Ares Games
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Flying Cows.

Default Flying Cows.

While I certainly do not expect this thread to amass the 364 replies and 6447 views that the Flying Penguins thread did, my hope is to start another thread for some general silliness and good humor. Remember:
    "Humor is just another defense against the Universe!" - Mel Brooks
    ...and so I begin with this Cow video:
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Always liked cows. Don't know why.

My wife loved the song.

That is real cool.

By the way, if you ever have to cut across a cow field surrounded by electric fencing - don't straddle the fence (listen to the voice of experience here...).

Widdling on electric fences is also a VERY bad idea!

Quote Originally Posted by AlgyLacey View Post
    Widdling on electric fences is also a VERY bad idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
    And painfull
    There's a topic for a new poll... How many pilots here have ever "whiddled" on an electric fence?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Oh, now you're just giving me evil ideas for creatively wiring my Taser into the toilet when some idiot annoys me.

"Shocking... positively shocking."--attributed to James Bond, IIRC
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Holy cow.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Just two days ago, on the front page, our local newspaper announced an attempt by Wakker Dier (Awake Animal), a foundation for the protection of animal rights, to put "Cow in the Meadow" on the World Heritage List. The link (in Dutch) is here: http://www.gelderlander.nl/voorpagin...fgoedlijst.ece and it looks sincere to me.

The gist of it is that currently it is cheaper, and easier on the environmental rules, for farmers to keep their cows indoor. This means an end to the traditional Dutch landscape with cows. So by putting this on the immaterial part of the World Heritage List (along with festivals and such, and e.g., French Quisine) putting cows in the meadow again can be subsidized.

So far it is only a proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Holy cow.
    Rob.
    You were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Niek_vD View Post
    Just two days ago, on the front page, our local newspaper announced an attempt by Wakker Dier (Awake Animal), a foundation for the protection of animal rights, to put "Cow in the Meadow" on the World Heritage List. The link (in Dutch) is here: http://www.gelderlander.nl/voorpagin...fgoedlijst.ece and it looks sincere to me.

The gist of it is that currently it is cheaper, and easier on the environmental rules, for farmers to keep their cows indoor. This means an end to the traditional Dutch landscape with cows. So by putting this on the immaterial part of the World Heritage List (along with festivals and such, and e.g., French Quisine) putting cows in the meadow again can be subsidized.

So far it is only a proposal.
    I am afraid my ability to read Dutch is pretty non-existant... any translators want to take a shot at that?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Ken, I already summarized it. But I will translate sometime this week.

Niek

The title is:- Cow in the meadow on the World Heritage list.

NIJMEGEN - Wakker Dier wants Dutch cows in the meadow in the Netherlands in the World Heritage List to be shown. On Friday,the action group, in an open letter on cows in the field,called Minister of Culture Zijlstra to sign . The call is supported by the Dutch Centre for Folk Culture.

SDirector Ineke Strouken said: "No more cows in the Dutch landscape was a huge impoverishment and also bad for the image of the Netherlands. The cow in the pasture would be a good Dutch candidate for the UNESCO heritage list."

Farmers keep their cows more often inside, because it is cheaper. Environmental rules make it more attractive for farmers sometimes to keep the cows in the barn. The Party for the Animals has been strongly committed strongly for a long time the grazing of cows.

The World Heritage List contains mostly buildings and nature. There is also a list of intangibles, which are important festivals and events. Then the cows in the field must be included shortly. Wakker Dier.

Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 04-11-2011 at 02:22.

Oh dear what next free range sheep?
    Linz

Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    Oh dear what next free range sheep?
    Linz
    Is that a particular problem in N.Z. then Linz?
    Rob.

The title is:- Cow in the meadow on the World Heritage list.

NIJMEGEN - Wakker Dier wants Dutch cows in the meadow in the Netherlands in the World Heritage List to be shown. On Friday,the action group, in an open letter on cows in the field,called Minister of Culture Zijlstra to sign . The call is supported by the Dutch Centre for Folk Culture.

SDirector Ineke Strouken said: "No more cows in the Dutch landscape was a huge impoverishment and also bad for the image of the Netherlands. The cow in the pasture would be a good Dutch candidate for the UNESCO heritage list."

