up in the box.

[QUOTE= The box was wrapped in plastic. So it wasn't opened. [/QUOTE]

Just because it's wraped in plastic doesn't mean it hasn't been opened.
    Many stores have the capability to wrap and seal a box in plastic.

Users Country Flag

Name
    James
    Sorties Flown

When the game was first released...Famous Aces DIDN'T have the plastic insert. That came along with the second printing. My original set was the same, and imagine my delight when the second Famous Aces I bought had a plastic tray. The 3 Instruction manuals sounds like one of the goofs from the the original too. In some of the first printing, they had 5 promo cards, 3 Cook Spads, and 2 of the other promo, which i can't remember, it might be the UFAG, but can't remember anymore

Jim

There is only the Halberstadt D.III as a promo card.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    There is only the Halberstadt D.III as a promo card.

Interesting. That's not one if the standard 9 promos I'm familiar with. Who's the pilot? And if there is a card number in the lower right corner, what is it?

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Sounds odd to me. Famous Aces was the first thing I purchased for this game. If it would've been like the one you got, who knows where I'd be now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Thats strange. The box was wrapped in plastic. So it wasn't opened.
    The cards semselfes where shrinkwrapped (not the "envelope" wrap as in, for example, the Deluxe Set ) in one single package.

Well i don't blame the two extra manuals but without the plastic tray the card get all mixed up in the box.
    In my box there was a plastic tray but I use the card sleeves so got rid. So the cards dont get mixed up I split into the various decks and use an elastic band for each group to keep them together

[QUOTE=tuladin;64026]Interesting. That's not one if the standard 9 promos I'm familiar with. Who's the pilot? And if there is a card number in the lower right corner, Sorry, i misremembered. It is in fact the UFAC.