Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Jasta 28 photos

  1. #1

    Default Jasta 28 photos

    Anyone have some photos and/or profile for Jasta 28 planes? I've got the one of Max Müller from Osprey. If there are some books that that have a good grouping of them, I'd like to know that as well so I can pick them up.

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default

    There's a couple of pictures in Osprey's Albatros Aces part 2, including a lineup photo of 7 planes.

  3. #3

    Default

    And oh, there's a profile of an Ernst Hess D.III in there as well.

    ...and in part one there's a profile Otto Hartman's D.III

  4. #4

    Default

    Whilst we are on Osprey chaps, can you clear up for me which aircraft are covered in the two volumes, as I need info on the early Albs.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  5. #5

    Default

    If you mean colour plates, both of them have D.III and D.V with a couple of D.II and D.Va thrown in.

    In their Aviation Elite Units 26 (on Jasta Boelcke), there's 4 D.I plates and 2 D.II.
    Last edited by Niclas; 05-04-2011 at 07:57.

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niclas View Post
    If you mean colour plates, both of them have D.III and D.V with a couple of D.II and D.Va thrown in.

    In their Aviation Elite Units 26 (on Jasta Boelcke), there's 4 D.I plates and 2 D.II.
    Thanks Niclas. That is just what I needed and Jasta Boelcke was on my wants list anyway.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  8. #8

    Default

    Thanks for those shots Attilio. I can also use them.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  9. #9

    Default

    I wondered about the Schäfer one not seeming to have the yellow tailplane with black stripes, so went to my Osprey to see if it mentioned something about this. It didn't, but it had a short quote from Max Müller which contained a couple of interesting scraps of info.

    - Schäfer was killed when the British targeted his machine because its red fuselage made them think it was Richthofen.
    - Müller, having acquired some reputation himself, had his plane repainted every other week so as not to become a target like this.

  10. #10

    Default

    Rob,

    another page of a web site dedicated to a few Jasta 28 profiles

    http://www.fun-modellbau.de/ww1-date...ny/Jasta28.htm

  11. #11

    Default

    Thanks again Attilio.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Attila57 View Post
    Rob,

    another page of a web site dedicated to a few Jasta 28 profiles

    http://www.fun-modellbau.de/ww1-date...ny/Jasta28.htm
    Great site Attilio!

    However I can't figure out the URL for the British listing - Do you know?

    /Niclas

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niclas View Post
    Great site Attilio!

    However I can't figure out the URL for the British listing - Do you know?

    /Niclas
    I've no issue with the last version of IE. Perhaps I don't understand your question.

    You can only browse German Air Service Jastas (you can browse other pages for the other Jastas clicking on the Jasta numbers) or go to the main page (there are a nice part about two seaters..). The lowser links seem without linked pages :-(

    Attilio

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Attila57 View Post
    I've no issue with the last version of IE. Perhaps I don't understand your question.

    You can only browse German Air Service Jastas (you can browse other pages for the other Jastas clicking on the Jasta numbers) or go to the main page (there are a nice part about two seaters..). The lowser links seem without linked pages :-(

    Attilio
    Looking at the URL http://www.fun-modellbau.de/ww1-datenbank/Germany/
    I can't go up one level ("Forbidden"), but I can go sideways by replacing Germany with Italy, France, etc. However I draw a blank with Britain, England, Commonwealth, Great Britain, Great-Britain, Great_Britain, or any other permutation I can think of.

    On the bright side there is, as you say, some great stuff on bombers and two-seaters in the German section. Really great find, Attilio!

  15. #15

    Default

    Niclas, the site's navagation is totally broken, try starting off with this page: http://www.fun-modellbau.de/ww1-datenbank/REFERENCES/indices.htm.

    Thanks for the continued help on finding Jasta 28 planes for me!

  16. #16

    Default

    That link I just posted will not help very much, you have to really did through the URl manually. However, those are all profiles that are on the Bob Pearson CD that I have posted in the Trade/Sale section as a special buy to our members.... it looks like that site blatantly placed the whole CD on line. They may have been told to remove most of the content, hence the broken links.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    That link I just posted will not help very much, you have to really did through the URl manually. However, those are all profiles that are on the Bob Pearson CD that I have posted in the Trade/Sale section as a special buy to our members.... it looks like that site blatantly placed the whole CD on line. They may have been told to remove most of the content, hence the broken links.
    Oh, that's interesting!
    I had not seen that post in Trade/Sale, but I've run across the Bob Pearson CD elsewhere on the web (think it was some other German WWI site). Then I thought the price a bit steep for what info was provided as to quality of content, but having seen this I'd say it certainly appears worth the price. Definitely goes on my list - Thanks for the tip Col!

  18. #18

    Default

    I have the CD offered here on the site my self and I think it is a very good value if you want profiles. The fact that you can look them up via plane type or by unit is very handy!

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niclas View Post
    Looking at the URL http://www.fun-modellbau.de/ww1-datenbank/Germany/
    I can't go up one level ("Forbidden"), but I can go sideways by replacing Germany with Italy, France, etc. However I draw a blank with Britain, England, Commonwealth, Great Britain, Great-Britain, Great_Britain, or any other permutation I can think of.

    On the bright side there is, as you say, some great stuff on bombers and two-seaters in the German section. Really great find, Attilio!
    Ok I agree

    The links are often broken or wrong btu manually you can find some interesting page. But you can find a lot of interesting info.
    Last edited by Attila57; 05-05-2011 at 00:26.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •