Ares Games

Thread: Cold Wars 2011

Default Cold Wars 2011

Just returned from Cold Wars in PA. Saturday night at 6 an old friend was looking for a game to play in, since I had WoW in my truck he said lets play We set up the game in the open gaming area. It started as a one on one game. As we played more and more players joined until it was 7 on 7 and the fun lasted until 1. All players had a great time and I was able to meet WoW newbies and vets from NY and FL.
    I got some great deals. Two wings of war mats for $40. RE-8 and Roland for $8 apiece. Picked up 3 N16's from the ballon pack for $10. I tried to make a deal for a F-toy blue Albatros DIII but the guy wanted $16 for it and would not budge. So, he ended up taking it home due to no buyers. I sold $700 of Flames of War infantry. Now I have enough money to buy the rest of the foam trays I need from here.
    WoW is a great vessel to met new friends.

I was there Saturday afternoon John. Great time. I had to get back home though, so I hit the road early.

I almost bought one of the F-toys blue Albatross' from that guy, but he didn't take plastic. Was it the 'bigger' gentleman in the hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    I was there Saturday afternoon John. Great time. I had to get back home though, so I hit the road early.

I almost bought one of the F-toys blue Albatross' from that guy, but he didn't take plastic. Was it the 'bigger' gentleman in the hat?
    Yes it was him. I thought the price was too high. Cotton Jim does a great job keeping WoW prices low.

Sounds like a great time, and those are some wonderful bargains you made, especially the Nieuport 16s. Congrats.

Ross was there Friday, came back to play WoW at the Columbia Drome. :-)

Zach

$16 for an F-toys blue Albatross III sounds way too high. Check out eBay.

John!

Glad you had a great time and made some good deals!

Rich