Ares Games
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 1863

Thread: Wings of Savage Mill (Maryland)

So did anyone make it on Monday?

--
    Bill

It was a fun night last week.. Just Paul & I. We got a two seater dogfight & then made up a seaplane scenario (land in water, pull up next to boat, take off, fly off board before I could shoot him down). Bad mistakes on my part let him limp off the board getting away from me in time. Was a very good scenario, lots of fun & tension.

Cool... Was sad to miss it. Can't wait until next month!

Which will be one week from yesterday...
    Anyone have any ideas for scenarios?

Well, I seem to have missed all the bomber action. Maybe somebody wants to bring a Staaken or two

I may be there, likely late, and will not bring any planes so will have to rely on you guys

I will be there & bring a friend I just introduced to the game, so there will be be a rookie pilot to chase around.

If we can do a Bomber run or at least some 2 seater action where the rookie can have an easier time on a larger team with less individual dogfighting chaos, that might be nice. Is there anything you can recommend for that? Anything I can bring?

Will

I'll bring my planes. Have several 2 seaters

Well, still planning on being there and I will bring my Biff.

--
    Bill

I'm going to bow out. I pulled or pinched something in my neck, and turning it or raising my arms is rather painful at the moment.

Do you guys fly altitude rules?

I have been flying with the group for about 6 months. We have flown with altitude once in that time period. I think we tend to avoid altitude because it can slow the game up.

--
    Bill

Is there a plan for next Monday?

I hope to make it
    Bloody April?

I've been thinking I need to donate some blood lately….

Bloody April sounds good to me.

I am planning on being there tonight.

--
    Bill

So, we are looking at... single gun N.17s against ALB D.IIs and D.IIIs?
    D.IIs and D.IIIs vs BE.2cs, FE.2bs, DH.2s?
    And so on.

I've got some BE.2's. They don't seem to stay in the air very long!

I plan to be there. I have D.IIs, a D.I, and some D.IIIs, as well as BE2c, an Avro 504, and single gun Nieuports (Italian I thnk).

Who has Russian planes? And what are they?

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    Who has Russian planes? And what are they?
    Only three "official" Nexus/Ares releases... 1 N.23 and 2 of the reprinted Snipes. Otherwise you're looking at a repaint or 3rd party. Andy/Nightbomber has a number of great looking Polish & Russian kites from immediately post-war to the early 20s.

I have a few Russian N.17s, and a SPAD A.2 that is in the pipeline for some paint.

I have a few Russian repaints, including a number of Russians and Poles from Nightbomber (I think).

I would like to do Austrians against Italians. One of the scenarios I have been wanting to do for years is Luis Arigi shooting down five Italian bombers to become the first ace in one day...

We can also do another flying boat mission...or an Italian or AH raid on observation balloons on the Isonzo front, with some defenders. Or a modified version of the Italians flying to Vienna to drop propaganda leaflets...

Sounds like a fun mission. What was the type of bomber shot down?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptWillard View Post
    Sounds like a fun mission. What was the type of bomber shot down?
    All I can find is two-seat Farman biplanes. Arigi and his observer were in a Hansa-Brandenburg C.I. Also, there were six Italian bombers in the flight.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Hmm I have some aviatik's, a macchi m.5, Fucini's HD. 1 and a caproni ca 3. Not sure if any of these will work but for some reason I think the planes required will show up. Looking forward to it

Yep, it was Farmans and yep, I just happen to have all the planes....there are two questions though: (1), there are some reports that Arigi was not alone, but that there was another AH plane that shot some of the Italians down and Arigi just took credit (he seems to have been that kind of guy), so we need to figure out whether we want to do Arigi's story (one AH plane) or the alternate version (two AH planes), and (2) who will fly Arigi's plane? Should be our best pilot, which is not me.

A book I checked last night says that the Italians say only two of the six aircraft were shot down. Four returned to base, but it didn't say if any were damaged.

Much like Christiansen's first sortie in the Hansa Brandenburg W-29, where five (four?) aircraft attacked three Felixstowe F2As and brought down all of them. The British seaplanes actually landed on the water and were later towed back to their base. This would also make an interesting game sometime.

Is the Arigi mission on for Monday? I'll bring my water mat in case some flying boats appear

Please do. I'll bring my one flying boat.

Arigi mission is on. I have the planes and cards. Scenario can handle six players.If there are more players, we will need to figure out how to expand it.

Cool

See ya

This happening on Monday? If so what should I bring?

This happens on the second Monday of the month, so that would be the 13th of June.

Dagnabbit! Looks like I need to sink ships instead!

Less then a week. Any mission ideas? It's been awhile since I've seen a ballon floating over the battlefield.

Sounds like a good idea. Do you have one?

I do - the yellow one

I will not be able to make it this Monday

Same here. For Father's Day my wife and kids and I are going to play D&D. Yesterday we bought some minis to use for their characters, so I have a bunch of painting to do and not much free time in which to do it.

Work is being dumb. I won't be able to make tonight

I will wait until next month then.

In the Fall I may be hosting air war game sessions at Third Eye in Annapolis, so I'd like a chance to see you guys in action.

Fourth Mondays at Third Eye Games & Hobbies in Annapolis. Just off the end of I-97. I'm thinking an informal start in July, official start in August. Fourth Mondays looks like a solid fit for the store and for me.

Any suggestions for Monday, July 11th?

I may not be able to make it. I've been suffering from vertigo for almost two weeks, and... yeah... it sucks.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon

I'll be able to make it

How about a recon mission?

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast