Ares Games

Thread: Added some new user backgrounds

Default Added some new user backgrounds

For you WWII players, I've added user backgrounds for the Japanese and USA players. If you would like one of these new backgrounds, please Edit Your Details and select the country and WWII options at the very bottom. I'll go through and check these from time to time and update the backgrounds for you.

Oh, I guess it might be helpful if I showed what they looked like here in this thread!!

Enjoy and fly safe,

The Col.

Those are very nice. I find myself having difficulty deciding on what to use...

May I suggest you add a background with a "Belgian" cockade also? There are quit a few Belgian members here...
    Personally I feel a bit awkward with my HD1-Willy Coppens-avatar on a non Belgian background

Just a thought...

The backgrounds come from the back of the cards. If you you can give me a card number and the set a Belgian back can be found, I'll see what I can do for you.

Since you mention it ...

The Belgian background can be found on the following cards:

RP RAF RE 8 nr 23/26
    AP1 Sopwith Camel J Olieslagers 6/12

And the following ( I am not sure about the box/booster pack here)

W.Coppens blue HD 1 14/24
    A.l.C.J. De Neef Nieuport 11 1ere escadrille 2/24

The reason I really ask this is because the Belgian Aviation Militaire is mostly forgotten in the gaming world. Admittedly we are a small country compared to the other Great War protagonists but it is also true that because of the Belgian army and its stubborn resistance, the inundation of the north-west of our country and its pilots gave the other allies the most needed time to reorganize their forces at the beginning of the war.
    The Belgians were the first to use aerial photography for reconnaisance and had to use whatever the other countries wanted them to have as far as aircraft go.
    At the very beginning of the war we even had a whole escadrille made up from privately owned aicraft ( J. Olieslagers Bleriot, Tyk's(?)Deperdussin )
    I just want to put those pioneers on the map so to speak. There's more to the Belgian Aviation Militaire than W Coppens...
    But I am rambling on now...
    As you can see this means a lot to me so thanks for taking the time to add this cockade

P.S .. It would be nice if we should one day get some Henri Farman aircraft for the game: there are a couple of very nice painting schemes that the Belgians used:

http://www.baha.be/Webpages/Navigato...frontpage.html

Last edited by Bluedevil; 03-20-2010 at 06:35. Reason: typo's

Okay, the Belgian user background should be all set up.

Keith, it is really great how fast you handle theese issues! Thank you!

I used to get to them much faster, but RL is pretty damn busy these days

Similar Missions

1. Site: New backgrounds for the WWII players
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 09:10
  2. Site: New user stuff added.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 16:50