Farmers keep their cows more often inside, because it is cheaper. Environmental rules make it more attractive for farmers sometimes to keep the cows in the barn. The Party for the Animals has been strongly committed strongly for a long time the grazing of cows.

The World Heritage List contains mostly buildings and nature. There is also a list of intangibles, which are important festivals and events. Then the cows in the field must be included shortly. Wakker Dier.

Rob.
    Thanks Rob! So if I were to move to the Netherlands I would be expected to remain in the house most of the time... I guess that is not really any different than here in the States (At least for this particular cow...)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Environmental rules make it more attractive for farmers sometimes to keep the cows in the barn.
    So a whole new meaning to barnstorming as far as Ken is concerned, then (I know Ken, another 10 yard penalty)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Thanks Rob! So if I were to move to the Netherlands I would be expected to remain in the house most of the time... I guess that is not really any different than here in the States (At least for this particular cow...)
    But just think of this Ken. If you did move to der Nederlands, you would be in with a chance of being added to the World Heritage list.
    Rob.

Thanks Ken. I hope I do this right, because this one is for you!!!!

Thanks, F.O. Kyte. A machine translation no doubt, not bad. I have fixed it a bit:

Cow in the meadow on the World Heritage list.

NIJMEGEN - Wakker Dier wants Dutch cows in the meadow in the Netherlands to be added to the World Heritage List. On Friday,the action group called on Deputy Minister of Culture Zijlstra to apply for inclusion, in an open letter on cows in the field. The call is supported by the Dutch Centre for Folk Culture.

Director Ineke Strouken said: "No more cows in the Dutch landscape would be a huge impoverishment and also bad for the image of the Netherlands. The cow in the meadow would be a good Dutch candidate for the UNESCO heritage list."

Farmers keep their cows more often inside, because it is cheaper. Sometimes, environmental rules make it more attractive for farmers to keep the cows in the barn. For a long time already, the Party for the Animals has been committed strongly to the grazing of cows.

The World Heritage List contains mostly buildings and nature areas. There is also a list of intangibles, containing important festivals and events. The cows in the meadow should be included on this list according to Wakker Dier.

The Party for the Animals (Partij voor de Dieren) is a genuine political party with a seat in parliament, left-centre on most political issues, and of course championing animal rights. So Ken would not only have an opportunity to become World Heritage, he also would have influence in politics if he moved to The Netherlands! You are welcome, Ken!

Dank u goed meneer.

Rob.

Some cows take the bus to go to the meadow...

For those going to Tripples, look out for the cows on the tram going to the Meadowhall.
    Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 04-12-2011 at 12:14. Reason: gyslexia

Quote Originally Posted by Niek_vD View Post
    Thanks, F.O. Kyte. A machine translation no doubt, not bad. I have fixed it a bit:

Cow in the meadow on the World Heritage list.

NIJMEGEN - Wakker Dier wants Dutch cows in the meadow in the Netherlands to be added to the World Heritage List. On Friday,the action group called on Deputy Minister of Culture Zijlstra to apply for inclusion, in an open letter on cows in the field. The call is supported by the Dutch Centre for Folk Culture.

Director Ineke Strouken said: "No more cows in the Dutch landscape would be a huge impoverishment and also bad for the image of the Netherlands. The cow in the meadow would be a good Dutch candidate for the UNESCO heritage list."

Farmers keep their cows more often inside, because it is cheaper. Sometimes, environmental rules make it more attractive for farmers to keep the cows in the barn. For a long time already, the Party for the Animals has been committed strongly to the grazing of cows.

The World Heritage List contains mostly buildings and nature areas. There is also a list of intangibles, containing important festivals and events. The cows in the meadow should be included on this list according to Wakker Dier.

The Party for the Animals (Partij voor de Dieren) is a genuine political party with a seat in parliament, left-centre on most political issues, and of course championing animal rights. So Ken would not only have an opportunity to become World Heritage, he also would have influence in politics if he moved to The Netherlands! You are welcome, Ken!
    I would not mind having influence on politics, as long as I did not actually have to be a politician!

Thanks Niek!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Holy cow.
    Rob.
    Perhaps you meant Holey Cow?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Perhaps you meant Holey Cow?
    Wow, cows saving cows. Utterly fantastic. I learned something new.

