Ares Games

View Poll Results: Which paint job(s) would you like to see replaced with a new one?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cadbury & Leckie

11 28.21%
  • American Expeditionary Force

17 43.59%
  • Atkey

11 28.21%
  • None of them!

6 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Series 2 Reprint replacements: D.H. 4

Default Series 2 Reprint replacements: D.H. 4

Andrea has been hinting that the up coming reprints may contain new paint jobs for a few of the planes. This is supposedly based on how well the original paint job sold.

With all of that, which of these would you like to see replaced with a new paint job?

1. Cadbury & Leckie

2. American Expeditionary Force

3. Atkey

I can't actually think of any more interesting colour schemes for these aircraft unless you do one as a night fighter.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I could live with that Col.
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

But it's a one-off (well two-off) scheme for a mission that never even happened - not what you could call mainstream; more pretty than practical....
    Last edited by Dom S; 03-09-2011 at 10:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    But it's a one-off (well two-off) scheme for a mission that never even happened - not what you could call mainstream; more pretty than practical....
    Yes Dom, but you can produce all the ones that did the real work by repainting the existing planes in this particular case. I like using your decals and letters on planes.
    Rob.

True...but for those of us who don't "repaint", buying something different makes more sense...

None of the Above... I can see them easily being repainted into something else... and for those who don't repaint, hire someone who does if there is something you want!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

I personally could care less if a paint job that comes out is "mainstream". While I do repaints my self... at least a few, looking at the bigger picture of the game, it is the "cool" paint jobs that sell the planes... which sell the game... which gives us more players. Far more important to me then being about to do easy repaints. Heck, come to think of it, all of my repaints have been done from primer up... even the RNAS 9 Camels.

Cadbury. LONG LIVE THE AIRCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way Oberst, that D.H.4 of yours is AWESOMWE!!!!

I would rather they only release two 2 seaters of each type in the repaint series, and instead add an additional single-seat fighter, making a total of 4 of each single-seat fighter. I think that this would be good for sales since 2 seaters are more expensive, and relatively slower sellers. I would also buy all additional single-seat Fokkers, SPADS, Camels, and Albatroses, while I would not buy any further 2 seaters since I have enough of each released type.