Ares Games

Thread: flight stands

trooper

Default flight stands

Just new to the game and have only just ordered a starter set. I'm wondering what the black dial is on some of the flight stands that I have seen in pictures on this sight?

Shaun,

I produce those flight stands that you often see pictured here on the site. The dials are used to track altitude (large ring with numbers directly on the base) and the climb rate (small dial on top). It makes it much easier for all the players to tell what altitude you are out and much easier for you to track it. No need for counters or keeping track of things on paper. Simply turn the dials on "click" and you are good to go.

Hi Shaun, the Col's flight stands are really good and useful, allows the use of the pegs to show off the model at a reasonable height and no swapping of pegs for altitude changes. However dont do what I did and colour the bottom dial numbers green. When playing on a lot of surfaces and especially the WoW mats you cant see the flaming numbers, a momentry madness on my part "doh" to coin a phrase

Chris, if you colored them in with a crayon, you can use a toothpick to clean them out and recolor them.

Hi Col aye I am in the process of doing just that, but thanks for the tip

Hey Col when can we expect some for sale. I noticed on accessories that you are all out of stock. I was thinking of getting about 10 to 15 of them.
    Linz

trooper

Thanks guys I appreciate all the info.

Looking like the first part of May for the flight stands.

Thanks Col can we pre order them?
    Linz