Thanks Ken
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Ken!

Here is one high flying Cow!

Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Wtx...eature=related
    Now that's a girl that works with what she has. Good show.

Random!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Ken!

Here is one high flying Cow!

Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Wtx...eature=related
    That is what I need to get around town on! Only I think I would have to have a slightly larger breed of cow! ... and one of those XL heavy-duty pooper scoopers! Of course with the price of gasoline going up like it is , we may all be riding cows soon!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Birdy birdy in the sky dropped some white wash in my eye, I'm a big boy I won't cry, I'M just glad cows don't

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
    Birdy birdy in the sky dropped some white wash in my eye, I'm a big boy I won't cry, I'M just glad cows don't
    Not half Darell. The flying pigs are bad enough. Did you see that picture which I posted of the little hangers that are being built for them in all the fields?
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    ERIN
    Sorties Flown

Anyone have the Dubious pleasure of experincing a Cow Paddock in an open cockpit at 2000 ft on a hot humid day? You won't forget it, trust me! Wonder if methane can kill an engine? That could be a whole new performance consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Anyone have the Dubious pleasure of experincing a Cow Paddock in an open cockpit at 2000 ft on a hot humid day? You won't forget it, trust me! Wonder if methane can kill an engine? That could be a whole new performance consideration.
    I can't say I have, and I can't say I wish to. Between the cows, pig farms, and the local paper plant in my area pumping out a sulfuric cloud every day, I experience quite enough odoriferous atmosphere each day.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

The road-trips from Omaha to Milwaukee for GenCon were noted for the number of Cow Pastures one had to drive past -- IN AUGUST....

Ground level also not so sweet

Gents!

Cowman is correct nothing beats those aromas of summer in Ohio! My Grandmother always wanted her chicken houses cleaned out on July! In the early 80`s a fellow gamer his wife and i took a ride to visit Fort Recovery Ohio. This was the site of St. Clair's Defeat or the Battle of the Wabash. It made The Little Big Horn look like a minor skirmish by comparison. Shawnee, Miami and Delaware tribes 1,000 , U.S. Army 150! Fort Recovery is on the Ohio and Indiana border. Most of the original battle field is a park with a monument in it`s center. There is a reconstructed fort by the river and interesting place to visit. Do not do this in the heat of summer. At the time of our visit there was a mink farm just east of Fort Recovery on the road into town. the stench created by those things made us wish we had not made that trip!!!! Like Ken i am familiar with the agricultural odors of rural Ohio, That was one that should be missed!
    Rich

Default 1918: Americans test radical new observation balloon design

I'll let the video speak for itself...

Ken Head - "The Cowman"

If that doesn't spook the cattle, I don't know what will...

Hay Ken, I bet you cud chew that up with a machine gun, but it would not prove to be easy meat. After those coments from the reporter, I just had to milk this for all it is worth.
    LOL.
    Rob.

Hay Ken, I bet you cud chew that up with a machine gun, but it would not prove to be easy meat. After those coments from the reporter, I just had to milk this for all it is worth.
    LOL.
    Rob.
    Very Amoosing...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

What happened to the cow who flew too low over the barbed wire fence?

Udder destruction......

Okay, I know, back on my meds.......

You all need to begin the ritual of chastisement. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse47 View Post
    What happened to the cow who flew too low over the barbed wire fence?

Udder destruction......

Okay, I know, back on my meds.......
    Quote Originally Posted by somaliavet View Post
    You all need to begin the ritual of chastisement. lol
    Bawahahahhahaha!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

I think I've finally understood what the punic wars was all about - And why they felt they needed more than one...

I thought that balloon commentator was at the absolute limit, but no you guys just keep ramping it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Niclas View Post
    I think I've finally understood what the punic wars was all about - And why they felt they needed more than one...

I thought that balloon commentator was at the absolute limit, but no you guys just keep ramping it up!
    I blame it all on our British members... they have taught me well... and yet I am but a pun apprentice still...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Default My apologies for the double post...

... but I had to share this:

Maybe I'll get one of these and hang it over one of the tables at Origins... minus the surprise at the end of course...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Now Ken is after my job. He wants to be the next Wingcow.
    Rob.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast