Ares Games
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 1863

Thread: Wings of Savage Mill (Maryland)

I'm planning on being there this evening.
    Anyone else?

I'll be there and my friend Thomas should make it.

Baring an emergency at home, I should be able to make it.

--
    Bill

Thought Ye Olde Columbia Areodrome might enjoy these pics. & yes that's an actual Taube not a reproduction. Name:  IMG_1413.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  118.1 KB
    Attached Images   

Ooooooh, nice find, Michael.

Cool planes! Where were these taken?

Next game at the store is scheduled for this coming Monday, January 9. Anyone available? Any ideas for scenarios?

I think I will be there this coming week. My weekly game night has moved to Mondays so I can swap one for the other without a change to home schedule.

Should I bring all 30 pounds of gear, or just a few select airplanes?

By the way, do you guys have anything WWII planned, what with the new Starter Set release and all? I'm thinking about throwing a kickoff session in Annapolis in February or March, depending on when the Starter Set arrives.

I have a handful of WWII, and have played it a few times. It has been a couple of years since the last time we did WWII at the game store.

I suddenly have 40 WW2 airplanes. Do not do not DO NOT memorize your credit card number. Nothing good will come of it.

In spite of very similar rules it's a very different vibe. I want to pull it out again before the reboot to make sure I have all the details worked out in my head before I teach again. At this point most of the kids I'm pulling can be deemed "veteran" players so likely just having the rule book nearby will be sufficient for any questions, I just need to know when it's appropriate to ask a question.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    Cool planes! Where were these taken?

Next game at the store is scheduled for this coming Monday, January 9. Anyone available? Any ideas for scenarios?
    They were taken at the Deutsche Museum in Munich.
    I'll be able to make it this month.
    How about a balloon busting mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagrilarus View Post
    I suddenly have 40 WW2 airplanes. Do not do not DO NOT memorize your credit card number. Nothing good will come of it.

In spite of very similar rules it's a very different vibe. I want to pull it out again before the reboot to make sure I have all the details worked out in my head before I teach again. At this point most of the kids I'm pulling can be deemed "veteran" players so likely just having the rule book nearby will be sufficient for any questions, I just need to know when it's appropriate to ask a question.
    Likewise I also have a handful of WW2 planes & it's been a long time since I played.
    I say just bring the game & some WW2 planes & see what folks are up for

Don't mean to press my requests on you guys on my first visit -- WWI is fine with me.

I'm okay with whatever, especially if it means I don't have to bring anything!

John, you'll have to bring the camera for the AAR, if one is to be written. Was there an AAR for last month?
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Managed to adjust my schedule so that I'll be in MD during the afternoon. I'll be able to get the game store around 5 if anybody else would like to start early.

I should be able to make it tomorrow. If the WWII shows up, I would certainly be willing to give it a try, but I am fine with whatever.

--
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    John, you'll have to bring the camera for the AAR, if one is to be written. Was there an AAR for last month?
    Not that I know of. I don't think there was one for November, either, but I could be wrong. I think I did take a few pics with my phone last month.

I should be there, but not sure about the time.

I dropped all my gear in the car, so I'll have all my WWI and WWII stuff on hand. I have a sick kid at home and I think everything is under control for this evening, but I may have to bail home on short notice. I'll let you guys know if I'm not making it. If I do make it I'll likely be early.

I'll get there around 5.

Looks like home is under control for the evening, so I'll be heading out in a few minutes. I'll grab a bite there, so I should arrive pretty soon. I'll be the one with too much stuff.

Nice meeting you, John.
    And that room really is getting crowded, isn't it!?!?

That was a great time. Thank you all for being so welcoming. Now I have a problem -- another scheduled event each month that I want to attend.

I still have an action item on that D.Va. I took a quick look at my inventory last night and didn't even see one listed, but I may have not been looking at the right plane or have the right pilot name for it. I'll need to dig further.

Alright, I'm pretty good with my inventory and I just ran my D.Va list. I'm one plane heavy -- that Baumer we were confused about. Best guess is that neither D.Va came out of my box. I didn't run my other models but I'm leaping to the conclusion those are right, to the point where it's not worth the effort to see if I'm one short!

So I need to get back up your way and get the plane back to you. I don't recall which one of you it came from, so don't hesitate to contact me.

Now I'm neck-deep in reorganizing because I tried to drop my two new planes in the boxes and there wasn't room in the used slots. Just came in to count Albatrosses, now I'm moving everything two slots to the right.

Alright, I've found photographic proof that I do indeed own two of these. So I think we're square.

Now I just need to figure out if I'm missing a machine gun from my Bristol. I reglued to rear gun on the brown and white copy, and with two pairs of glasses on I noticed that the forward facing gun appears to be missing. It may have been since I got the model, can't say I ever checked. Need to find a photo of one.

Next week? Anyone? Bueller?
    I've invited close to two dozen people via Facebook. Hopefully we'll have a decent turnout.

Looking good for me
    Trying to set up afternoon meeting might be able to get there early

Things have worked out well - I can be there by 5:30

Anybody else?

I am not sure if I will be able to do 5:30, but I am planning on being there.

--
    Bill

Dismissed from jury duty at 12:30 so I should be able to make 5:30.

Cross-posting from http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...n-Gaming-Group (just this one time: I promise I won't do it again), as I'm trying to get a new group, see what interest I can scare up.
    So, after mostly recovering from influenza, I talked to Rick over at Play More Games: on his advice, it seems that Tuesdays are the best days to try and get a WoG group together there. And given advance notice for a test run, see how many peeps we can scare up, I'm definitely trying for Tuesday, 21 February (week and a day from now). Their address is 42 Bureau Drive Gaithersburg, MD 20878. Rick suggested a start time of 1800, but I think I"m going for 1830; travel time from my work. Hope to see peeps there.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Grey
    Sorties Flown

sorry to invade your groups thread... I'm trying to find some players to put together a group in bel air, are any of you near the area?

I have a thread here http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...Harford-county

thanks!

edit: oh hey look i'm not the only one heh.

No worries. I love the fact that we have so many gamers in Maryland!

Looks like I should be able to make it on Monday. Is anybody else planning on flying?

With the current forecast think I'll sit this one out

Not good weather for flying.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptWillard View Post
    With the current forecast think I'll sit this one out
    Sounds like a good plan.

Anybody planning on flying tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptWillard View Post
    Anybody planning on flying tomorrow?
    Has anyone flown the last few months? I have seen no AARs.

I missed march because of the weather. We had 6 in February

I plan to be there today

I can make it

I'll try to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    Has anyone flown the last few months? I have seen no AARs.
    Well, I blew up alot. In fact, yesterday I showed up with about 45 minutes left to play and... I drew an explosion. Right after saying, "One good thing about showing up late, it decreases the chances of drawing an explosion."

Glad you could make it! Also happy to draw the boom card for you in the 2nd mission.

All - we found a base for a Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter rolled up in Todd's mat. It does not belong to anybody flying last night. I'll bring it with me to future events.

I plan to be flying at the Game Store next Monday - Anybody else?

I plan on being there. Having just filled two storage bins with planes (one Central Powers, one Entente) I feel the urge to make use of them.

I should be there.

What should we do? Nieuport 11s versus Gotha Ursinus G.1s?
    Or Not So Bloody May, with Bristol Fighters versus D.IIIs?

Both sound good. Maybe both?

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast