Ares Games

Thread: Repaint Contest - Win a Wings of War or Dawn of War box set!

Hybrid View

Default Repaint Contest - Win a Wings of War or Dawn of War box set!

You guys and gals wanted more contests, so here is the next one, a Repaint Contest! This one is a bigger commitment, so the prize is bigger! The winner will be able to pick a box set of their choice for either Wings of War or Dawn of War (box sets are the basic boxes like Famous Aces and Dawn of World War II). Now for the details:

What: Repaint Contest, you may enter two repaints.
    Who can take part: Any Registered member.
    When: 1 November to 30 November 2009 (planes must be painted during this time period).
    Prize: Box set.
    Winner chosen by: Community vote.

So, break out those paints and get to work!

Post your entries in the Repaint Contest Entries thread.

Great Contest!

One question: does it need to be an actual WoW model oo can it be another manufacturer used for WoW i.e a 1/144 plane for WWI or 1/200 for WWII?

Thanks!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dennis
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post

Winner chosen by: Community vote
    Will there be any parameters/ratings for the Voting that the community would use to judge with?

Other then it's painted like a museum piece or it looks like it was just dipped into a paint bucket.

Will there be points going towards:

Historical Accuracy -
    Correct Paint Scheme, Registration #, Markings, etc
    Detail of Research [citations given] -
    Theater of Operation, Squadron Information, Pilot Information, etc
    Or is this something we can just do and go for the overall paint job WOW Factor? I really didn't mean that as a PUN

Thanks -
    Looking forward to this.

CyberMaxX

BTW: See like I said in the recent Poll... I wish they had undecorated versions of the mini's available so we can get right to work without that Striping the paint from the original step.

Quote Originally Posted by afilter View Post
    Great Contest!

One question: does it need to be an actual WoW model oo can it be another manufacturer used for WoW i.e a 1/144 plane for WWI or 1/200 for WWII?

Thanks!

For this contest, it needs to be a Wings of War mini.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberMaxX View Post
    Will there be any parameters/ratings for the Voting that the community would use to judge with?

Other then it's painted like a museum piece or it looks like it was just dipped into a paint bucket.

Will there be points going towards:

Historical Accuracy -
    Correct Paint Scheme, Registration #, Markings, etc
    Detail of Research [citations given] -
    Theater of Operation, Squadron Information, Pilot Information, etc
    Or is this something we can just do and go for the overall paint job WOW Factor? I really didn't mean that as a PUN

Thanks -
    Looking forward to this.

CyberMaxX

BTW: See like I said in the recent Poll... I wish they had undecorated versions of the mini's available so we can get right to work without that Striping the paint from the original step.
    To be in the contest, it just needs to be painted. However, if you post all those details with your entry photos, I am sure you will get bonus points from the members. Just keep in mind a sloppy paint job with lots of info is not going to win this contest either.

This is really cool, need to come up with an idea of what to repaint..

Loving the idea of this one Col,

Where do you want us to post the pictures?

Where would you like us to post out entries and is there a time limit? Can we put up more than one repaint?

Quote Originally Posted by aarondpjames View Post
    Loving the idea of this one Col,

Where do you want us to post the pictures?
    I will start a thread for posting entries and then link it here... have to do some admin stuff first to set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Belis4rius View Post
    Where would you like us to post out entries and is there a time limit? Can we put up more than one repaint?
    You are welcome to enter two repaints. I'll update the contest rules to reflect this.

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

Cool! Time to get work on this project.

I'm going to miss out on this one by a matter of a week. going to order some planes this coming Friday but they take 2 weeks to get here. plus I'd need time to do the re-paint..... mmmm

*shrug* Oh well I'll choose a plane anyway and see if I can get in here in time. I guess it will be in the hands of the postal gods.

Cheers
    GW

Still temted to join the contest allthough I have not painted for two years and know that I would not have a chance of winning...

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Baron View Post
    Still temted to join the contest allthough I have not painted for two years and know that I would not have a chance of winning...
    Well, it's important to participate

I have a few planes but not so many in order to repaint one. I will skip this contest, but I will watch and vote.

I am working on a couple of repaints, where do you want them when they are ready?

Flying Scotsman

Conveniently (...not) I just ruined the paint job on two of my planes

(had them waiting to varnish while I undercoated a 1:72 scale SPAD and they got hit by over spray)

So now I have two planes to enter a Nieuport and a Tri-dekker I was wanting to try something a bit more complex for ze Germans anyway And the Nieuport will become the start of my French squadron.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Conveniently (...not) I just ruined the paint job on two of my planes

(had them waiting to varnish while I undercoated a 1:72 scale SPAD and they got hit by over spray)

So now I have two planes to enter a Nieuport and a Tri-dekker I was wanting to try something a bit more complex for ze Germans anyway And the Nieuport will become the start of my French squadron.
    Sorry to hear that man

Sounds great, have to get painting, pitty its now over 30 degrees here as summers arrived early, paint dries on the brush too fast. But I'll certainly give it my best shot.
    Last edited by Roger Wilco; 11-08-2009 at 03:54.

Just ordered the model I want to paint. Hope it gets here fast enough...

I just started painting again, and I think i will have to join this painting contest! Would I get extra points for a mini diorama

Quote Originally Posted by Dathbain View Post
    I just started painting again, and I think i will have to join this painting contest! Would I get extra points for a mini diorama
    That is up to the Colonel, but it might be a really good idea for a future contest...

Quote Originally Posted by Dathbain View Post
    Would I get extra points for a mini diorama
    Quote Originally Posted by bsmith13 View Post
    That is up to the Colonel, but it might be a really good idea for a future contest...

Actually, it's up the the other members. They are the ones that will be voting for the winner... well, I'll have a vote as well, but it will be weighted the same as everyone else.

Well I dont own any of the minis so I would have to go out and buy one, but Ive been kicking around the idea of a little diorama for some time. I visualized a small base just big enough for the aircraft and a little area around it, the aircraft sits in the grass and a pilot running towards the aircraft and entitling it "Scramble!" It looks good in my head so now I need to see if I can execute it as well!

Default Repaints

Wow, great contest. Wish i didn't post my repainted fokker dvii on the bgg site a couple months ago! I won't have time to do another one before the contests over. Good luck everyone, can't wait to see the results :!)

OK Colonel, I have my two repaints ready for the gallery, where do you want them?

Quote Originally Posted by Belis4rius View Post
    OK Colonel, I have my two repaints ready for the gallery, where do you want them?
    Well, I HAD just picked up a plane to repaint for the contest; not sure I need to bother now...

Great! You can upload the photos to your Album (from your profile page) and use the code it gives you when you view the photo to add your entries to the entry thread.

O.k. now that I'm well under way working on submissions, the gamer in me wants to know:

How will the voting work?
    a) 1 vote per voter
    b) arbitrary number greater than 1 votes per voter
    c) vote for as many as you like

1) Vote for model
    2) Vote for modeller

A) Winner is model with most votes
    B) Winner is modeller with most votes

Or do you want to wait until all entries are in to announce the voting system? I have to say, a 1/B scheme would be an interesting spin to the contest, but probably a big disadvantage to people entering only one model.

I suppose it will be a1A... But the Col. will have the last word on this.

I'm a simple guy, so I like to keep my contest simple. When the contest end date comes, I will close the thread for submissions. I will then create a new thread for voting. Each miniature entered will be assigned a number and all numbers will go into a single poll where every registered member will get to vote on one miniature. So, in your example, it would be A1A.

Just a quick mention: I can't access the photobucket pictures from work. You may want to create a local copy of those pictures before you post the poll, so other people in similar circumstances can see all the pictures.

Name
    Dent
    Sorties Flown

Can I convert slightly? I want to remove the static prop blades and replace them with a transperant disc, like my scratchbuilds have...

Dent.

Sure Dent! They just have to be official WoW miniatures and need to be repainted.

Name
    Dent
    Sorties Flown

No probs. I'll be pushing it to meet the deadline, but I should make it

Dent.

Similar Missions

1. Welcome to the Wings of War Aerodrome
    By zMaint in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 02-18-2021, 01:41
  2. WGS: The Last Biplanes
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements