Ares Games
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 1863

Thread: Wings of Savage Mill (Maryland)

Don't know if you guys played tonight, but I've scheduled two tables at Third Eye Games & Hobbies in Annapolis for Monday July 25th, 7-9pm. 2019 West St. Unit F Annapolis, MD 21401. I'll likely come earlier than that (and may hit the buffet right next to it), let me know if you think you'll make it.

This event is scheduled on the Greater Annapolis Area RPG and Board Games meetup group, which is pretty large. When I ran an event in the winter I had 8 people show.

I'll also put the word out to the Student Strategic Gaming Group that I work with, kids at the High School level that take their flying very seriously. I'm hoping for a dozen players, this first one is a pick-up session. Starting in August I'm on their calendar every fourth Monday, with the event announced in their newsletter and on their calendars.

If anyone has a good idea for a scenario or two I'd love to hear recommendations.

The buffet restaurant has really nice tables and they aren't very busy on Mondays . . . need to work out a deal with them.

So, next one is August 8th...
    Hopefully I will be able to make it.

A friendly reminder -- Third Eye Games & Hobbies in Annapolis this Monday (tomorrow) July 25th, 7-9pm. 2019 West St. Unit F Annapolis, MD 21401. If anyone's interested let me know, I have four signed up that have RSVP'd to date.

1 week
    Mission ideas anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptWillard View Post
    1 week
    Mission ideas anyone?
    One side attacks the other.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

OK, everybody attack the smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    OK, everybody attack the smartass.
    One has to show up in order to do that.

I might be able to be at the game store by 5. Anybody can anybody else show up for an early game?

I can leave at 3:30 and hope to make it by 5:00, but you know how Beltway traffic can be.

I'll get there at 5.

My dad just got out of surgery ( carotoid artery stent ) so I wont be able to make it this evening.
    Maybe next time .
    Have fun!

Sorry to hear that. Hope all is well

See you guys at 5

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    My dad just got out of surgery ( carotoid artery stent ) so I wont be able to make it this evening.
    Ug. Here's hoping he'll be able to join you at the next session.

This will be my last post in this thread for the Annapolis session I've started up for fourth Mondays. I'm still trying to get up to Savage on a second Monday for you guys.

We had nine players, played World War I with the altitude rules and had a great time in an old fashioned furball that ran almost two hours beginning to end. Third Eye Games & Hobbies is a killer venue, and the Asian Buffet next to it is pretty doggone good eating as well!

I book through Meetup, Annapolis Area RPG and Boardgames -- http://www.meetup.com/Annapolis-Area...nts/233597940/ for anyone that is interested in seeing the schedule. I'm going to start my own thread now on WingsOfWar.org, don't hesitate to stop in and say hello.

S.

Who will be there next Monday? I have an idea for a ground strafing scenario.

Maybe, we'll all have new airplanes to fly.

I almost stopped by last month. After I left my dad at the hospital, I was driving home and my route took me within 10 minutes of the store, but I was beat (I stayed with me dad that night, in the room I slept in as a kid, upstairs, with no air conditioning, in 90° weather) since he had to leave for the hospital at 0-dark-30...

Anyway, my plan is to be there on the 12th.

No new planes for my collection. I'm sitting this batch out for awhile until my gaming fun money has time to recuperate from FFG's Star Wars rpg.

I should be able to make it

Ground attack mission sounds interesting

I am hoping to make it too but can't confirm yet.

I do have new airplanes to fly!

I'll be there, and I believe the other Mike will be there, too.

I'll be there

Is there a plan? A plane plan?

I believe there will be a ground attack mission

German two-seaters?
    Camels, SE5s?

Leaving now, will be there by 7 pm (I hope).

Any plans or planes for Monday, Oct 10th? It may be a holiday for some.

Columbus Day? I'll have off. I should be able to make it. Any scenario suggestions? I know some people were interested in using their new planes.

Since it's a holiday will anybody be able to get there early? Say 5? How about balloon busting since 1 of the new planes is armed with rockets

Can I bring my rocket-armed SPAD VII?

I doubt I can get there early.

I'd like you all to stop tempting me with this. Thank you.

Bring all your rocket armed planes!
    I can be there at 5 - anybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptWillard View Post
    Bring all your rocket armed planes!
    I can be there at 5 - anybody else?
    Hope to make it! Do we need balloons?

I will try to be there by 5:00 pm, assuming Beltway traffic cooperates.

I have my balloon but with all those rocket firing planes we might need extra ballons
    I should be there by 5

Still at work. Am out for today

Crud, I really wish I could make it to one of these things one day. Particularly this one, I have four balloons I could bring.

Sorry I couldn't make it. I was busy airbrushing phasers for Star Trek costumes.

How'd it go guys? I almost headed up when my normal group canceled at the last minute.

Anybody planning on flying next Monday?
    Mission ideas?
    I wouldn't mind revisiting the balloon busting mission

Rumor has it that I will be starting a new job next Monday in Herndon, VA. I will not be making the long trek to Savage Mill. Someone else will have to bring a camera and document the missions.

I the next Savage Mill on the 14th ? I can drive over there to see if it is and may show up. Don't know if I am up to par with all of you though.

Anybody planning on flying Monday?

Once again I am out because of work.

Something has come up & I won't be able to make it tonight

I will be there if anyone else is.

1 week
    I'll be out of town & won't be able to attend
    Happy flying & a Merry X-Mas to all!!

Hm. My work schedule has shifted for December. I wonder if I can get a ride, or borrow a car, and make it for the 12th.
    Anyone from teh Gaithersburg area showing up?

I'll try to make it this month; Savage Mill at Christmas lifts my spirits. Sorry, I can't help with the trip from Gaithersburg, since I'm in Columbia.

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast