Ares Games

Thread: More of my iPhone/iPad stuff!

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Philippe
    Sorties Flown

Wink More of my iPhone/iPad stuff!

Hey guys! I searched for this in the forums and it does not seem to have popped up but there is an iPhone game that looks pretty similar to Wings of War. I really like the feel of it and the touch UI for the game.

Itunes link

I'm still working on my implementation of a Wings of War utility for iPhone/iPad...I also have more idea for that app that I will keep under cover until I make it.

Also there is a cool thread/blog on boardgamegeek.com on future iPhone/iPad games you can find here.

As my Wings of War playing, I love to play other boardgames. In that link you can find RAF game I really like and actually just finished a game...And the Hornet Leader game. The Hornet Leader is a really cool solo boardgame if you like air combat game and organisation. In Hornet Leader, you control a squadron of Hornet, arm them and send them in combat! Cool game!

Anyways thought I would share!

This game is also available on the net for the PC. It's fun if you have to kill some time waiting for an appointment or something.

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Philippe
    Sorties Flown

have you played other air combat or simply other boardgames? (lets exclude Monopoly and Clue :P)

I'm a big fan of both Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan. I also have had Ace of Aces for about 20 years. Can't say I've played many other air combat boardgames though.

Gawd I love Ace of Aces! Page 20 always brings a good laugh! =0= I just brought mine out last week.
    I used to play Air Superiority, modern a/c
    and one game of Air War (shudders)
    Home brew WW1 air combat
    (gazillions of other war games and board games)