Ares Games

Thread: Albatros W.4

Default Albatros W.4

My latest project - a couple of Albatros w.4 seaplanes. They are based on a pair of D.IIIs, with the wings trimmed and squared off, new tailplanes made using plastic card, and of course the floats. I'm not entirely happy with these (they are carved from a few coffee stirrers) and I might replace these with some better ones later if I get a chance.

The lozenge markings on the upper wings were done using the spare decals from the W.29s I made a month or so ago.

Does anyone have any thoughts on stats for these beasts?

Next up - a captured Br.14, currently on the painting table.

Nice ones Dave

WOW.. those are awesome...

Superb job... they are really great !

Upstaged again by Jove. What a superb pair. I can see that I will need to up my game considerably if I am to compete with you Dave. Well done that man.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

They do look awesome as for stats they are refered to as Dii's with floats. They where about 10 kpm slower than a Diii and a climb rate of an Eindekker so that would be a 6 and with 9000 ft ceiling that would be a level 9 one less than an Eindekker. Being an albatros better built than fokkers so damage 13 can be an A or B for guns depending on which model you have built. Hope this is some help
    Linz

Fab !
    Sweet looking ships you have there...congrats !

Dave, Excellent work; thanks for the inspiration.

Those are excellent! Well done Sir!

Thanks for the kind words, chaps. They are greatly appreciated. And Lindsay, thanks for the steer on the stats!

Just checked my ceiling for Eindekker is 9 not 10 so W4 would be 8 and I think you could use either I or K cards for movement.
    Linz

Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    Just checked my ceiling for Eindekker is 9 not 10 so W4 would be 8 and I think you could use either I or K cards for movement.
    Linz
    Thanks Linz. That will be useful to us all. Now, THE HOW TO , please Dave.
    Rob.

I will build mine but with the SRAM model
    dave did you make a card for your w4

Welcome to the `Drome, `denyslancien`....I think you`re going to have to be
    `Den` if that`s ok !
    I find the SRAM stuff pretty delicate, so handle carefully when swooping in on that `Short 184` !

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Thanks Linz. That will be useful to us all. Now, THE HOW TO , please Dave.
    Rob.
    Dave, as we say in French: "Chapeau !" (I take my head off)
    Hope to come to your level one day...

And Rob is right, a "how to" would help to bring us both closer to your level!

Quote Originally Posted by denyslancien View Post
    I will build mine but with the SRAM model
    dave did you make a card for your w4
    Hi Pitard. Do drop in on the Report for Duty thread so that we can all welcome you formally.
    Rob.

Done Rob.
    But lee, I am a little afraid about what you said I am honestly not the most carefully player

in fact i was interested in the Freidrichshafen FF33E too, now I am note has hot has before
    Last edited by denyslancien; 07-21-2011 at 05:55.

@denyslancien - haven't done a card yet. I was going to ask Max to do one. He performs miracles in the card department

I will pray for the god Max, to see the miracle.

Let's not get carried away folks! I'm in a situation with little net access for a while and can't browse all the posts, so just drop me a PM and I'll pick it up when I can... R.E the FF33E, just gimme a few days and I'll slap it up here assuming I can find all the info with my limited service!
    Edit: It seems the observers mg had various different mounts... Any preference? And color for that matter?
    Last edited by Max Headroom; 07-21-2011 at 17:45.

Really nice David!

Like the concept, like the build, like the colour scheme, like the paint job - Sums up to being thoroughly impressed!

If you don't like working with the coffee stirrers, give Evergreen profiles a try! I like working with those.

Btw, do they float?

This thread has me wondering if there is enough interst in the float planes to start a "squadron" amongst ourselves?

excellent effort!

They look really nice David good job

Users Country Flag

Name
    Patrick
    Sorties Flown

Very nice!