Ares Games

Thread: Wildcat Domination

Default Wildcat Domination

I had a handful of games this week, and pretty much lost or had a draw on all of them. To say the least it hasn't been a good week in the WOW game for me. The Worst lose by far was the one I should have won hands down!

My Boys were in (2)109's and a D.520 (Stella) and closing in fast with 3 Wildcats (If you can call Wildcats fast!!). Real haughty ones at that, shaking their wings and the like and coming in in a tight formation like they were P-38's or something and my 109's had anything to worry about. Well the boys wouldn't have any of that and started darting and weaving. Before long we are trading fire despite a nice "thatch weave" move by the haughty Americans!!

I manage to line up two planes for close range shots on McWorthen. He is priority one with the extra damage he deals over the other Wildcats. Low and behold he takes his six chits and zooms on ahead like nothing in the world has happened. Apparantly the boys had lost his wingman in the sun during that darn "weave" thing and he lights up Galland for 11 points of damage on two "B" chits!! Stella is off on her own chasing down Galer who broke off at the last second. All the boys clear the Wildcat formation and reform for another pass with Balthasar in the lead and Stella on his wing. Galland licking his wounds is having problems turning apparantly and struggles to get his craft to perform up to snuff.

Balthasar and Stella proceed with caution trying to allow for Galland to catch up. As Galland recovers control of his plane, the Wildcat formation closes the gap and manage a long shot on Stella. Poor Stella never saw it coming, as he flipped over the "B" chit in his cockpit a little explosion emblem glared angerly up at him. Next thing he knew, he was talking to St. Peter at the pearly gates. Almost at the same time Balthasar unloads at long range on McWorthen yet again, who takes his chits and continues forward determined to finish off Galland. With an immelman and a burst of speed McWorthan and Galland come nose to nose. With 10 chits in his stack McWorthen makes a bee line for the front lines but is still flying high and proud as Galland's plane streaks towards the ground below. Balthasar engaged now by Galer and the other Wildcat Pilot takes some heavy damage before escaping back across the river that leads to home and safety. There is hope for tomorrow though. Galland had manged to bail out and if he can somehow make it home has yet another 109 waiting for him.

So yeah talk about bad luck. McWorthen after 10 chits had only 14 damage and only headed home to deny me the chance of shooting him down.

*in our little group we keep track of who gets shot down and play mini campaign games where shot down pilots have a chance of living and playing another day. Though explosions automaticly kill the pilot.

So hopeflly next weeks games are better and I can exact revenge on those haughty American flyboys!!

Daniel!

Great report! I see you have embraced the true meaning of the game. Have fun laying it!

Rich

Great report Daniel. Any photos from the in plane cameras?

Tom

next battle I will provide some pics!!!

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Enjoyed your AAR. I've just gotten several WWII mini's and am going to offer DoW along with WoW as some people have indicated they would be more interested in the DoW. Me, I like them both but prefer the WoW.